State subpoenas records of gas retailers

State subpoenas records of gas retailers

There are 68 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Sep 16, 2008, titled State subpoenas records of gas retailers. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Gov. Jodi Rell has directed the Department of Consumer Protection to subpoena records from Cumberland Farms and other retailers over their increases in the price of gasoline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CaptSquid

Bozeman, MT

#61 Sep 23, 2008
40¢ per gallon increase isn't gouging, considering how high it could've gone. There're people who cry gouging at the minutest of increases. One even wailed when he was charged 18¢ more for a credit card purchase!
try some butter

United States

#62 Sep 23, 2008
I hope it goes to $20 a gallon so all of you morons get off our roads and/or are forced to ride a motorcycle.
won_t work

Morristown, NJ

#63 Sep 24, 2008
concern citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, one day won't cut it. Maybe a whole week would.
You could boycott it for a month and it wouldn't make a difference.
The oil companies know that the world is completely dependant on oil/gas. They know if we boycott, we'll eventually come back, so there's no incentive to lower prices. They'll just wait it out. And as punishment to the world for boycotting, they'll *raise* prices.
Or how about this? As a big oil company, I would *deny* the world oil. You want to boycott? That's nice. Now we're gonna boycott YOU. The world gets no more oil. None. Now I'm in control. You get oil when I ALLOW it. Then when the world is pleading PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us oil back, I'd jack up the price to DOUBLE what it used to be and the world will be more than happy to pay it.
Tin Foil

East Lyme, CT

#64 Sep 24, 2008
try some butter wrote:
I hope it goes to $20 a gallon so all of you morons get off our roads and/or are forced to ride a motorcycle.
yeah,... Great idea ass wip*, a motorcycle for the commute on 84 in January, make mine a Hardly Abelson,....hey, It can't go fast so make it noisy
try some butter

United States

#65 Sep 24, 2008
Tin Foil wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah,... Great idea **** wip*, a motorcycle for the commute on 84 in January, make mine a Hardly Abelson,....hey, It can't go fast so make it noisy
at least it will keep the cock lickers off the road such as yoruself.
Jen

Scarsdale, NY

#66 Sep 24, 2008
Stratford CT wrote:
The Cumberland Farms in Stratford has been doing this for years, This past friday gas was $3.64 a gallon for regular at 7am, and when I got out of work and off the exit at 4pm, it was selling for $3.91 a gallon. They absolutely need to be investigated.
I noticed that too! The funny thing is that they are usually the cheapest around. So much so that there are always lines waiting for the pumps!
wow

Peabody, MA

#67 Sep 24, 2008
try some butter wrote:
That would be great so we can buy a gallon of milk for $15 dollars and a loaf of bread for $10...love your logic...
try some butter

United States

#68 Sep 25, 2008
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be great so we can buy a gallon of milk for $15 dollars and a loaf of bread for $10...love your logic...
see where your wrong is, at that point you won't be paying for the milk and bread, but waiting in line for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who should be elected selectman in April? (Jan '08) Jul 29 HBorkin 385
News Celebrate Chanukah in Stoughton (Dec '12) Jul 26 Kundrot dionkie 233
Doink Rules (May '14) Jul 17 Doink C 152
News Girl says firefighter raped her (Aug '06) Jul 14 Suzanne young 980
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Jul 8 Bobby Grayson 542
News Fitchburg's untold story: It's the cultural cen... (Dec '09) Jun '15 Tammy 38
electricians (Jan '06) Jun '15 Sara Killinger 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages