Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,561 - 32,580 of 49,417 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

At the most basic legal essence, marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. The constitution requires equal treatment for all persons.

The only eligibility requirement for fundamental rights is being human.

Reasonable restrictions may be made only when a compelling and legitimate governmental interest can withstand judicial scrutiny.

Most can agree with the courts that reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related, or currently married.

Procreation ability is not a requirement, and people who cannot procreate get married every day, including those with birth defects.

Yet even that irrational excuse for discrimination ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted.

Denial of equal treatment under the law provides no benefit to opposite sex couple families.

It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

the blue bird bus wrote:
Hey ki mare...you'll have to excuse my thought spirals I lean toward occultist ways of thinking.yes...I'm strange but don't stone me yet ! Has any one out there ever read anything about the yin and yang philosophy and the way of tao ? Somehow in the spin of life male and female elements are installed into each of us,I personaly am not homosexual or phobic but I sence the female aspects of my male being perhaps these homo gays have too much of the female element over weighing the balance of tao and vice versa for lesbian
The balance of nature you're describing is evident in this graphic depiction:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
the blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Wow...rainbow kid, that is some funny stuff. I love it !!! You gotta brain man come on down and collect your award !!! Your post name meaning homosexual or trippy hippie ?? Are you a gatherer of peace and living light or the other? If you're a cosmic glow bug id like to start a mind game called "chess board "on a new discussion post. The homo project is making my head hurt id like to take this blue bird to strawberrie fields forever....
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

the blue bird bus wrote:
Wow...rainbow kid, that is some funny stuff. I love it !!! You gotta brain man come on down and collect your award !!! Your post name meaning homosexual or trippy hippie ?? Are you a gatherer of peace and living light or the other? If you're a cosmic glow bug id like to start a mind game called "chess board "on a new discussion post. The homo project is making my head hurt id like to take this blue bird to strawberrie fields forever....
No; but thanks; sugar
I post where my ying-yang leads me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Orlando-Fer...
listen

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Why are we discussing this
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

listen wrote:
Why are we discussing this
Do you expect 37,933 answers to your question?
What

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

?????
THIS IS WHY wrote:
??????????
<quoted text>
Huh

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

???????
What wrote:
?????
<quoted text>
likeitrough

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Taking in the butt is faaaaaaaaaaaabulous!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

likeitrough wrote:
Taking in the butt is faaaaaaaaaaaabulous!
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Homosexual sex is a redundant half of natural complimentary sex, the design of nature.

Moreover, homosexual procreation desolation is a clear indication of defect.

At the most intimate level, clearly distinct from marriage.

Smile.
The Pope

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I think priests should be allowed to marry.
That's women, men, girls, boys, rabbits, turtles,
hippos, cats, dogs....etc....
Kind of turns me on thinking about it.
spanky

Altona, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Why not? Good point pope...I like your style short sweet and sum this madness up case solved.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
In your mind, but a lot of people like it for some reason. And the majority of them are straight.

The nice thing is that NO ONE is required to engage in any type of sex that they don't personally like.

And it's also nice that the government does not legislate the types of sex one must have in order to obtain a marriage license.
blue bird bus

Altona, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Ok folks...enoughs enough time to talk bout something smart maybe.if all we can talk about is where a dick should be pointing isn't something wrong with us ??? Can we ever hope to think ? To actually think...come on everybody hop on the blue bird bus and ill show the def dumb and blind how why when and where we are going. The driver is mr.manson. hey little buddy come on
blue bird bus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Come on rainbow kid...get on the bus. So we can interogate and torment you till we find out if youre gay or lesbian.wavey gravey is waiting for your interview now get on the fu**ing bus

“When You Stare Into The Abyss”

Since: Feb 13

The Abyss Stares Back At You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

blue bird bus wrote:
Ok folks...enoughs enough time to talk bout something smart maybe.if all we can talk about is where a dick should be pointing isn't something wrong with us ??? Can we ever hope to think ? To actually think...come on everybody hop on the blue bird bus and ill show the def dumb and blind how why when and where we are going. The driver is mr.manson. hey little buddy come on
HuH??? I believe off topic,please read the title at the top of the thread for the correct subject matter! Good luck on your journey and may the blue bird of happiness fly up your nose! ;)!
HuH?
The Pope

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I want all of my wonderful gay priests to marry.
Then when they are finished with there marital duties they can say a mass or two.
blue bird bus

Altona, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Good job....pope, keep up the spirit smear these idiots. This is all they can talk about I know its off topic dear ol abyss I'm just making a example of how dumb topixs have a eternal story. But you idiots side step things that make you actually think go to galva topixs and play the chess game
The Pope

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Next mass I want this configuration on the alter.
Boy Boy...Girl Girl....and so on.
Older priests with their younger boyfriends will walk before me when entering the church.
blue bird bus

Altona, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

You are damn good at this game pope give em hell !!! Iim voting for this new pope ...pope you got tthe job buddy. The former pope quit because his karma ran over his dogma.....be careful some thing bad could happen to you.hey next time you see a blue bus in kewanne honk and ill wave at you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 48 min newpoly 1,901
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
Would you slow your car and allow a person in a... Aug 20 Balth 1
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
Ryan Voice (Apr '13) Aug 19 True friend 6
Child molesters in Bryant. (Dec '10) Aug 16 hey u busy body 6
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 nono 6,593
•••
•••
•••

Canton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Canton News, Events & Info