State subpoenas records of gas retailers

State subpoenas records of gas retailers

There are 68 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from Sep 16, 2008, titled State subpoenas records of gas retailers. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Gov. Jodi Rell has directed the Department of Consumer Protection to subpoena records from Cumberland Farms and other retailers over their increases in the price of gasoline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sandy

Plymouth, MN

#1 Sep 16, 2008
Cool - I complained about them today, the station in Wolcott raised prices 28 cents over the weekend while gas prices in the area generally rose 10 -14 cents. Thanks Gov. Rell!
Dog

Cheshire, CT

#2 Sep 16, 2008
Not Big Oil? I thought they were owned by Gulf? or at least branded Gulf?
Hope the outcome gets posted
GEO

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2008
We have a problem with the retail end, and it started 20 years ago, Some stations are owned by Non-Americans and Others are owned by big oil themselves. Cumberland farms has been like so many oher non local companys ie;Chain stores, They could care less about the local towns they serve.In our quest to be PC we are destroying our country like no other generation has. Bad thing is most Americans could care less.The "Its all about me" generation is a discrace,.
GEO

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2008
Dog wrote:
Not Big Oil? I thought they were owned by Gulf? or at least branded Gulf?
Hope the outcome gets posted
They are a bunch of greedy Liberals out of Mass. Cumbys is upto alot more than gouging.
Thank you and goodnight

Port Chester, NY

#5 Sep 16, 2008
Nice to finally see Hartford actually trying to do something for a change. Still...doubt anything is going change.
Bullcrap

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2008
Prices dropped .10 in Waterbury so complaining to Rell does work!!!
Opinion

Old Lyme, CT

#7 Sep 16, 2008
I think everyone should boycott Cumberland farms until the are out of business. they are the one's doing the most price gouging. If you do not do anything to make a change then everything stays the same.
Bruce

AOL

#8 Sep 16, 2008
9/16/08 Oil commodities closed @$91.02 and wholesale gasoline for November delivery @$2.28/gal.
Those are the same prices from 2/5/08 and gas retailed between $3.00 & $3.10 per gallon. As these were the prices that were used to increase retail, why isn't it coming down? Someone is making a cool $1/gal profit, that's gouging! By the way, that Cumberland Farms, Meriden Rd, Wolcott raised his price again today to $3.86/gal.

“Hell-oooo???!!!”

Since: Sep 08

Clinton

#9 Sep 16, 2008
Scum sucking water rats....
mandie

South Windsor, CT

#10 Sep 16, 2008
Finally!! The cumberland on route 5 on the south windsor east hartford line changes its prices on a daily basis and is often 8-10 cents higher than the sunoco and mobile across and next door to it. Also saw the main street in glastonbury cumberland farms at $3.99 yesterday!
Gasosa

East Hampton, CT

#11 Sep 16, 2008
So you are making noise and acting "tuff", but what will come out of this Ms Governor? Remeber the last time prices rose? Good luck, but I have my doubts.
Horses Rule

United States

#12 Sep 16, 2008
She's looking into creating laws defining gouging? Hmmm.....
Mike

Edison, NJ

#13 Sep 16, 2008
Hmmm....About 95% of the time the Cumbys in Torrington is cheaper than every other station in the area.

But go ahead Rell, charge the highest gas taxes in the country and then point your finger at the businesses trying to make some money too.
Tsk tsk

United States

#14 Sep 16, 2008
Who cares - if they charge too much then go elsewhere. The 2 stations on First Ave in West Haven by I-95 had regular for $3.659 tonight.
driver8

Bridgeport, CT

#15 Sep 16, 2008
GEO wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a bunch of greedy Liberals out of Mass. Cumbys is upto alot more than gouging.
they sure aren't liberals....get a clue
Up In Arms

Morris, CT

#16 Sep 16, 2008
I think we should have a nationwide one-day gas boycott. We citizens are being screwed at the pumps on a daily basis,and it's waaaaaay past time we fight back.

I suggest a one-day weekday gas boycott.

Nobody goes to work.
Nobody goes to school.
No shopping for food or clothing for one day.

Let's agree on a date and spread the word. How about Friday, September 26?

Let's let 'big oil' see that we're not going to take it lying down any longer.
vin a

AOL

#17 Sep 16, 2008
Up In Arms wrote:
I think we should have a nationwide one-day gas boycott. We citizens are being screwed at the pumps on a daily basis,and it's waaaaaay past time we fight back.
Nobody goes to work.
Nobody goes to school.
Great miss a days pay just so they can raise the prices even higher on Saturday to make up for the loss on Friday----WOW!!!--You should run for office.
Sally

Port Chester, NY

#18 Sep 16, 2008
Up In Arms wrote:
Nobody goes to work.
Nobody goes to school.
A nation-wide boycott of 300+ MILLION people? With a window of 10 days to get the message across?

You sir, are truly an idiot.
Paul

Naugatuck, CT

#19 Sep 16, 2008
Since oil closed somewhere around $91 a barrel and last year when the price of oil was below $100 a barrel gas was selling in the mid two dollar range. What is going on now other than GREED!
As the price increased to the all time high of $147 a barrel, the price of gas went up sometimes twice a day. The price of oil lately has dropped several DOLLARS at a time but the price of gas has not followed in the same fashion.
Who is watching the shop? Certainly NOT WASHINGTON or HARTFORD!!!!

Since: Mar 08

East Rock, New Haven

#20 Sep 16, 2008
driver8 wrote:
<quoted text> they sure aren't liberals....get a clue
Exactly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randal Moller " is a thief " (Feb '14) Apr 9 David Moller sr 11
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Apr 6 daisymay32738 581
Norwood Honor Society Presents Kids' Birthday B... Apr 4 JeanBHall 1
News Illegal immigrant who tortured dog gets prison ... Mar 27 tomin cali 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) Mar '18 earl 16
News Baskin-Robbins Announces Expansion In Toronto, ... Mar '18 had a shop there 1
News Owner told Stoughton police: I want my dog back! (Oct '09) Feb '18 RobSucks 213

Canton Jobs

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages