Dunkin Donuts: Palmer Township reside...

Dunkin Donuts: Palmer Township resident Jane Boderck is a final...

There are 8 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 18, 2009, titled Dunkin Donuts: Palmer Township resident Jane Boderck is a final.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

It's time to make a new Dunkin' Donut, and Jane Boderck of Palmer Township is trying to help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

J BLACK

Bethlehem, PA

#1 May 18, 2009
So, the Morning Call can report on THIS, but nothing about the positive event that occured yesterday in downtown Allentown ?

The International Peace Parade held yesterday was awesome! It was a beautiful sight to see all of the different flags, nationalities, and cultures come together and march from downtown Allentown to Bucky Boyle Park! This was needed and appreciated! I have to give a "shout out" to the Arts Illuminarium, Pana Columbus, the artist, Yodi, and every group, volunteer and spectator that came out to make this event happen! Who said that only the West Side can have decent events? The colors, the excitement, the cultural exchange and conversations, and the neighborhoods that normally get nothing but police activity and negative publicity are finally starting to obtain what they have needed all along to improve themselves: utilization, inclusion, and respect.

J. BLACK
www.5minutes2shine.blogspot.com
bizarro world

Conshohocken, PA

#2 May 18, 2009
If she wins, perhaps PizzaSnobz can deep-fry one.
amanda

Philadelphia, PA

#3 May 18, 2009
J BLACK wrote:
So, the Morning Call can report on THIS, but nothing about the positive event that occured yesterday in downtown Allentown ?
The International Peace Parade held yesterday was awesome! It was a beautiful sight to see all of the different flags, nationalities, and cultures come together and march from downtown Allentown to Bucky Boyle Park! This was needed and appreciated! I have to give a "shout out" to the Arts Illuminarium, Pana Columbus, the artist, Yodi, and every group, volunteer and spectator that came out to make this event happen! Who said that only the West Side can have decent events? The colors, the excitement, the cultural exchange and conversations, and the neighborhoods that normally get nothing but police activity and negative publicity are finally starting to obtain what they have needed all along to improve themselves: utilization, inclusion, and respect.
J. BLACK
And let me guess, you really think that Allentown is now cured of all racism and hate - right? You my friend truly live in a fantasy world if you believe that. As much as I wish your little parade solved the true problems of Allentown, I'm sad to say that it didn't. Until we get the government assistance like Section 8 housing, etc. out of Allentown it will never change. March all you want, the problems are still there. I commend you for your efforts and hope though.
Boots

Allentown, PA

#4 May 18, 2009
Has anybody noticed how BAD the Dunkin' Donuts are since every 7-11 owner now thinks he is a baker?? Loosen the towel fellas cause it aint curry and goat!
duh

Allentown, PA

#5 May 18, 2009
bizarro world wrote:
If she wins, perhaps PizzaSnobz can deep-fry one.
LOL!!!!
Huh

Nazareth, PA

#6 May 18, 2009
"The colors, the excitement, the cultural exchange and conversations, and the neighborhoods that normally get nothing but police activity and negative publicity....."

Yea, but the only way they got "Yoda" to show up for the parade was because Hans Solo and Chewy were providing protection till they got through the neighborhood. And when it was over, Chewy had to dry clean his fur to get the Mexican Hot Chocolate sauce out!
The Truth

Glen Lyon, PA

#7 May 19, 2009
I heard they were selling the
donuts as a Mexican dozen,
they cram 16 donuts into a one dozen box?
J BLACK

Bethlehem, PA

#8 May 19, 2009
"And let me guess, you really think that Allentown is now cured of all racism and hate - right? You my friend truly live in a fantasy world if you believe that. As much as I wish your little parade solved the true problems of Allentown, I'm sad to say that it didn't. Until we get the government assistance like Section 8 housing, etc. out of Allentown it will never change. March all you want, the problems are still there. I commend you for your efforts and hope though."

Nope, Amanda, this was a start, pure and simple. A literal "drop in the bucket". But it is "something" that can be built upon. No location is free from racism and hate. There was racism and hate in the Lehigh Valley long before the first Black, Latin or even Pennsylvania Dutch arrived on the scene, but the point is that someone is taking action to make difference.

-J. BLACK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New development planned for East Milton Sep 11 LoveEastMiltonSq 1
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Sep 1 Jo-Nathan Nichols 568
Review: Boston Tae Kwon Do Academy (Jan '14) Jul '17 DistractedGeek 10
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Dedham Jun '17 VictorOrians 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Canton May '17 VictorOrians 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) May '17 IHateKickboxing 30
Beatles For Sale returns to E. Walpole in June May '17 Beatleman 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance