Great concept
Anon

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Apr 4, 2013
No privacy.
Annymous

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Apr 19, 2013
Do not go here!!!! I would just like to warn potential clients of this facility. Stephen Torres is the general manager only because he cannot legally own a business. He is a CON MAN the entire business is FAKE. He IS NOT LICENSED THROUGH APDT LIKE HE CLAIMS (state license for dog training), nor is he from any college such as UNC(University of Northern Colorado). He has ripped off countless employees as well as clients. His trainers can not teach anything except basic obedience training. Neither the general manager nor the current trainers can train service, allergy or search and rescue dogs. I am a former employee who worked almost 80 hrs a week to gain certifications that are FAKE. If you are a former or current client, remove your dogs immediately as they are under investigation by THE STATE HUMANE SOCIETY. STEPHEN WAS ARRESTED EARLIER THIS WEEK FOR THIS FRAUD. HE HAS BEEN A CON MAN HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND JUST RECENTLY served 16 years of a 36 year sentence. He was SENTENCED FOR THE EXACT SAME THING in Denver where he conned people out of over a million dollars JUST GOOGLE DENVER POST STEPHEN DOUGLAS TORRES. There is a lawsuit in the works for employees and possibly clients. This is ALL public knowledge. Although the employees have tried to keep the dogs safe there; it is hard when supplies are limited and demands are higher than they should be on people. There have been dogs that got hurt and owners were not told.(all avoidable) He will take your money, lie to you and smile while he does it. Do not be a victim!! DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU, YOUR PET OR YOUR FRIENDS.
Some truth

United States

#4 May 8, 2013
I am starting to find that I agree with some of the comments. I have more questions.
Annymous wrote:
Do not go here!!!! I would just like to warn potential clients of this facility. Stephen Torres is the general manager only because he cannot legally own a business. He is a CON MAN the entire business is FAKE. He IS NOT LICENSED THROUGH APDT LIKE HE CLAIMS (state license for dog training), nor is he from any college such as UNC(University of Northern Colorado). He has ripped off countless employees as well as clients. His trainers can not teach anything except basic obedience training. Neither the general manager nor the current trainers can train service, allergy or search and rescue dogs. I am a former employee who worked almost 80 hrs a week to gain certifications that are FAKE. If you are a former or current client, remove your dogs immediately as they are under investigation by THE STATE HUMANE SOCIETY. STEPHEN WAS ARRESTED EARLIER THIS WEEK FOR THIS FRAUD. HE HAS BEEN A CON MAN HIS ENTIRE LIFE AND JUST RECENTLY served 16 years of a 36 year sentence. He was SENTENCED FOR THE EXACT SAME THING in Denver where he conned people out of over a million dollars JUST GOOGLE DENVER POST STEPHEN DOUGLAS TORRES. There is a lawsuit in the works for employees and possibly clients. This is ALL public knowledge. Although the employees have tried to keep the dogs safe there; it is hard when supplies are limited and demands are higher than they should be on people. There have been dogs that got hurt and owners were not told.(all avoidable) He will take your money, lie to you and smile while he does it. Do not be a victim!! DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU, YOUR PET OR YOUR FRIENDS.
victim

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 May 14, 2013
Some truth wrote:
I am starting to find that I agree with some of the comments. I have more questions.
<quoted text>
WOW! Glad he's back in jail, and I hope he stays there
JFYI

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 May 15, 2013
K9 Kingdom Claims that they are certified dog trainers. Well great news they have paid money to be part of and group of people that have paid to call themselves ďCertified Dog TrainersĒ! Why do I say this? Because the Colorado and the U.S. Labor Departments do not regulate animal trainers. What does this mean this means that there is no specific training required by the Labor Department for handling animals http://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-serv... . There are standards of care required by the Department of Agriculture for kennels and Zoos so there may be certain certificates such as marine biology or zoology for certain jobs but not training per say. The thing about animal training is some people can connect with animals where other people it takes years to get.
Here is another good one that I enjoy from K9 Kingdom, they are certified Service and Search and Rescue Dog Trainers. Hereís the kicker there trainer does not get the certification to train for this anyone can train for Search and Rescue or for Service Dogs you are actually encouraged to do so. The dog earns the certification not the Trainer I participated in 4-H with people that trained Service Dogs and my 4-H leader would donate litters every few years for possible Service Dog training because what makes a good service dog is a personality not training. A dog at the Humane Society may be the next great service or search and rescue dog never know. So no they are not any more certified to train search and rescue or service dogs than you are.
I live up the street from K9 Kingdom; I go for walks regularly, drive by because Iím running kids getting groceries, etc. and almost never see any dogs being worked. I do see the people from the Aspen pet resort and Camp Bow Wow out so I know those dogs are getting activity and leash time. The other concerning this is if there is someone with a K9 Kingdom magnet on the road they are driving like a maniac every time I almost want to pull in just to tell them they should turn in their driverís license and stop lying about their credentials. I truly hope they donít cause an accident but Iím just waiting for it to happen.
A good trainer will welcome the owner to be a part of the training process and to come to the training facility. If it is possible that it is a handler issue there may be a separation time and there may be handler classes. A time where you come in and work with an experienced dog and retrain yourself. Animal handling is not always a natural process sometimes we have anxiety. Training should not be a drop off we fix it and if you have problems bring them back it should be thought of as a marriage it a partnership between you and the dog. And if at any time your trainer id blocking you or is rude leave take your dog and leave. Itís your dog your child you should be respected and welcomed to check on your family member.
For people reading this asking why should I listen to this person what do they know about dogs? Well my family has had dogs for as long as I can remember my grandfather raised dogs and hunted. He did field trials and trained dogs for friends. My mother and uncle hunted and competed in field trials my father hunted and competed in field trials. I myself have trained horses and my own dogs. My familiesí personal favorite is the use of hand signals as it is silent and can be used in multiple ways without alerting people or other animals. I was also asked by my 4-H leader and my motherís neighbor to train work and ride their horses in completion. I took a dog from one woman that was going to turn him over to the humane society for being too hard to handle he is now using hand signals and mellow as can be.
Stupidity runs rampant

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 May 15, 2013
You just reviewed a place you've never been in to? Im so glad the internet and reviews are such a gigantic waste of time. You just made sure everyone knows all "dog trainers" are frauds. Will look forward to seeing this on every "dog trainers" review site. Who cares where they really trained, or for what! Kudos
pretty smart

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Jun 10, 2013
We are all as smart as Stephen. It would be more dignified if you went away quietly instead if defending a con artist
Maximus

Woodland Park, CO

#9 Jul 30, 2013
I wish I read this earlier. They got me. I spent thousands of dollars on a special training which never took place. I asked for my money back or at least half of what I paid and they said no. So, now law suit is on the way.
pretty smart

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Aug 12, 2013
Maximus wrote:
I wish I read this earlier. They got me. I spent thousands of dollars on a special training which never took place. I asked for my money back or at least half of what I paid and they said no. So, now law suit is on the way.
I remember Max. I can't believe his ear was damaged like that! I had many of the same issues you did.I also know where you got Max and those dogs are wonderful, strong and condident dogs. My dog also has had many issues after being at K9 kingdom. He is terrified of his kennel. Filthy and horrible teeth.(His teeth were brushed weekly before going) He was basically trained before going to them and has regressed so badly since we got him home. We were also promised the same things you were but nothing was ever even shown to us except for very basic training.
Fortunately most of what we experienced can be corrected. I would also be suing if they had injured my dog.
He did get a mouth infection that our vet did say came from there.
I have notified your breeder to never recommend them to anyone. I hope that others read this and heed the warning.
The owners can deny all they want but that will not change what they have done. You would think that they would want to show their child the right and honest way to conduct themselves.

Since: Mar 13

Colorado Springs, CO

#12 Sep 15, 2014
Thank you everyone, for the info, i am disabled saved a puppy 12 months old need trainer to calm him hes hyper, i love him to much, it would kill me. If anyone can help i can expln more, here is a letter "Koda" my dog wrote..
Good Day,

My name is "Koda" Mommy's name is **Lori ** My Mommy 68 yrs old. Mommy lost everything after her husband passed away, she even lived in her car w/ Mystie-Blu, her doggie who passed away Dec 23 rd 2013 at 17 yrs old,she is not rich,thats why I am begging for help for both of Us.
I am a mixed breed 1 yr old, about 45 lbs, med size. my Mommy is disabled since 1991, Mommy saved my life and adopted me, after she lost her Mystie-Blu last Dec 23 rd
Friends tell my Mommy...i am not the right dog for her because i am hyper, we live alone,Mommy does have Caregiver only few days a week that Workmans Comp pays for. Mommy doesnt/ can't go anywhere, i want to teach her to walk safely,not fall etc. she needs air,friends, people. Mommys Doctor said she never seen such depleted vitamin D in a patient as her.
I want / need to be her Service Dog, anything just to help her / take Mommy for walks sometimes in wheelchair if possible, she stubborn refuses to use wheelchair, BTW i have never ever took Mommy for a Walk, i go for walks w/ caregiver and a friend,
She loves me so much and doesn't want to send me away, I love Mommy so so much I don't / won't ever ever leave her no matter what... Nothing will seperate us at all!
yes I am hyper, I am pretty gentle w/ mommy ( tries training me, too hard now ) but i am strong and forget at times, and yes spoiled to an extent and i am bragging how smart / intelligent I am
plz I need help more than you can imagine, I don't want to hurt mommy w/ my strength. I can explain more when/ if you need, I am a good Doggie have great disposition. Mommy says its *not fair to me i live w/ her* She cries a lot afraid she and I will have to say good- bye ,it would litterly kill her.
Plz I need my Mommy, Mommy needs me, just the two of us, its so hard for her, I want to help her.
Any help and/ or info, suggestions anything at all that will keep us a family.

Woof..Woof.( Than You for listening)
rj hernandez

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Nov 7, 2014
Annymous wrote:
We are also having the same problem with the Gary Family here in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
rj hernandez

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 7, 2014
Annymous wrote:
They have now moved to Las Cruces, New Mexico, prior to Stephan being retuned to jail in Colorado he did a lot of damage in Las Cruces. The Gary family is no better as they have become rip off artist themselves. They have taken hundreds of thousands from the disabled here in Las Cruces.
Forhiskingdom

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Feb 28, 2015
rj hernandez wrote:
<quoted text>
They have now moved to Las Cruces, New Mexico, prior to Stephan being retuned to jail in Colorado he did a lot of damage in Las Cruces. The Gary family is no better as they have become rip off artist themselves. They have taken hundreds of thousands from the disabled here in Las Cruces.
Oh boy, where does one start? All of the negative statements that are posted on this site are TRUE! When I came into contact with Stephen he was doing a stint in Sterling prison selling "his" art to the guards, and inmates alike, and even fooled me to a point, I offered to sell "his" art through our store in Las Cruces NM to help with his family, BAD MISTAKE. He began to write, and call my fiancťe Alyssa on a regular basis, flirt with her through the mail, and shortly after the birth of our son Joah, married him IN Sterling prison, and lied to me about it. Bill Gary, and his wife in order to keep me from my son tried to instigate me to say, or do something wrong to try to use the reason as a way to cover up Alyssa's poor decisions. They claim to be Christians, but at heart are exactly the same as Stephen, don't let that innocent little voice fool you, you are dealing with thieves of the worst variety, the kind that do it under thaw cloak of Christianity, good luck, and STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE
lied to

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Mar 10, 2015
I have also seen first-hand how Stephen is a master of lies and deceit he presented himself to many as a "Senior Master Trainer " but as time went by there were those who began to see through all the "stories" that he told and began to question the truth and looked into his certifications and some of his so called business associations only to find out that he was not certified himself nor was he working with any of the associations that were shown on his own certification. With this knowledge the Gary family continued to assist him in "ripping off" people here in Las Cruces by overcharging for the dogs that are trained. Most of the dogs they obtain are given to them or are owner surrendered but they want to charge a prospective customer hundreds to even thousands of dollars just for the dog then they want to add on the training. Not only is Stephen a con artist but the Gary family is doing their fair share of continuing the legacy
bhavadgita

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Apr 29, 2015
also stephen touched me down there and now i cant look a dog in the eyes ever again
this website is so awesome
Bill Small

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Feb 18, 2016
Annymous wrote:
Bill Gary now lives at 3110 Arrowhead road,las cruces,nm,88011.
jdclar

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Feb 20, 2016
Spend $600 and take your dog to the Prison Trained K-9 Companion program in Canon City. Your dog is gone for 4 weeks of boot camp but comes back trained better than you could do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canon City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to The Springs 14 hr Curious 1
News Don Bendell: Re-elect Sheriff Jim Beicker (Oct '14) Sat Asiracusa 4
police corruption (Jun '11) Jul 22 Asiracusa 10
Girl at UPS on cheyene mtn road Jul 19 Carlos Danger 1
Sammie Denson/Pamela Edwards 1993 Murder (Jun '16) Jul 18 deathtosammy 119
Missing Child May Be In Colorado Springs Area Jul 15 Hope 1
News Residents say wolf-hybrid pack may be loose nea... (Apr '08) Jul 11 WOLFGIRL14 13

Canon City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canon City Mortgages