Radio Forecast Network

Since: Jun 11

Port Matilda, pa

#21 Jun 5, 2011
I want to be clear I want this to work and I believe the concept can work. For God knows what reason Larry, to date, has been unable to make it work and after 7 years I have very serious questions and doubts that he ever can. BUT we do continue to grow and hopefully WeatherBug, The Weather Channel or someone will buy us out. But ass pissed off as I am and as disrespected as I feel I do not, in anyway want to see Larry Usner and RFN go down in flames. That serves no purpose whatsoever to anyone.

Port Matilda, pa

#22 Jun 6, 2011
And a glimmer of hope

Location hidden

#23 Jun 7, 2011
What do you mean by a glimmer of hope?

Port Matilda, pa

#24 Jun 7, 2011
Check your email

Port Matilda, pa

#25 Jun 9, 2011
Well one of the more promising emails was sent out. After 6 years of hearing the same thing over and over; only results are going to convince me anything is different this time. However with talk of approaching 500 stations, the sheer volume makes it seem impossible we don't start seeing money.

Location hidden

#26 Jun 9, 2011
I've heard from a number of current and mostly former RFN announcers over the last few days. Each with their own horror story to share. It's amazing RFN is still in business. Oh and I've heard from a few affiliates that I've contacted by email that tell me they aren't affiliates anymore and haven't been in a while. It seems the website needs updating with the correct number of ACTUAL affiliates.
Doc

Detroit, MI

#27 Jun 13, 2011
Interesting----as I was just contacted by them as I do broadcast weather forecasts for several stations. After doing some research, I think I will pass. Bartering for useless items is, well useless. Don't need the hassle. Has anyone had a positive experience?

Location hidden

#28 Jun 13, 2011
Doc- you're wise, very wise, to steer clear of RFN. I've spoken to numerous former announcers. None of whom have a positive word about their experience. There's a move to form another network. If interested, message me.
Doc wrote:
Interesting----as I was just contacted by them as I do broadcast weather forecasts for several stations. After doing some research, I think I will pass. Bartering for useless items is, well useless. Don't need the hassle. Has anyone had a positive experience?

Since: Sep 11

Yakima, WA

#29 Sep 20, 2011
if anyone has information about other weather forecast networks that utilize voice talent please fire info to: carcrashman@hotmail.com
I too am a RFN announcer who is owed considerable funds.
Former RFN Announcer

Springfield, OR

#30 Oct 17, 2011
I like Jimrin's note of not hanging Larry from the highest pole, even though we're all pissed and would like a quicker resolution to this than what we've received to date. We've worked a ton of hours/years for the man and want to be paid like anyone else who performs a service. Yes, we all got the proverbial carrot on a stick in the form of a few checks every three or four months or so. While I don't think it'll happen tomorrow, it will be a fine day indeed when my checking account suddenly grows by a few thousand unexpected dollars. I didn't want to leave RFN, but the lack of regular payments forced my hand.
another former announcer

Yakima, WA

#31 Oct 18, 2011
hang on to that pipe dream about getting your money. It appears from previous posts that Larry has NEVER fully caught anyone up financially. But I believe he is making money, how else could he stay in business? And Rod continues to play "dumb", refusing to address any financial issues. You don't do the work of 5-6-8 people without being compensated somehow. I have already contacted the LA Attorney General's office, and am looking into how to sue him in small claims court. I have, for sanity reasons, written this off as a life lesson. But am going to still continue the fight as best I can.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#32 Oct 18, 2011
Has Rod been sending out those maddeningly cryptic "Good News is coming!" e-mails we all used to get? I haven't heard a peep out of him since I left. My last e-mail from Larry in September said "Nothing has changed. I can't predict when money comes." I am not an economics major, but money HAS to be coming in at least for overhead (cell phones, server bill, etc.). I definitely saw new stations coming on board, but whether they've stayed with the company is something I can't answer. You know he has to be getting something for doing all that work. Let me know what you hear, if anything, regarding recouping lost wages or filing a lawsuit. Legal action may be the only way, but chances are you wouldn't get 100% back of what you're owed.
Lisa

Westbury, NY

#33 Nov 7, 2011
RUNDONTWALK wrote:
Avoid this group at all costs.
These posts are true. I am considering legal action myself
Please contact me here to discuss this matter.

Lisa@MyVoiceOverService.com

Thank you.
Lisa

Westbury, NY

#34 Nov 7, 2011
Please contact me here: Lisa@MyVoiceOverService.com

I do not see your address.

Thank you.
Lisa

Westbury, NY

#35 Nov 7, 2011
Please contact me directly at Lisa@MyVoiceOverService.com

Thank you.
John m

Baltimore, MD

#36 Dec 23, 2011
To everyone here..there needs to be concerted effort at legal action. there has been discussion of finding an attorney willing to take case, sue larry, then take a portion of the settlement. unless someone is rich, that is the only action. Larry has ignored TWO complains filed with the LA Attorney General. unfortunately, they cannot do anything with him. It HAS to be legal action to
force him to pay, or put him in recievership, sell off his company and use that money to pay us. It happens in radio, why not here?
John m

Baltimore, MD

#37 Dec 23, 2011
It has to be everyone here as a group collectively suing Larry. if it destroys his company, so be it.
he owes us money. what goes around comes around. legal action, people. I have seen many a radio station go into receivership, get sold off to pay debt. it happens. anybody got a better idea?
find an attorney who is willing to take it up front, and take part of judgement as payment. I don't care who sees it, he (Larry) owes me 2936.00
Kevin

Gaithersburg, MD

#38 Dec 23, 2011
Let me add to what the previous user posted. Larry has consistently ignored calls and emails regarding the issue. I've worked for radio stations that have had financial troubles but the owners have always been stand-up people and have done right by their employees. Larry hasn't even, at least in my case, had the decency to communicate. Just a lot of empty promises relayed through Rod. For a network that claims to have hundreds of affiliates, Larry always seems to be broke. Really, Larry? Legal action, either through the courts or via a state agency like the LA Labor Board is forthcoming. If you've been done wrong by RFN and haven't given up hope, add your name to this forum and leave a contact email.
Another Former RFN Anncr

Tucson, AZ

#39 Mar 7, 2012
I think the last time I received a payment for services rendered on time was the first month I was moved from barter forecasts to paid forecasts. I even stopped abruptly providing forecasts to force the hand to pay. I got a call from Larry explaining the problem. Hey, we've got businesses to run as well. As another poster wrote, "man up Larry" and do the right thing. I'm turning my account over to my collections agency. Maybe that will wear him down and at least I'll see my 1099 so I can file taxes!
Larry in Georgia

Elizabethtown, KY

#40 Mar 12, 2012
I actually believed them...How stupid!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cankton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral Home Activity Wed Flash_62 3
Best psychic in duson (Aug '11) Apr 11 Treed73 29
drug bust????? (Nov '08) Mar 22 Palmer 24
Looking to get a pond dug on my property (Aug '09) Mar '18 hmmmm 30
who will be the next police Chief Mar '18 T Man 4
Best boiled crawfish Feb '18 Crawfish lover 1
Mardi Gras Feb '18 Wondering 1

Cankton Jobs

Personal Finance

Cankton Mortgages