Ray's terrorist scarf

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

Canton-based Dunkin' Donuts, a big business that has maintained its Massachusetts roots, is one of the good guys, but it has to be called out for pulling a Rachel Ray ad that upset a few paranoiacs in the right ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

By comparison our flag is just a piece of cloth with some colors on it. Way to go Beagle comparing Americans to Terrorists. I suggest the Beagle use the checkerd pattern behind the title on the front page if it is such a laughing matter. This is why I'll never spend dime one on your fish wrap.

RE: Budget: For libtards it's never difficult to see raising taxes.

Since: May 08

Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

nannystate brat wrote:
By comparison our flag is just a piece of cloth with some colors on it. Way to go Beagle comparing Americans to Terrorists. I suggest the Beagle use the checkerd pattern behind the title on the front page if it is such a laughing matter. This is why I'll never spend dime one on your fish wrap.
"The bloggers are guilty of the same ignorance and intolerance...That so fits you to a t!! Your right wing nut Bush is the biggest terrorist of all...he is an insult to all who have fought for this country....our soldiers died so you can spout your ignornace...my uncle was one of them who gave his life for this country...what have you given besides an ignorant bunch of right wing rhteotric??....his death was certainly wasted on the likes of you! As for the budget..we had one until your Georgie "The Shrub" got us trillions into the hole!! VOTE Democratic. The Ass You Save May Be Your Own!!!!!
Yon can turn LEFT at the next election!
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

SharonMom of Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
"The bloggers are guilty of the same ignorance and intolerance...That so fits you to a t!! Your right wing nut Bush is the biggest terrorist of all...he is an insult to all who have fought for this country....our soldiers died so you can spout your ignornace...my uncle was one of them who gave his life for this country...what have you given besides an ignorant bunch of right wing rhteotric??....his death was certainly wasted on the likes of you! As for the budget..we had one until your Georgie "The Shrub" got us trillions into the hole!! VOTE Democratic. The Ass You Save May Be Your Own!!!!!
Yon can turn LEFT at the next election!
Sharon, the only person in America who had a relative die in war. This gives you the right to bad mouth every one who you don't agree with? You are truly the ignorant one with your hateful posts. Remember before you call someone on their inornace, you might want to try to figure out how to use spell check, and preview your posts. Then you can cry and whine, like a pregnant dog, all you want.
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

nannystate brat wrote:
Unless you're suggesting a Stetson or fedora is also a flag "by comparison," it is a bad comparison. The Taliban and al Qaeda say women must wear burkas and can't wear Western clothing while the Western right wing wingnuts say women can't wear a scarf resembling Mideastern men's clothing. Now there is your comparison.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're suggesting a Stetson or fedora is also a flag "by comparison," it is a bad comparison. The Taliban and al Qaeda say women must wear burkas and can't wear Western clothing while the Western right wing wingnuts say women can't wear a scarf resembling Mideastern men's clothing. Now there is your comparison.
I don't care what people wear. A symbol is a symbol. If you want to look like an Islamofascist fine I'll know who to avoid when I see you walking down the street. It's not just the conservatives that are upset about people wear the kaffiyeh for fashion.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/05/30/121...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/celeb-chef-und...
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

nannystate brat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what people wear. A symbol is a symbol. If you want to look like an Islamofascist fine I'll know who to avoid when I see you walking down the street. It's not just the conservatives that are upset about people wear the kaffiyeh for fashion.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/05/30/121...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/celeb-chef-und...
I didn't see anything in those articles saying it's not just the right-wing fanatics. I saw that some people were upset but not that they weren't right-wing fanatics while many saw it just as a fahion trend.

I saw this:

"She said the so-called "desert scarf" had become a recent fashion craze in Australia, following a similar trend in the US about a year ago that started after celebrities including Jude Law and the Mary Kate Olsen were seen wearing one."

And this:

"In Australia, versions of the keffiyeh were available at popular fashion retailers, including General Pants, Cotton On and Tree of Life, Hunt said. But retailers said they often sold out of the scarf, she said."

And this:

"Critics, including conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, complained that the scarf appeared to be traditional garb worn by Arab men. The ad's critics say such scarves have come to symbolise Muslim extremism and terrorism."

And this:

"NSW Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Alhadeff said the wearing of the keffiyeh as a fashion item was a "non-issue".

"It's a non-issue as far as we are concerned. If someone chooses to wear such an item for whatever reason that's their choice."

As someone who is pro-Israel, I tend to agree with the last quote too.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see anything in those articles saying it's not just the right-wing fanatics. I saw that some people were upset but not that they weren't right-wing fanatics while many saw it just as a fahion trend.
I saw this:
"She said the so-called "desert scarf" had become a recent fashion craze in Australia, following a similar trend in the US about a year ago that started after celebrities including Jude Law and the Mary Kate Olsen were seen wearing one."
And this:
"In Australia, versions of the keffiyeh were available at popular fashion retailers, including General Pants, Cotton On and Tree of Life, Hunt said. But retailers said they often sold out of the scarf, she said."
And this:
"Critics, including conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, complained that the scarf appeared to be traditional garb worn by Arab men. The ad's critics say such scarves have come to symbolise Muslim extremism and terrorism."
And this:
"NSW Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Alhadeff said the wearing of the keffiyeh as a fashion item was a "non-issue".
"It's a non-issue as far as we are concerned. If someone chooses to wear such an item for whatever reason that's their choice."
As someone who is pro-Israel, I tend to agree with the last quote too.
Oh OK.
Thanks for taking the time to cherry pick some quotes.
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

nannystate brat wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh OK.
Thanks for taking the time to cherry pick some quotes.
Well, the quotes summed up your articles, so you're welcome. Feel free to "cherry pick" some quotes from your own sources that show it's not just the right wing fanatics who are freaking out and hiding under their beds over Rachel Ray's scarf of mass destruction, which is what you said you were providing me information on.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the quotes summed up your articles, so you're welcome. Feel free to "cherry pick" some quotes from your own sources that show it's not just the right wing fanatics who are freaking out and hiding under their beds over Rachel Ray's scarf of mass destruction, which is what you said you were providing me information on.
I'll let you cherry pick quotes. But don't you dare presume to put words in my mouth. If you didn't get the gist of the whole first article then you didn't get it. I can't spoon feed you. You have your mommy for that.
Symbols make you feel bad

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

I thought dittoheads left the touchy feely fashionista stuff to the "libtards." I guess Malkin and Nannystate are just another in a long line of hypocrites.
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Translation:

"I have no proof of my claims that it's not just the right-wing mujahideen scared of an article of clothing."

Now THAT was putting words in your mouth. The ideas were yours but the words were mine. The other post I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I copied and pasted words from your source. All very accurate. But, I must admit that the "But don't you dare presume to..." was quite dramatic. A bit over the top for the situation but a good use of drama and I applaud your acting skills.

If you went to the trouble to search and post links to articles supposedly proving your point I doubt you'd have a problem posting something, anything from any of the articles backing your claim. Unless their is nothing in yur sources to back up your claim. Now that would make sense why you suddenly decided to stop backing up your own point.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Symbols make you feel bad wrote:
I thought dittoheads left the touchy feely fashionista stuff to the "libtards." I guess Malkin and Nannystate are just another in a long line of hypocrites.
Huh? What the frick are you talking about?
Look like an Islamofascist all you want. I think it is either poor taste or ignorance why someone would put one on. How does that make me a hypocrite?
You know what's hypocritical is the feminazi libtards sticking for these cultures that cover their women in bags. Well actually I've seen some of the women on the left, maybe that's why they side with Islamofascists.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
Translation:
"I have no proof of my claims that it's not just the right-wing mujahideen scared of an article of clothing."
Now THAT was putting words in your mouth. The ideas were yours but the words were mine. The other post I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I copied and pasted words from your source. All very accurate. But, I must admit that the "But don't you dare presume to..." was quite dramatic. A bit over the top for the situation but a good use of drama and I applaud your acting skills.
If you went to the trouble to search and post links to articles supposedly proving your point I doubt you'd have a problem posting something, anything from any of the articles backing your claim. Unless their is nothing in yur sources to back up your claim. Now that would make sense why you suddenly decided to stop backing up your own point.
WOW you really are an idiot. I know those are quotes from the articals.

Just like these:

"Shevonne Hunt, a freelance journalist who has reported on the keffiyeh's popularity in Australia, said many Palestinians were annoyed the widespread use of the keffiyeh for fashion had watered down its meaning."

"Many Palestinians are now actually annoyed because it's lost its power, it's lost its impact."

Now sit down and shut the f up.
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Excellent. And yet this self-important "brat" still hasn't backed up her claim that it's not just the right-wing whackos who are upset. I see nothing in those quotes that said anything about them not being from the right. But apparently you do? LOLOLOLOL. Apparently the cliche is wrong. A mind is a wonderful thing to waste.
Still no proof. Just claims. Typical conservative strategy.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
Excellent. And yet this self-important "brat" still hasn't backed up her claim that it's not just the right-wing whackos who are upset. I see nothing in those quotes that said anything about them not being from the right. But apparently you do? LOLOLOLOL. Apparently the cliche is wrong. A mind is a wonderful thing to waste.
Still no proof. Just claims. Typical conservative strategy.
Oh so now you have to twist things and nit pick. With how you are trying to frame things I can say I never talked about right wing wackos.
Freedom

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Twist things and nit picking by asking you to supply proof of your claim? Where did it say that those people weren't from the right.
That's as logical as making the claim that Jack the Ripper didn't just kill women because men all over the world were killed during the 1800s.
Media

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Sometimes a scarf is just a scarf and a big hipped annoying coffee spokesperson is just that.
nannystate brat

North Bergen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Freedom wrote:
Twist things and nit picking by asking you to supply proof of your claim? Where did it say that those people weren't from the right.
That's as logical as making the claim that Jack the Ripper didn't just kill women because men all over the world were killed during the 1800s.
I feel sorry you have such a small mind you can't grasp subtleties.

Perhaps my mistake was typing:

"It's not just the conservatives that are upset about people wear the kaffiyeh for fashion."

If I had phrased it this way
"It's not just the American conservatives that are upset about people wear the kaffiyeh for fashion, it's the Palestinians too."
Would your panties be in less of a bunch and not have fixated on such a minute detail?
Freedom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

I wear a kaffiyeh as a thong and wipe my butt with the American flag. FREEDOM!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canton Discussions

Search the Canton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Doink Rules 1 hr Laughing Jesus 72
Doink (Feb '10) 1 hr Laughing Jesus 786
What do you like best about CW??? (Jul '10) 1 hr Laughing Jesus 1,275
Doink (Jun '13) 2 hr Laughing Jesus 249
Celebrate Chanukah in Stoughton (Dec '12) 17 hr Kundrot dionkie 198
What do you like about Shades?? (Apr '13) Wed Kundrot dionkie 330
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Wed Kundrot dionkie 1,145
•••
•••

Canton News Video

•••
•••

Canton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE