Vacancy rate at Colorado Springs shop...

Vacancy rate at Colorado Springs shopping centers high

There are 2 comments on the Denver Post story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Vacancy rate at Colorado Springs shopping centers high. In it, Denver Post reports that:

But by the end of 2012, the retail vacancy rate at Colorado Springs-area shopping centers had risen to its highest level in nearly 20 years - in large part because of a flood of store closings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

Observer

Calhan, CO

#1 Feb 5, 2013
The extreme amout the property owners want for these spaces are 60% of the cause. Greedy folks wanting to recover their investment in 12 months instead of longer term considerations
Dan

Wichita, KS

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Agreed, if the property owners or the leasing firms that own them didnt want such an extreme ammount of money then it wouldnt be an issue. I think $2400/month plus utility costs for a 1000 sq. ft. hole in the wall is just a TAD(sarcasm) too much, regardless of location. Rural america is making a comeback on this and that is probably where these businesses went. I run a 2500 sq. ft. fish shop in Kansas and only pay 850/month plus utility costs. Not a bad deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canon City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeremy mandrell (Nov '12) May 23 Chappell2169 3
News Mugshot Monday: Most wanted in the Colorado Spr... May 20 Jazzy 3
News Ted Haggard, evangelical pastor brought down by... (Nov '08) May 19 Anthony Scarpuzzi... 4
Beverly Wells and Similar Sadistic Social Worke... May 19 ann baker 2
News Old depot on the plains to be restored to prese... May 16 ELISE 1
CPS in Colorado Springs, CO Abuses Families (Jan '09) May 15 Zina brewer 80
Speed limit on US 50. May 9 Unhappy Traviler 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canon City Mortgages