Norwood lawyer pleads guilty to insurance fraud scheme

Full story: Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly

A Norwood attorney faces prison time and fines after pleading guilty to a fraud and kick-back scheme that netted at least $1.2 million from an insurance company.
Comments
81 - 100 of 100 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
patty

Boston, MA

#84 Jun 27, 2011
i dont get it
norwood business man

Norwood, MA

#85 Jul 19, 2011
jim must have a girlfriend in jail his wife must me very angry
norwood resident

Charlestown, MA

#86 Sep 15, 2011
Just FYI - Jim has been apparently released to a half way house in Philly.
norwood

Norwood, MA

#87 Sep 16, 2011
norwood resident wrote:
Just FYI - Jim has been apparently released to a half way house in Philly.
I heard he is being released in March of 2012.
out on bail

Chicago, IL

#88 Oct 12, 2011
out of jail
Out of halfway house

West Roxbury, MA

#89 Oct 21, 2011
he is out and working in Boston
He will never learn

Billerica, MA

#90 Oct 27, 2011
Out of halfway house wrote:
Does anyone know where he is working in Framingham? Can't believe he is out? Federal site says that he will be released in March 2012.
He will never learn

Billerica, MA

#91 Oct 27, 2011
norwood business man wrote:
jim must have a girlfriend in jail his wife must me very angry
Jim had girlfriends even before he went to prison and his wife did not know about them.
He will never learn

Billerica, MA

#92 Oct 27, 2011
boston wrote:
oops! jimciapciak.com dog blog!
I saw that site...very funny that he would talk about being loyal.
Former victim

Walpole, MA

#93 Oct 29, 2011
I can vouch for every word about the kind of human being, and I use that term loosely, Jim is. I had business dealings with him and yep, you guessed it, he tried his hardest to turn around and screw me and my family. He thought I would do what everyone else did and that is roll over and pay up. Well I fought back against the sob and won. My attorney was totally disgusted by what a slim ball he was. But when the truth came out in depositions, he folded. In fact he wanted the depositions destroyed because the bar would not of looked kindly on the truth. He did cost me money for legal fees but it was money well spent! By the way how did his kids stay in their 50,000 a year private schools when he was away in prison for all those years? Rumor has it it paid their tutitions in full from day one. With what money? Metlifes I would guess......and he already had a 900000 mortgage on his house when he was busted so how did his family afford to stay in that house while he was on prison? He always bragged his best friend and kids godfather was head of emc....... But he is such a liar who knows. I would love to know how he is making a living while living in a 5000 sq ft house with taxes of 12000 year, a 900000 mortgage, and 2 kids in college and one in private school. Their lifestyle hasn't seemed to have changed much. Seems odd to me. Wouldnt the Feds of seized all his assets?
Norte Dame Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#94 Nov 10, 2011
One of his girlfriend's was rumored to have visited Philly so things seem to be getting back to normal in a sense. Best of luck!
norwood resident

Charlestown, MA

#95 Dec 19, 2011
Out of halfway house wrote:
How did you hear this and any idea where he is now working?
Another Victim 2

Boston, MA

#96 Jan 17, 2012
Jim was disbarred in the spring of 2011 (YAY!) effective retroactively to August 2009. He is out of jail on probation and is working in real estate now. He is an ***hole all the way through. He used to say 'just kill em with kindness; I'll smile at them while stabbing them in the back.' He does know the Egans, and I'm guessing that he thought it would help him when this all came down. He gets what he deserves and I would advise everyone you know to never buy real estate from him or the place where he works. Ya, loved that 'dog blog'! He is still kidding himself but he is ruined. In my opinion, he didn't get enough jail time.
Interested

New York, NY

#97 Jan 22, 2012
Was he able to get a real estate license even with his felony convictions and disbarment?
Solo Practitioner

New York, NY

#98 Feb 25, 2012
It's fortunate for society that James Ciapciak had his law licenses taken away. He's dangerous and Jim Ciapciak allocuted in open court that he committed felony crimes against a client. And it is comforting to know that when James Ciapciak is released from the custody of the United States Bureau of Prisons, he will continue to be supervised by representatives of the government of the United Stats of America. Wonder how the Fourth of July feels to one who's been subject to incarceration by the United States of America? Do thoughts of Notre Dame and its law school still generate a warm and fuzzy feeling?
Notre Dame Law

United States

#99 Sep 12, 2012
How does one have a moment of peace when one is a criminal who has been convicted of multiple felonies, been in Federal prison, and been disbarred? Having one's misdeeds plastered all over the World Wide Web must be so humiliating--especially for a person with children and an uncommon surname. A lawyer who steals from his own client is really bad; certainly demonstrates a person who is prepared to act in a manner that is completely at odds with the teachings at Notre Dame. To have your name forever listed on the Bureau of Prisons website--along with inmate number--must create a feeling of extreme shame. James Ciapciak spoke at his sentencing and the transcript is available to the public on the United States government website www.pacer.gov It is also posted in its entirety on a number of Web sites including one in, of all places, Poland.
Pierre Marmont

UK

#100 Dec 8, 2012
Is it okay for a criminal who has been disbarred to after release from a US Federal Prison in West Virginia do real estate work? Is there any requirement that the criminal disclose that he or she is a criminal convicted of felony crimes who has had the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Federal court for the district that includes Boston, Massachusetts, determine that his law license must be revoked through the process of disbarment?
abcd

Walpole, MA

#101 Feb 2, 2013
Question was how do I remove name from internet.
Answer: There are only two viable strategies for the situation you describe.
One, is to do exactly as you are doing...contact each and every site,
and ask them to remove (or at least alter) the information on you.
This will work for some sites, but not for all of them. It can be
difficult to find the procedures at each site regarding
revisions/deletions. For instance, imdb.com has a procedure for
requesting changes in listed information, but it's not easily
unearthed at their website.
The other strategy is to provide new information about yourself at
popular sites, whether at imdb, other professional databases, forums,
blogs, or at individual websites. These up-to-date pages might then
come to the top of search results on your name. They won't eliminate
the older information, but at least the old stuff will be further down
on the results list, and less visible.
Beyond that, there's simply no way to have information globally
removed from search engine results. For better or worse, the internet
just doesn't work that way.
primetime

Little Rock, AR

#102 Feb 8, 2013
Personally I like him
Julio Mansata

New York, NY

#103 Feb 25, 2013
Has the mugshot taken at the time of James Ciapciak's arrest been posted yet on various websites? Are the images of James Ciapciak as a federal prisoner of the United States of America in khaki pants and federal prison garb posted? If not, it is just a matter of time as there are services that do that. Updates will be appreciated by the public, as it is important that the public be advised and well informed when a person who is a convicted felon is in the community since the public is often concerned and scared.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town Reform (May '09) 15 hr Kundrot dionkie 6
dionkie blows (Aug '13) 20 hr Truth 330
Doink Rules Sat Doink C 104
Celebrate Chanukah in Stoughton (Dec '12) Aug 28 Kundrot dionkie 211
What is the #1 Walsh Accomplishment (Jan '10) Aug 28 Kundrot dionkie 486
What do you like about Shades?? (Apr '13) Aug 28 Kundrot dionkie 344
What do you like best about CW??? (Jul '10) Aug 28 Kundrot dionkie 1,302
•••

Canton News Video

•••