Radio Forecast Network

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#61 Jul 1, 2012
Happy 4th of July! Hey Jim or anyone else, have there been any new developments with Larry and RFN? He removed $6902 barter dollars posted to my account from HIS barter site. PLUS, he is refusing to give me the $9600 in trade dollars he still owes me dating back to 2010!
I plan to send an email to my attorney asking her to take legal action against Larry, a worthless excuse for a human being.

Since: Jul 12

Scottsdale, AZ

#62 Jul 2, 2012
Larry, through my attorney, has until the end of August to pay in full or face a lawsuit.

Interestingly, when I tried to settle this with Larry via telephone, he continually told me to "sue me, I have lawyers on barter and you'll spend a lot of money." I sure hope his "barter" lawyers didn't get their J-Ds from his barter site.

Getting money owed to me would be a victory in this. But, overall, this is about principle--I contracted to perform work for this company and now they owe me what was agreed to.

And, by the way, Happy Fourth of July!
jgmvwx

Medford, MA

#63 Jul 3, 2012
Thanks for the update, Arizona! I plan to sit with my lawyer and take similar action myself. We have all given him enough rope. It's time to abdicate or defecate.
Happy Independence Day!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#64 Jul 4, 2012
I'm beginning legal action this week. It's apparently the only way to get through to Larry. He's had long enough to make things right. Doesn't he realize that if he had only acted mature and communicated he wouldn't have so many who dislike him?(that's a retorical question)
Tired of it

Canton, GA

#65 Aug 12, 2012
I have just about completed my package for the IRS.
I believe Larry has unreported income and I know he is not providing announcers with 1099s. I am a former IRS agent so I have completed the forms correctly. They can do a T test to find unreported income.
Determined
Tired of it

Canton, GA

#66 Aug 12, 2012
The IRS will not be afraid of Larry's bartered for lawyers.
Mark

Grand Island, NE

#67 Nov 14, 2012
I just found this thread- wish I would have found it years ago. Larry owes me several thousand dollars as well. I finally quit years ago when I realized all the promises were false, and figured out a pattern. I gave him a lot of latitude, but finally gave up. I'm interested in all the other action going on, let me know how I can help/join.

Location hidden

#68 Nov 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum, Mark. I haven't had much success with nailing Larry, YET. Does anyone else have an update they'd like to share?
Another Former RFN Anncr

Tucson, AZ

#69 Dec 13, 2012
This is the letter I sent to the Weatherbug people concerning Larry Usner.

I am writing to you today to inform you of a problem concerning a company with which you partner, The company is Radio Forecast Network based out of Louisiana; RFN uses the Weatherbug service as part of its package to market its services to radio stations in the United States. In fact, on their website, the company claims it is powered by Weatherbug.

I am an announcer who was contracted to provide weather forecasts for RFN Media. Larry Usner, the owner of RFN Media, abruptly stopped paying me for contracted services. He claimed he didn't have the money to fulfill the contract. After repeated attempts to collect money owed to me, he has refused to answer telephone calls. He has also refused to comply with my attorney's request to pay the debt owed.

I realize your company may not have any leverage in this matter. However, the Weatherbug name is attached to his enterprise. I will be filing a lawsuit in Arizona against RFN Media to attempt to recover that which is owed to me. I know of at least a dozen other former announcers Mr.Usner has defrauded in this manner. In fact, there is a website devoted to Mr. Usner's refusal to pay for contracted services.

I assure you I am not pursuing legal action against your company. However, the fact that your company is associated with Mr. Usner's company, RFN Media, could be viewed by the public as being involved in the fraud perpetuated by Mr. Usner using your company name.

I am not blaming your company in this matter. I merely wish to inform you of the potential public relations issue.

Thank you for the time considering this information.
Art Steinberg

Essex Junction, VT

#71 Jan 15, 2013
They promised money. They lied. They didn't pay. When I confronted Usner about possible legal action, he threatened legal action against me. He's got balls. But unfortunately, no integrity whatsoever.
Georgia

Canton, GA

#73 Feb 14, 2013
The IRS can get anybody....

I hope they shut him down.
Georgia

Canton, GA

#74 Feb 14, 2013
Telling the truth

Canton, GA

#75 Feb 14, 2013
Larry, is a worthless excuse for a human being.
Time to act

Switzerland

#76 Apr 11, 2013
I did some research and anyone owed over $10,000 can file against RFN in federal court
Another Former RFN Anncr

Tucson, AZ

#77 Apr 12, 2013
... And, you can also file a claim thru your state's attorney general. I filed my complaint. The AZ AG Office told me it would be similar to a consumer fraud claim.

Location hidden

#78 May 21, 2013
Does anyone have any news to report? I see the scum bag is still in business. Unbelievable that he's managed to stay around.

Since: May 13

Marion, IL

#79 Dec 2, 2013
I am owed upwards of $6,000. What, if anything, have any of you done that is successful in getting any payment?

Thanks!
Another Former RFN Anncr

Tucson, AZ

#80 Dec 2, 2013
Try working thru your state attorney general's office regarding consumer fraud. Chances are very good, though, that Larry will ignore the letter.

I've also been in touch with a local attorney who has written him. But, no response thus far.

It would seem to me that all of us should get together and look at a class action against him. My guess is he owes us a combined figure that's in the tens of thousands of dollars--perhaps more. Yes, there would be a cut for the lawyer handling the case. I honestly believe he has committed fraud and maybe the federal authorities should get involved. But, we would all still need to pool our information to make the case.

Since: May 13

Marion, IL

#81 Dec 3, 2013
I am all for joining together for action. Please tell me what my and our next step should be.
Fed up

Dallas, TX

#82 Jan 14, 2014
What jurisdiction would I sue in? My home state? Or Louisiana?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cankton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good daycares in church point? Fri hmmmm 3
About the State Department's E-mails Fri Emails 1
Where are the good jobs? Aug 26 Jobs 1
Hispancis in Acadia Parish... (Oct '07) Aug 24 White and lucky 3
psychic? (Mar '09) Aug 14 Kbdupuis 32
cp police (Oct '13) Aug 14 ALM 32
Great Wall / El Torro (Dec '14) Aug 13 not sure 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cankton Mortgages