In the US today, is hard work the pat...

In the US today, is hard work the path to wealth?

Created by Curious on Mar 15, 2013

20 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Not certain

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Covington, LA

#1 Mar 15, 2013
It changed when the investment income tax rate was lowered below the earned income tax rate. Employers now focus on Profits and not paying a living wage with benefits.

Data indicates that over the last 30 years, productivity has gone way up, but not pay.

Why do you think there is an illegal immigrant issue in the US today?
Curious

Covington, LA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
Use to be, people took a second job to save for the future, a special vacation, a nice house/car. Now, it is needed for very basic living needs.

How can you get ahead if your pay does not go up, but your basic needs do?

Today, the best way to take control of people, is to control the MONEY! Control of everything else comes right after. Hitler had it so very wrong when he took the weapons first. He was DEAD wrong!
CPAC

Covington, LA

#3 Mar 15, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/cpac...

CPAC Live: Watch Video From 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference

Talks about a good education being the single most important thing the US is missing; then why is a GOOD education so damn expensive? Why are they screwing with Public Ed (vouchers) instead of fixing it? Why isn' more money going to healthcare and education?

Donald Trump said the USA does NOT have a great economy; but CHINA DOES. See where his thinking is?

These are the people you should be afraid of; unless you want to be treated by the 99% people of China.

You need to listen to what the head of the NRA has to say about teachers and weapons. This is scary. Is a police state really where we are headed?
Black Regression

Kinder, LA

#4 Mar 15, 2013
If you are white, it's the only way.
Guns in Schools

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2013
If you allow teachers to have weapons in schools, out of control kids will be killed. Teachers will protect themselves with guns.

Maybe if Seth Fontenot didn't have a gun, he would have used his cell phone to take a picture of the truck going slow "in the street" and then call the cops. He would NOT be in trouble today and NO one killed.

Guns are NOT always the right answer.
White Guys In Jail

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Black Regression wrote:
If you are white, it's the only way.
How do you explain all those white rich guys in jail?
CPAC

United States

#7 Mar 17, 2013
http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/MENU/Published/sn...

SNAP participation by state

Why would Congress support higher subsidies to farmers for yields that create unhealthy foods (processed) rather than for healthy fruits and veggies?

Wouldn't we save on medical costs and SNAP if people could afford to feed their families healthy foods? Shouldn't we at least try it? The other way is certainly NOT working.

Why isn't Congress working to benefit the 99%?

Why didn't the Repubs take CPAC as an opportunity to come up with solutions to help people rather than just complaining and insulting people (like mean teens)?
Black Regression

Kinder, LA

#8 Mar 17, 2013
White Guys In Jail wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain all those white rich guys in jail?
How do you explain the millions of blacks in jail? BTW, don't forget, those rich white guys have always paid the way for the blacks in this country! Just imagine if blacks had to work the way whites do. Yet all you do is whine and cry racism.
CPAC

United States

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Black Regression wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain the millions of blacks in jail? BTW, don't forget, those rich white guys have always paid the way for the blacks in this country! Just imagine if blacks had to work the way whites do. Yet all you do is whine and cry racism.
So, you are in FAVOR of "WHITE CRIME" get filthy rich and get away with it (not go to jail).

We live in an unfair society. White people with alot of money rarely go to jail; so they messed up pretty bad when you see white men in jail.

You see more blacks (or poor people for that matter) in jail because they cannot afford to buy their way out of it.

It is NOT about racism, but about money. You sound more racist.
CPAC

United States

#10 Mar 17, 2013
By the way, I find it amusing how one person is putting up three judgments.

You are so silly!
RollingStone

United States

#11 Mar 17, 2013
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the...

The GOP's Real Agenda

Very interesting article.
RollingStone

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2013
n the Tea Party narrative, president Obama is a reckless socialist spending America into oblivion. In reality, the president has governed like an old-school Republican. Despite having taken heroic measures to rescue the economy in 2009, Obama has presided over the slowest expansion of federal spending since Eisenhower and repeatedly offered to help Republicans slash the social safety net as part of a "grand bargain" that would restore the nation to fiscal balance.

Thanks to a rebounding tax base and the nearly $1 trillion in budget cuts that both parties agreed to in the first phase of the debt-ceiling deal, the deficit, entering 2013, was shrinking at a faster clip than at any time since the peace dividend after WWII. Federal outlays on both guns and butter were on a path to hit postwar lows as a percentage of gross domestic product by the end of Obama's second term.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the...
Follow us:@rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Black Regression

Kinder, LA

#13 Mar 17, 2013
CPAC wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are in FAVOR of "WHITE CRIME" get filthy rich and get away with it (not go to jail).
We live in an unfair society. White people with alot of money rarely go to jail; so they messed up pretty bad when you see white men in jail.
You see more blacks (or poor people for that matter) in jail because they cannot afford to buy their way out of it.
It is NOT about racism, but about money. You sound more racist.
I did not say that at all. I was asked an entirely different question and replied to it. You are correct, we do live in an unfair society. White people work hard to have their money robbed from them by the government to feed lazy races, non-developed countries, places whose inhabitants refuse to take any responsibilities for themselves. These politicians steal this money for themselves, and live like kings and queens in castles. Do you thinks the black ones don't do this as well? So You are for black crime, blacks shooting guns in black neighborhoods killing innocent babies, blacks killing black children in Chicago
for the fun of it, and we will not even talk about what blacks do to each other in Harlem. Do you care about how many whites are slaughtered by blacks each yr. and it never aapears in the media?

You sound like a white hater to me. Check yourself. The question asked was do I still believe in hard work. I stand by my answer.
BTW: Does OJ Simpson and the Dream Team mean anything to you, Hatred filled soul?
CPAC

United States

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Black Regression wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that at all. I was asked an entirely different question and replied to it. You are correct, we do live in an unfair society. White people work hard to have their money robbed from them by the government to feed lazy races, non-developed countries, places whose inhabitants refuse to take any responsibilities for themselves. These politicians steal this money for themselves, and live like kings and queens in castles. Do you thinks the black ones don't do this as well? So You are for black crime, blacks shooting guns in black neighborhoods killing innocent babies, blacks killing black children in Chicago
for the fun of it, and we will not even talk about what blacks do to each other in Harlem. Do you care about how many whites are slaughtered by blacks each yr. and it never aapears in the media?
You sound like a white hater to me. Check yourself. The question asked was do I still believe in hard work. I stand by my answer.
BTW: Does OJ Simpson and the Dream Team mean anything to you, Hatred filled soul?
You have convinced me that you are indeed racist.

You saw the % of blacks, whites, Hispanics and Asian on welfare and the % of Blacks was just a little higher than whites. We are looking at the bottom line total cost, not baseball stats.

I am against all crime.

Regarding OJ, a man came forward about a year ago and said he committed the murders. He had told several people over the years. At this point, neither of us know the truth.

Far from being a "hatred filled soul". My compassion runeth over!
Past 30 Years

United States

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Data has shown that in the past 30 years, wealth has come from investing (not hard work). I am not speaking to "good living", but rather millions in the bank (NOT circulating in the economy).

This wealth has come from not paying employees a fair wage with benefits (China and the US) and from paying a small income tax rate. This is what is crippling Medicare and SS today because payroll taxes are NOT collected on UNEARNED income. This is what throws the original formula off; not only that people are living longer.

When Congress voted in SS and Medicare, investment income was at a higher tax rate so it motivated companies to pay employees; Middle Class thrived and the working poor were holding their own. After the investment tax was lowed in the 80's, GREED took over.

The fix would be MORE GOOD JOBS with BENEFITS!
TJB

Basile, LA

#16 Mar 18, 2013
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.

Proverbs 6:16-19

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Past 30 Years

United States

#17 Mar 18, 2013
Past 30 Years wrote:
Data has shown that in the past 30 years, wealth has come from investing (not hard work). I am not speaking to "good living", but rather millions in the bank (NOT circulating in the economy).
This wealth has come from not paying employees a fair wage with benefits (China and the US) and from paying a small income tax rate. This is what is crippling Medicare and SS today because payroll taxes are NOT collected on UNEARNED income. This is what throws the original formula off; not only that people are living longer.
When Congress voted in SS and Medicare, investment income was at a higher tax rate so it motivated companies to pay employees; Middle Class thrived and the working poor were holding their own. After the investment tax was lowed in the 80's, GREED took over.
The fix would be MORE GOOD JOBS with BENEFITS!
To prove my point "the margin between rich and poor was smaller"! Money was circulating!
Libtard

Jena, LA

#18 Mar 18, 2013
TJB wrote:
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Bravo!!!
Past 30 Years

United States

#19 Mar 18, 2013
TJB wrote:
Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets; therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
If you are referring to Ronald Reagan and the destructive path he took the US on over 30 years ago, I AGREE 100%.

Again, worker productivity is at an all time high, but wages have NOT kept up. Basically, you can work your @$$ off, but you will get the same pay. Raises go to the ever increasing health insurance premiums. If you want to be really rich, you have to invest in companies that DON'T pay living wages w/benefits and pay much lower rate of tax on unearned money. This is a crazy cycle!

We need to get off of it. Good jobs w/benefits and circulate not hide money in foreign banks!!!
Black Regression

Kinder, LA

#20 Mar 18, 2013
CPAC wrote:
<quoted text>
You have convinced me that you are indeed racist.
You saw the % of blacks, whites, Hispanics and Asian on welfare and the % of Blacks was just a little higher than whites. We are looking at the bottom line total cost, not baseball stats.
I am against all crime.
Regarding OJ, a man came forward about a year ago and said he committed the murders. He had told several people over the years. At this point, neither of us know the truth.
Far from being a "hatred filled soul". My compassion runeth over!
Dream on. Who do you think pays for welfare? Blacks, Mexicans, and Asians? Bottom line: no white man taxes, no freebies for the lazy! Whites have always paid the bills for the entire USA, not to mention all of the foreign aid, mostly to the AIDS ridden Africa! You have all the freedom in the world to look up the facts, but you call them racist too, don't you! I bet you call God racist for making you black! There is no racism like black racism, no hatred like black hatred. Black is racist, and racist is black. OJ Simpson loves white vaginas! Do you love white people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cankton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duson officer injured; driver and vehicle sought Aug 17 Joes Smith Public 1
Joshua Lavergne Aug 14 ticklemeelmo 1
What's UP Doc? Aug 7 Somethingsup 3
John Pomier Aug 5 Speak the truth 3
Church Point Booster Club Auction (Sep '16) Aug 1 Booster Club Member 35
Stealing your queen Jul 30 Watching 5
Twins Brandi & Mandi (Jun '12) Jul 24 Poor poor doni 3

Cankton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cankton Mortgages