Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad o...

Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad on scarf scare

There are 6 comments on the AMNY story from May 29, 2008, titled Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad on scarf scare. In it, AMNY reports that:

Screen grab of Rachael Ray Dunkin' Donuts ad. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS and amNY.com 11:18 AM EDT, May 29, 2008 A controversial conservative commentator has slam dunked Dunkin' Donuts, forcing the junk food giant to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

Sydney N Phin

Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

#1 May 29, 2008
We find her dress to be offensive. Remove at once along with all undergarments. Then reshoot the shot.
Papabc

Englewood, CO

#2 May 29, 2008
Stupid problem.. I do not see the Symbolic Support.

Sometimes a scraf is just a scarf.
Trasi

United States

#3 May 29, 2008
This has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I will make sure I NEVER go to a Dunkin Donut store in the future. People really need to get over themselves!
Tee from NJ

United States

#4 May 29, 2008
It's a scarf, people, a scarf!!!! Anybody can wear one. Stop perpetuating the terror angle in America. The kaffiyeh has been worn wrapped around the head in desert regions for centuries as protection from the sun, and is traditionally worn by Arab men. The fact that Yasser Arafat wore it has nothing to do with promoting terrorism. Before he was born, people were wearing that scarf. It has become a symbol of terrorism because the MEDIA has given it that much power. Half of the American-born Muslim population in the U.S. has that scarf, and they're not terrorists. The scarf looks nice with an outfit, period. What would be the implication if Rachael had on a scarf that resembled a Native American, Israeli or Chinese print? Would she be a sympathizer? Let's move on already!
nycgirl

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 29, 2008
People need to get a life seriously it's just a scarf and I looked at the picture and I don't see any resemblemence to the tradtional wrap
krishna

Middleburg, FL

#6 May 29, 2008
Normally, I like Michelle Malkin but she is pretty ignorant to believe that a scarf worn around the neck supports Islamic terrorism. When seeking the photo, I thought I would see a hijab ON the lady's head but it is around her neck. Ms. Malkin better be careful. The next thing that people may complain about is her ethnicity as it is unfortunate how people from her land, the Phillipines, are Muslims and into terrorism. Ignorance should be painful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA Jul 20 Nneka A 9
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Jun '16 bkelsey 13
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton Jun '16 mdtanq28 6
Shirts Pressed May '16 Pop the Weasel 2
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May '16 Regina 1
News Norwood Man Charged with Selling Cocaine Apr '16 Clown by Proxy 1
Doink Rules (May '14) Apr '16 Old Dying Clown 156

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance