First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just me

United States

#1 Dec 2, 2010
IF their is anyone on here who uses Dr. Felton for your Dr. I want to know if you ever get to see him, I have been going for years and for the last several years he is never there and has a nurse playing Dr. Many times they say he is there and he is not and if he is then why cant he see his patients , I dont think this is legal to have a nurse run a dr. Office and prescribe medicine
Seek

Gainesville, TX

#2 Dec 2, 2010
Same thing with Hargroder.The best thing to do is find a doctors office where you actually get to see the doctor.If everyone does this then perhaps these doctors will get the message.
great Dr

Pollock, LA

#3 Dec 2, 2010
everytime I go I see him. I admit he is in and out alot but the one nurse that sees people and writes the prescriptions is a PA is is very close to being a Dr and he has one more that is fixing to become a PA so they are just as compitant if not more than some of the other Doctors in the area. I would trust them before some of the other doctors out there. At least Felton is there and has tought them so things. He is the best around!
Seek

Gainesville, TX

#4 Dec 2, 2010
great Dr wrote:
everytime I go I see him. I admit he is in and out alot but the one nurse that sees people and writes the prescriptions is a PA is is very close to being a Dr and he has one more that is fixing to become a PA so they are just as compitant if not more than some of the other Doctors in the area. I would trust them before some of the other doctors out there. At least Felton is there and has tought them so things. He is the best around!
You do what you like but i am paying for a Dr.,not PA.If you see a PA,there should be a reduction in the price of the office visit.
great Dr

Pollock, LA

#5 Dec 3, 2010
If you knew what you was paying for you would know there is a price diffrence. There is a nurses fee and a dr's fee two totally diffrent charges. Try getting your facts straight next time.
Seek

Gainesville, TX

#6 Dec 4, 2010
I usually pay a flat fee due to my insurance so i dont know what they are charging my insurance company.In light of all this,i would prefer to see a doctor rather than a nurse.I hear that there is a great doctor in sunset that actually sees his patients.I hope everyone finds a good doctor then they will not have to worry about being diagnosed by someone without a PHD..
beauty b held in all eyez

United States

#7 Dec 4, 2010
Oh god I don't have a degree at all and I can tell you what is wrong wit you.... You're an idiot. You do not have to have a ph.d. Do be a dr. You have to be an m.d. Medical doctor. A ph. D. Is a doctor of philosophy. You can have a ph. D. In a lot of things that have nothing to do with medicine. Do you have a ph.d. In knowing when to shut the hell up? Apparently not.
Seek

Gainesville, TX

#8 Dec 4, 2010
Some doctors do indeed have phds.If you actually read my post i did not say that a doctor had to have a phd.To be a doctor you need a m.d.,phd is optional in specific fields of study.
good dr

Pollock, LA

#9 Dec 9, 2010
Seek wrote:
I usually pay a flat fee due to my insurance so i dont know what they are charging my insurance company.In light of all this,i would prefer to see a doctor rather than a nurse.I hear that there is a great doctor in sunset that actually sees his patients.I hope everyone finds a good doctor then they will not have to worry about being diagnosed by someone without a PHD..
See exactly you dont even know you just rambling on and on about things with out even getting your facts straight. Why dont you just shut up about it and go and get you another Dr instead of trying to downgrade a good thing! This is whts wrong with CP everyone gotta put their spin and two cents in on shit that they dont need to they should just do their business, mind their own business and go on thier happy way and not worry about what the next one is doing or not doing!
truth be told

Covington, LA

#10 Jan 2, 2011
beauty b held in all eyez wrote:
Oh god I don't have a degree at all and I can tell you what is wrong wit you.... You're an idiot. You do not have to have a ph.d. Do be a dr. You have to be an m.d. Medical doctor. A ph. D. Is a doctor of philosophy. You can have a ph. D. In a lot of things that have nothing to do with medicine. Do you have a ph.d. In knowing when to shut the hell up? Apparently not.
then why didn't dr felton get a pa degree instead of a md degree if you can run a dr's office with a pa degree.
i call for an appt, i am told he will be there and i get tere and sandy is there, and if that does not anger me, i want to scream out loud like an animal, and the best part is the offive charges what mike felton would charge and i pay the same deductible before i see the dr, so i will have to see sandy when i get in the back. my check is already made. i once told christie i wanted to cancel and she said i cannot give you your ck back, i will credit it to your acct for the next time you come back. i had to stay b/c she had already run the ck thur the ck machine in the office. i cancel going to mike felton b/c of having sandy and gwen work as drs, when they are only dr. assistance not dr's for office visits.
cajunfreak

Sunset, LA

#11 Jan 3, 2011
just me wrote:
IF their is anyone on here who uses Dr. Felton for your Dr. I want to know if you ever get to see him, I have been going for years and for the last several years he is never there and has a nurse playing Dr. Many times they say he is there and he is not and if he is then why cant he see his patients , I dont think this is legal to have a nurse run a dr. Office and prescribe medicine
you are so right i found another dr and i like felton he is nice and always would talk with you but all dr start that way then when they make it and have money they dont give a shit any more maybe we be the same if we had money think about it
truth be told

Covington, LA

#12 Jan 3, 2011
cajunfreak wrote:
<quoted text>you are so right i found another dr and i like felton he is nice and always would talk with you but all dr start that way then when they make it and have money they dont give a shit any more maybe we be the same if we had money think about it
we found another in opelousas, and no they are not like that. he was there when we needed emrg and sent to icu for 4 days and has taken us every single time we call. once when this dr. was ill himself his assist a medical dr. himself took my spouse in for a sinus infection, but i can promise you it was not a pa wh saw us. a pa is exactly whatit is an assistant to a doctor.
would a nurse assistant do the duities of a lpn or an rn. i beleive not so how can a pa diagnose illness, then a dr should not waste his money and long study hrs when he can become a pa for special drs.
this is really a CROCK OF SHIT AND HI-WAY ROBBERY FOR WHAT EVER THRY CAN STEAL FROM THE WELFARE ! AND THE PUBLIC, BUT I BET THEY DO NOT FOOL ME, B/C WHEN I GO I ASK FOR MY DR OR NO DEAL AT ALL I GO TO THE ER WHERE THEY HAVE DRS, AND NOT PA'S./ I MEAN 1/2 CRACKS
Perspective

Broussard, LA

#13 Jan 13, 2011
Dr. Felton is an excellent doctor and he has treated my mom and dad who are now deceased. He treats us like family. Yes he is a very busy man and getting more and more education so that is why he is out. I can understand your frustration with the Nurse Practioner situation, but sometimes that is how it needs to be handled. I get frustrated also but I do not like to critize anyone who has been so wonderful to my family. Be blessed.
Pops

Covington, LA

#14 Jan 13, 2011
Perspective wrote:
Dr. Felton is an excellent doctor and he has treated my mom and dad who are now deceased. He treats us like family. Yes he is a very busy man and getting more and more education so that is why he is out. I can understand your frustration with the Nurse Practioner situation, but sometimes that is how it needs to be handled. I get frustrated also but I do not like to critize anyone who has been so wonderful to my family. Be blessed.
Dr. Felton is an excellent Doctor with a wonderful bed side manner, when you can see him that is.....he may have too many fires going on now...
Paula fournier

Toledo, OH

#15 Sep 11, 2011
You will "NEVER" find a better Doctor!!!!!!!
WWJD

Jena, LA

#16 Sep 25, 2011
I absolutely love Dr. Felton for his kindness and his knowledge but I pay to see HIM not that crazy wanna be Sandy who by the way does not have the knowledge to be in his shoes. That is a danger to the patients. She prescribed my husband med's and he is allergic to PCN and she prescribed him med's that had PCN in them.... thank God he always questions his prescriptions with the pharmacist or she may have killed my husband. So I am looking for another doctor b/c he has other projects going on and I rarely see him any more....
cajunfreak

Breaux Bridge, LA

#17 Oct 1, 2011
beauty b held in all eyez wrote:
lol
OMG

Jennings, LA

#18 Oct 3, 2011
I was going to Dr. Felton's office also well in a year I saw him 1 time..it's always sandy and I didnt like her all she did was say lose weight..ok so I did almost 100 lbs. Well tht wasnt enough for untill one day I told her to looking in the mirror an do the same as me and waked out and never went back.
RealityCheck

Ville Platte, LA

#19 Oct 3, 2011
The Medical Team is there to advise you on good health; not be your best friend (the one who never tells you negative things so you don't get mad at them).

Good bedside manners go a long way. If you are going to the medical office, you don't feel well to begin with. Kind words are kinda like an apple a day - makes you feel better inside.

When the Medical Team gives you advice, don't take it personally; its their job. Once you lost the weight, you probably felt better (and looked better - which made you feel better about yourself). Did you meet the original goal? Don't get mad at the messenger.
you inspire me

United States

#20 Oct 3, 2011
I wana know how you went about losing a hundred pounds. I try like hell and can't lose 30. Please tell me how you did that! That is a huge accomplishment!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cankton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jasmin paul Fri justasking 4
Leon Thibodeaux (Jan '18) Jul 19 justlilme 7
Jackie Arnaud (Jan '18) Jul 17 Anonymous 2
dale thibodeaux (Oct '17) Jul 16 Poo-Yie 9
who will be the next police Chief (Dec '17) Jul 15 Big John 10
Dale Thibodeaux (Feb '10) Jul 14 Renee 42
Mayor Jul 13 Hunc 4

Cankton Jobs

Personal Finance

Cankton Mortgages