First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Roady

Portland, OR

#269 Feb 3, 2013
y name is Michelle and I am a famale Agent in Olympia, Washington and I dont understand why it is so hard for people to gather the thought that a female can take your car and be just as tough as a male I dont care who you are if you miss your car payment I will take your car and if I cant find it the first time I will run a skip and find you any ways I have always gotton my cars its my pay check...
Promoting Reposession's, Miss 2 car payments!

Bet I could hide one you'd never find
MAD

Portland, OR

#270 Mar 1, 2013
With congress unable to stop the sequester ...hundreds of thousands will be laid off soon OF COURSE THIS is MORE GOOD NEWS FOR THE REPO AGENTS ....people will be losing their jobs ,homes and cars while the repo agents gleefully haul away their vehicles and laughing all the way to the bank.I hope every agent gets gunned down they ALL deserve it
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#271 Mar 3, 2013
MAD wrote:
With congress unable to stop the sequester ...hundreds of thousands will be laid off soon OF COURSE THIS is MORE GOOD NEWS FOR THE REPO AGENTS ....people will be losing their jobs ,homes and cars while the repo agents gleefully haul away their vehicles and laughing all the way to the bank.I hope every agent gets gunned down they ALL deserve it
Yeah,right! It's not the repo people's fault that people buy something they can't afford. It's not their fault that people stretch themselves out buying everything they want,not need on installments to keep up with a "we've got it image" and have BOTH paychecks spent before they get them with nothing left for savings. Most of us were taught to plan for emergencies and hard times with liquid money for a nest egg. Some never got that message!
hypocrites

Yonkers, NY

#272 Mar 21, 2013
All of you provide some sort of service in you day to day lives. whether you own your own business or are employed. If you showed up for work one day and your boss said that they fell on hard times and could not pay you, would you continue working there and for how long before you got tired of going to work and not being paid? The same if you are a cabinet maker and your customers cannot pay you. Do you let him keep the cabinet for free and say oh well, he's a nice guy who just fell on hard times? All of you complaining about repo men and lenders are are bunch of hypocrites and cry babies. You all change your tune when you are on the receiving end of getting stiffed out of money owed to you and none of you would go on providing services to someone who was not paying you for those services. Pay your bills and stop crying. if you can no longer pay give the car up. You are not entitled to keep a brand new car just because you are falling on hard times. Buy a beater if you have too. You can still pick up a beater for $1,000.00 or less anywhere in the USA.
guero

San Antonio, TX

#273 Mar 29, 2013
Repo man, with slick back hair, wife-beater and jingly-jangly jewelry in his camera truck made the grave mistake of entering my work parking lot today.

He got stopped pretty quickly by the security guard who informed repo man that we do not allow repo man camera trucks to surf our private parking lot for license plates. Repo man stated he was on a recovery mission and had every right to enter the private property even though it is clearly posted No Trespassing, and that furthermore, the lender had given him permission to do so.

Repo man was promptly put in his place and informed that the lender has no jusrisdiction over our company private property. The security guard instructed Repo man to point his truck to the exit road and leave. Repo man decided to try and make one last sweep through the lot on his way out, and refused to go directly to the exit as instructed, instead started off in the opposite direction. The security guard promptly ripped one of the cameras off repo man's truck. Repo man, in a flurry of jingly jangly sounds, flinging off of sunglasses, and obscene threats, jumped back out of his truck and threatened to call the police. The security guard told repo man to go for it.

Cops came, repo man got a WCT (warning for criminal trespassing), repo man's supervisor showed up just in time and got the same WCT.

Moral of this story...

Don't camera surf our private lot, repo man. If you do, leave when directed to do so.
Roady

Portland, OR

#275 Apr 30, 2013
guero wrote:
Repo man, with slick back hair, wife-beater and jingly-jangly jewelry in his camera truck made the grave mistake of entering my work parking lot today.
He got stopped pretty quickly by the security guard who informed repo man that we do not allow repo man camera trucks to surf our private parking lot for license plates. Repo man stated he was on a recovery mission and had every right to enter the private property even though it is clearly posted No Trespassing, and that furthermore, the lender had given him permission to do so.
Repo man was promptly put in his place and informed that the lender has no jusrisdiction over our company private property. The security guard instructed Repo man to point his truck to the exit road and leave. Repo man decided to try and make one last sweep through the lot on his way out, and refused to go directly to the exit as instructed, instead started off in the opposite direction. The security guard promptly ripped one of the cameras off repo man's truck. Repo man, in a flurry of jingly jangly sounds, flinging off of sunglasses, and obscene threats, jumped back out of his truck and threatened to call the police. The security guard told repo man to go for it.
Cops came, repo man got a WCT (warning for criminal trespassing), repo man's supervisor showed up just in time and got the same WCT.
Moral of this story...
Don't camera surf our private lot, repo man. If you do, leave when directed to do so.
Finally someone not afraid to stand up to the repo agents and their scare tactics, someone who knows the law and unafraid to exercise their rights. Many ordinary citizens don't know their rights. People need to get educated if someone is in your yard at 3 am banging relentlessly on your door or skulking around your place with flashlights call the law and have them removed.
It is not the practice of recovery that causes so much spite for the business but the belligerent scare tactics of the agents.

My son in law had a car repoed a few years ago he said 2 very big men came and had big guns in holsters in plain sight.
Brooke

United States

#276 Jul 10, 2013
AzLeo wrote:
There's a couple issues here:
1) When a person owes a lender money for a purchased car, the money borrowed is secured by the car. That's why the lender repo's the car when the borrower defaults on their payments. This all relates to civil law, which is different from criminal law. In Arizona, police won't get involved other then to protect the peace from criminal activity (i.e. trespassing on private property). It is not theft to hide a vehicle from being repossessed, however, there are other laws that make doing so a criminal offense.
2) Repo men can typically remove the vehicle from a private drive way if it's done peacefully. As soon as the homeowner objects, the repo agent is trespassing and can be arrested if they fail to leave the property. They cannot enter locked gates, garages or any residential structure.
This is not necessarily the case in public parking areas (malls, you place of business, etc), although police will generally side with the registered car owner; leaving the repo man empty handed and the lender having to seek court action to recover their loss.
As for protecting property with deadly force, most states would not allow you to shoot someone for stealing your car. It's a property crime, which isn't worth anyone getting killed over.
You need to justify using deadly force with a reasonable fear that your life, or anothers, was in danger of serious injury or death. An example would be someone breaking into your house (no question on their intent), or threatening you with a weapon or dangerous instrument (bat, crowbar, etc).
However, when judged by a jury, who will get more sympathy? The poor homeowner who felt threatened by the guy stealing his property; or the bad repo man who shot the poor homeowner struggling to make a living in difficult financial times?
Those of you, like "Shawn", should keep this in mind, just in case you run into one of us who really know what we're doing; especially when it comes to the law, firearms and self defense.
AZLEO, I would let you repo my car simply because you are a knowledgeable and appear to be an honest man doing his job. I would hand you my keys. Now, the scum bag I had trying to repo my car, not a chance in hell I'm giving up car or keys because for one, he didn't bother asking, two, my Daughter and I were inside my car at the time he tried to hook my wheels. That just pissed me off and let me know there was another hidden GPS on my car. I backed up, he tried to block me in and I managed to get away, go home and remove the GPS. However, if he just would have been decent enough to ask for my keys. He would have gotten them. My question to you is, is it legal for them to go joy riding in my car while it is in their possesion? Because thats ecactly what they did the past two times it was repo'd, because i was 7 days late on my payment. I have pics and dates recorded of my gas and mileage before and after the repo.
ddd

Newport, OR

#277 Aug 22, 2013
HOORAY HOORAY REPO AGENT SHOT AT YESTERDAY....... he got lucky just got his tire shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cannon Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 hr Will he 207
need any kind of job Mon Fittletits 4
Yep, "Obama The Worst President Since WWII!" Sep 28 TN Voter 15
Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
OR Who do you support for Treasurer in Oregon in 2... (Oct '10) Mar '14 whatdoudo 19
N. Oregon Coast Presentation Features Underwate... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Ernst Gallery (Mar '09) Dec '13 Pat 171

Cannon Beach Jobs

Cannon Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cannon Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cannon Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]