Fire death at Lake Arrowhead
Ria Coesel

Netherlands

#128 Sep 23, 2009
Lots of questions have been asked and answered on this forum - and yes DD is right, some insight has been offered for consideration. Some questions were not answered....
We need to keep this forum going - please don't let this go away. In DD's case there is no closure (which, by the way is a stupid word) since after 4 years there has been no arrest.
It's the same for me, tomorrow will be the 4th anniversary of the murder of my daughter Anke - her case is 'cold'.
I can't begin to tell you all how horrible that is - I wouldn't want that for the Callahan family and their friends.
Again, I'm asking anybody who has seen or heard something -even if you think that it is not important- to come forward and talk to the investigating parties.
The family needs answers so that maybe they can sort of close this chapter -meaning no more questions about the why and who- and begin the long journey of healing.
I know we all want that for them.
Baffled in Canton

Marietta, GA

#129 Sep 24, 2009
I see all of this talk about tell what they know about the matter.... and it seems so negative in the tone..... so are you also saying if anybody knows that they were in a relationship of ups and downs and arguements that wee heated and that they loved each other... i mean really loved each other than tell that to the investigators as well???...well okay!!!... I'm just sayin'
Baffled in Canton

Marietta, GA

#130 Sep 24, 2009
and wee.. was supposed to be spelled were..... I was typing fast.... lol
Just Me

Powder Springs, GA

#131 Sep 24, 2009
Baffled in Canton wrote:
I see all of this talk about tell what they know about the matter.... and it seems so negative in the tone..... so are you also saying if anybody knows that they were in a relationship of ups and downs and arguements that wee heated and that they loved each other... i mean really loved each other than tell that to the investigators as well???...well okay!!!... I'm just sayin'
Well I am sure the investigators have heard that. That said, people who love their spouse dont abuse them. PERIOD. ever. Im sad for anyone who believes that someone would love them and slap them across the face.:(
Baffled in Canton

Marietta, GA

#132 Sep 25, 2009
i am so venting.... not everyones relationships are PERFECT!...some ppl know to get out once they are grabbed...if you love each other things can be worked out. whether it be a slap, raised voice, disagreement, infidelity, etc...shit happens man.... I sometimes wonder if this would be the same if the roles were reversed.... I am not a fan of David's I'm am a fan of Whitney's.... the speculation on this forum has been...well informative, disgusting and actually heroic in a sense.... I am so ready for the results no matter what they are... I hate that whitney is gone... I hate that bella has to be raised by ppl other than her mother.... I hate that she has to go through all of this...
Hurting For The Family

AOL

#133 Oct 5, 2009
Baffled, I think we ALL feel the same about David, I know I do.
As my 'name' says, I AM hurting for the Callahan family, especially Bella. We are ALL ready for the 'results' and be able to (& I know this sounds stupid) go on with our lives.
I also hate that Whitney is gone & Bella has to be raised without her Mother.
GOD Bless Whitneys Family & Little Bella also.
Baffled in Canton

Marietta, GA

#134 Oct 18, 2009
R.I.P. David Luna..... Sorry I wasnt't able to be there for you.... hopefully you are with your loved ones bro'...
Ria Coesel

Woodstock, GA

#135 Oct 19, 2009
I'm not really surprised to find out that David took his own life. Maybe now the investigation into Whitney's death may come to a close and whatever the investigators found out will become public.
My heart goes out to the Callahan family and relatives.
DD FLYNN

Woodstock, GA

#136 Oct 19, 2009
God please give all families involved strength.
Hurting For The Family

AOL

#137 Oct 19, 2009
This is the first I have heard anout this. When did it happen & all the other questions that go along with it.
Ria Coesel

Woodstock, GA

#138 Oct 19, 2009
DD says it the right way - God please give all families involved strenght - strenght to go on - stength to face whatever comes up.....
We all here on the forum know that the Callahans need it.
From the sidelines

Atlanta, GA

#139 Oct 21, 2009
David was found dead in his bathroom Sunday; alcohol poisoning...

Sorry, I know no other details.
Hurting For The Family

AOL

#140 Oct 23, 2009
Poor little sweet Bella. Now she has lost a Mother & a 'Dad" in less than 5 months.
I just wonder if he meant to do it or didn't realize what he was doing.
His blood alcohol must have been 'over the top'.
What a way to die.
The Callahans

AOL

#141 Oct 23, 2009
This is the first and will be last time we will post on this site. The events of this week have reopened the horror of June 3 and all summer. Isabella DOES NOT know that David died. Her counselor has advised us NOT to tell her. He only called every 2-3 weeks and saw her only twice since he left here Father's Day weekend. Dr. Seigel says to just say, we don't know, try to call the cell and move on. She talked in great detail about David to her this morning. So sad to have, as Clare put it, so many people inundating her with love and she asks about the only one not around. WE thank you all for your passion, love and care thru this whole situation. If we ever questioned the value of friends, we will never again. Let us all put these loved ones to rest and move on. Love your friends and family and know how very much we thank you. Whit and Joy
Hurting For The Family

AOL

#142 Oct 24, 2009
GOD BLESS the Callahans!
Tina

United States

#143 Oct 25, 2009
I worked with David for years in Macon GA an i have never ever ever seen him anger or abusive however it has been 12 years ago I moved away i did like David he was a very likable person great an funny person always had a smile on his face an i have read every post an not one friend has even said if he did hit her an how he done it.I got a phone call today about David passing away an i seen canton on the death record so i was looking to see how he did pass an i found this man i just dont believe any of you are rite i think he was scared an untill you have to stand in the heat an stop to get someone out i dont think we can say to much however i do know that david has always drank and used drugs so that could have been some of the not waking up i am sorry to here about all the other an the lose of his wife an your daughter sister friend an that poor childs mother I do pray for all family's May you all find what you are looking for MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Tina

United States

#144 Oct 25, 2009
Baffled in Canton wrote:
R.I.P. David Luna..... Sorry I wasnt't able to be there for you.... hopefully you are with your loved ones bro'...
i hate i did not know any of this was going on i have not seen david in about 12 years but have always remembered him i liked david alot i worked with him for a long time i wish i could have talked to him i do not believe anything that people are saying i see you have stood for him an thank you for doing so.... i got the phone call today david did love to drink but i am not sure if he was not just hurting alot an he did not want to live cause that is not the dave i knew he was a very likable person in macon ga
any news

Hephzibah, GA

#145 Jan 1, 2010
Was anything ever proven one way or the other?
baffled in canton

Kennesaw, GA

#146 Jan 4, 2010
nothing was proven....but i have missed whit tremendously.... she was one of my best friends....
Kristy

Whitney, TX

#147 Jan 21, 2010
I am one of Whitney and David's neighbors. I did not know either one very well. I have lived in these condos for 11 years. Whitney was beautiful and always smiled as she would drive by our place. The fire spread very quickly we were woken up a 4 am. the nite of the fire. I was devastated to find out that she died in that fire. As for me knowing about any type of abuse I didn't know anything. They kept a low profile. I went with my husband to Red Lobster to see about David. He had not returned due to his broken foot or ankle. My personal belief is that Whitney probably died of smoke inhalation. Smoke can kill you very quickly. I really believe that David believed that she was following him out the window and that he was going to catch her. My family and my church family have been praying for Whitney's family, Isabella and David. I am sick over the whole thing. We haven't heard how the fire started either. If it was arson I think they have to tell us. If you would like to e-mail me you can do so at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 11 hr Joe 557
News Bail scam lands man inside cell (Jul '08) 20 hr Sarah 17
Anyone know Donna who use to live at Hanna ridg... Apr 25 billyjay73 1
Rachel Rose Apr 16 Dee 2
Gay teens in conyers wanna have fun (Aug '14) Apr 14 14ismyage 8
upson county cockfights Apr 13 youearit 1
black fraternities Apr 13 goodoleboy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages