5 homicides in West San Fernando Vall...

5 homicides in West San Fernando Valley in past 2 weeks

There are 76 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 23, 2008, titled 5 homicides in West San Fernando Valley in past 2 weeks. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

For the last four years, James Shamp was a dedicated worker at Canoga Park Bowl, the kind of employee who came in early to get a head start on his duties, who was loved by all the keglers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned american

Kihei, HI

#2 Dec 23, 2008
I honestrly believe that If we round up all of the illegal immigrants, take over raising their children. Stop granting children of illegals citizenship all these problems will go away. Every time I step out of my house I am harrasses in some form and it is always a ltino. Look aty most of the victims all latino. I bet the cowards who ahot that nice man who I met bowlong there before were latinos. Yea real Machismo killing some one as you drive by in your car, a hard working family man two days before christmas. Thats the latin culture at work for you. You believe people who thrive on didshonesty like stealing and using citizens like my identity.
ANGRYASHELL

San Diego, CA

#3 Dec 23, 2008
James was WONDERFUL.....He worked there much longer then 4 years...get the facts straight,he spent most of his time taking care of others.That league night was very family oriented,always a pleasure to be there.James ' Rest in peace sweetie...WE LOVE YOU
Outraged Citizen

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2008
What a senseless act of rage and violence. I will pray for God to give his family and children grace to go through this, the person responsible should get the death penalty!
Alissa

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 23, 2008
James, words can't describe how great you were. I would have never imagined anything like this to happen to you. You were a great father, a great worker, a great husband, and most of all, you were a great friend. You have no idea how much I'm going to miss you. I appreciate everything you did for me and everyone at Canoga Park Bowl. You were so sweet and generous to the customers and the young children, I still can't believe this is true. Its definitely like a dream. I hope everyone who is reading this, will realize how amazing you were. May you rest in peace and hope to see you again.
Mario

Canyon Country, CA

#6 Dec 23, 2008
This man did not deserve to die and we all pray and hope that his killers are apprehended and given the death penalty. James was so gracious and helpful and to see him murdered is so senseless. God be with his fammily at this difficult time.
Jared Miller

Compton, CA

#7 Dec 23, 2008
:'( That's SOO sad!!!! He was such a good man!!!! I hope to GOD that they catch those bastards!!!!!! RIP James Shamp
Mark

Tustin, CA

#8 Dec 23, 2008
I live in Porter Ranch and it sad to hear what happened, and the SFV does has bad parts but it also many good people.
Linda

AOL

#9 Dec 23, 2008
My family has been going to Canoga Park Bowl for over 45 years. We all knew James well, he was a quiet unassuming man with a heart as big as the world. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone. These monsters that took his life, certainly should not have the opportunity to be taken care of by our legal system for any longer than absolutely necessary. The only justice here, if there really is any, would be the death penalty. My sincere condolences to James' family and closets friends. God bless
Guido

Anaheim, CA

#10 Dec 23, 2008
This is disgusting. It's hard to believe in God when such horrible things happen to the innocent families of such a nice, beloved, harmless, innocent man. There is absolutely no good done from this, and this so close to Christmas makes it even more difficult to swallow. My prayers go to the family who will greatly miss this wonderful man.
wiseup

Brea, CA

#12 Dec 23, 2008
Everything you said linda is right. But Gene has taken away alot of the family atmosphre by creating an enviorment to atract gang element. the police have told Gene being open 24 hrs has been a problem for them but Gene wants money over safety. i started bowling there in 1964 and it all changed with Gene. i bowl at several other bowling alleys that dont have this problem at all because they dont encourage this gang element to hang around.Gene has never cared for his employees. he kept the bowling alley open even after all the leagues decided to leave. which shows no respect for James or the safety of his employees. He also made a comment last night "why does this happen to me" he is nothing more than a cold hearted bastard.

Since: May 08

Porter Ranch

#14 Dec 23, 2008
I live in Porter Ranch too. It's pretty much White and Asian. I'm half White and half Cuban. Anyways I wouldn't be that surprised of something like that happened here. It was only 2 summers ago when a homeless man was stabbed to death in the forest area off Rinaldi.
ken benson

United States

#15 Dec 24, 2008
Where are my elected officials? One homicide is too much. Are you drawing a salary when we do not have enough money to pay for police protection? The administration of this city should be convicted of gross incompetence and neglect.
shut up

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 24, 2008
You have to be the most stupidest person to say it was a Latin person that did this awfully crime. just cause you been punked by maybe one Latino in your life you think all Latinos are the same. till they catch who ever was responsible for this crime. keep your mouth shut on the latino thing. And to think your stupid idea of round rising there kids was great in your mind, well it was not you retard. i got one for you. maybe you should become a Surgeon so you could do your own surgical removals of peoples foot up your anus for saying something like that.
concerned american wrote:
I honestrly believe that If we round up all of the illegal immigrants, take over raising their children. Stop granting children of illegals citizenship all these problems will go away. Every time I step out of my house I am harrasses in some form and it is always a ltino. Look aty most of the victims all latino. I bet the cowards who ahot that nice man who I met bowlong there before were latinos. Yea real Machismo killing some one as you drive by in your car, a hard working family man two days before christmas. Thats the latin culture at work for you. You believe people who thrive on didshonesty like stealing and using citizens like my identity.
shut up

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Dec 24, 2008
wow! that was really good one on the choke on a taco dude! i haven't heard that one since i was in 5th grand.. white trashy princess go back to you trailer park home that you call a castle on wheels tell you dad to turn down the TV well he is watching nascar and make sure you recycle your dads beer cans and get money for can foods and please tell uncle bubba to stop inbreeding with your mom cause that's just not right OK princess. thanks
White Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like our color, GO BACK TO TIJUANA and CHOKE ON A TACO!
Fed Up

Irvine, CA

#19 Dec 24, 2008
Just guess who was doing the shooting; the wonderful immigrants from south of the border who contribute so much to our society.
Locked and loaded

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 24, 2008
The solution is so simple! Go after every single gangbanger (and 90% of them are Mexican) and shoot them or deport them! There has to be at least 100,000 of them just in the SFV! Bring in Blackwater or the Israeli army. Why are we fighting terrorists in Iraq when the terrorists in LA/CA are worse than anyone in the entire world?

And take the cars away from gangbangers. Take their driver's licenses and forbid them to drive a vehicle. Put them under house detention. Don't allow them to roam among our citizens.

How about a 'gangbanger hunting license'??? Legalize the killing of gangbangers...sounds like fun to me!
Scared

Lehi, UT

#21 Dec 24, 2008
observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, it should have happened to you instead.
Guido, You are a pathetic excuse for a human being. How incensitive of you was it to post such a bullcrap posting in regards to the accident that happened in Northdidge? You made up a story to pin the cause of a crash on an Armenian when you knew very well that you were making it all up, and you made a mockery out of it.
I saw the accident, I saw the carnage, and I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can try to capitilize on that incident to satisfy his own disgusting urges to spread hate. What is funny is here you are trying to be an angel.
Like I said, it should have happened to you, with karma it will.
Nice call out observer,I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!
guywholivesonhis R6

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Dec 24, 2008
what the f**K??? this is ridiculous and the police presence should be elevated in the area or something.
hmmm

La Verne, CA

#24 Dec 24, 2008
I'm not racist or anything, I have Mexican Friends and I always frequent Mexican fast foods like Taco llama and the likes, BUT, I'd have to agree that almost ALL crimes committed here in Southern California are from Latinos. I'm sure this is connected to the increasing strength of Mexican druglords just across the border. People here in the USA use lots of drugs, they get more funds, and our side of the border gets more gangbangers who distribute them. For the Latinos here who don't agree, I know, you're just defending your race, but we have nothing against your race, we know that there are a lot of good latinos. But, we are against the BAD PEOPLE from your race, and we are against the government for being too lenient to allow anyone to cross-over the fence, infesting this side of the border with violent gangbangers who traffic drugs across the border. If you don't agree, then just look at the LAPD most wanted and you'll see that almost everyone is Latino. Blacks aren't even 1/4 of their numbers.

I'm not racist, and I agree that America should be a melting-pot of all races. But it should be an equally distributed chance to anyone, including Middle-Easterns, Asians, Europeans, and Africans. The government sets yearly quota for visas for each country. Some manage to get here illegally, but there aren't that many because of distance. Latinos on the other hand, can just ignore that quota and cross the border, and they all want to be legal. Well, that is just not fair to all the other races. It will only result in America NOT being a melting pot of all races, but just being a Latino country.
Shine it on

Mckinney, TX

#25 Dec 24, 2008
Locked and loaded wrote:
The solution is so simple! Go after every single gangbanger (and 90% of them are Mexican) and shoot them or deport them! There has to be at least 100,000 of them just in the SFV! Bring in Blackwater or the Israeli army. Why are we fighting terrorists in Iraq when the terrorists in LA/CA are worse than anyone in the entire world?
And take the cars away from gangbangers. Take their driver's licenses and forbid them to drive a vehicle. Put them under house detention. Don't allow them to roam among our citizens.
How about a 'gangbanger hunting license'??? Legalize the killing of gangbangers...sounds like fun to me!
And give 'em some chrome polish instead of tooth paste for them pearly silvers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canoga Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 3 hr Rene Rio 4,529
Platt branch library Los Angeles is verbally ab... 5 hr deal with it 11
Woodland Hills Home Depot Doing Business on ICE Mar 17 cowboy hat 3
Target Store Rapist, West Hills Homeless (Sep '16) Mar 16 UBer 8
Are there Jews in simi Mar 16 Scott Curtis 1
Are there any Black people in Simi? (Mar '07) Mar 16 Scott Curtis 26
Go Skateboarding Day - BADDBOYFILMS NEWS Mar 14 Go Skate Day 3

Canoga Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canoga Park Mortgages