Police Shoot, Kill Caneyville Man

Police Shoot, Kill Caneyville Man

There are 190 comments on the KLEX TV story from Mar 6, 2010, titled Police Shoot, Kill Caneyville Man. In it, KLEX TV reports that:

State police are investigating the shooting death of a Caneyville man by Leitchfield Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEX TV.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
aaa

Greensburg, KY

#1 Mar 6, 2010
Does anybody know the police officer that shot the man ?
Tragic

Cecilia, KY

#2 Mar 6, 2010
I heard that it was Brandon Cook and Jack Holland was the one who shot him
calibs mommy

Big Clifty, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2010
brandon green
leslie elmore

Trinity, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2010
i don't think that those police officers that shot him down. all i know is that they fired back at him when the guy shot at them. that is all i have heard from people at where i work at.
Hmmmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2010
I just wanna know who fired first. The police or the man with the gun. None of the news stories have told that, not that I put to much stock in what they have to say anyway.
nobody

Trinity, TX

#6 Mar 6, 2010
I know all the officers involved and i do know they would never have shot if their lives weren't in danger,they are all very good officers,their job is to serve and protect,they are all god fearing family men,we citizens of Leitchfield are very lucky to have them as police officers.
FYI

Mammoth Cave, KY

#7 Mar 6, 2010
The MAN shot first! But before everyone starts to talk. Thank what would you do if you was in their shoes. THANK YOU BRANDON AND JACK FOR PROTECTING OUR COUNTY!!
the news

Greensburg, KY

#8 Mar 6, 2010
the courier journal says he shot first. look on yahoo local news.
yes

Leitchfield, KY

#9 Mar 6, 2010
amen to that!
FYI wrote:
The MAN shot first! But before everyone starts to talk. Thank what would you do if you was in their shoes. THANK YOU BRANDON AND JACK FOR PROTECTING OUR COUNTY!!
Yes

Leitchfield, KY

#10 Mar 6, 2010
The man shot first. Even if he would have just pointed his gun at someone...enough to justify the officers shooting him. Period.
Yes

Trinity, TX

#11 Mar 6, 2010
You know I would be shot dead if I was just out in the middle of town with a Rifle in my hands and didn't out it down. Everyone is always talking about cops this and cops that... The Officers that are dedicated to this town are those very same officers that possibly saved whosever lives were at stake last night. Thank You each and every officer that was involved...
Thankful

United States

#12 Mar 6, 2010
I'm just thankful the cops survived. I do feel bad for the other mans family. But they did what they had to do. It's not allways easy b n a cop even n a lil town. Does anyone know what time this took place? I had just been there last nite b 4 it happened.
Odie

Trinity, TX

#13 Mar 6, 2010
I am very grateful for those officers that did THEIR JOBS LAST NIGHT... THANK YOU!!!
Thankful

United States

#14 Mar 6, 2010
Yes I agree Thank You!
Odie

Trinity, TX

#15 Mar 6, 2010
It happened at 11:05 last night...
cmon

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Mar 6, 2010
wait for the whole story b4 u drop to ur knees for the officers. Not saying they did wrong, but there are unjust and needless cop interventions everyday. Sad that anybody was hurt though.
misleading

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 6, 2010
Does anyone know what might have triggered the man to have the rifle out? Heard he had no police record. I know some Greens but not sure if he was related to them.
heck if i know

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Mar 6, 2010
cmon wrote:
wait for the whole story b4 u drop to ur knees for the officers. Not saying they did wrong, but there are unjust and needless cop interventions everyday. Sad that anybody was hurt though.
I agree with you all the way on that. I'm not saying the cops done anything wrong. I don't know, I wasn't there. Cops getting a little bit trigger happy, yeah thats been known to happen. There could be a hundred diffrent takes on this story.

This is a little far out there.-- The man could have been sitting in his car and someone saw a gun in there. Maybe he just bought it, or was going to sell it to someone. Someone sees the gun and alerts the cop in the store. Cop comes out, man gets out and is going to give the gun to the cop (in a non-threatning way) and blam !!! Man is shot. Stranger things have happened. IDK
Hmm

Trinity, TX

#20 Mar 6, 2010
Brandon was known to Hunt alot, He just recently purchased a Camper topper for the bed of a truck just for a deer stand. Alot of hunters have guns with them. I mean hell, In caneyville I see at least 5-7 people a day with either a hand gun or shotgun in their truck. But yet, you don't see them sitting at a store supposedly holding it up in the air. He most likely didn't fire any shots til he was shot upon. And honestly I don't blame him. He's been known to drink a little. And if your getting shot at your first reaction is to shoot back if you have a gun or run. Cops never realize that. And they hardly even really give warnings when they try to talk to you. I've seen cops with diff reports of what happened at my place around 5 years ago. Each cop's story will be different of that night. And I just find it susipicous. They have been known to tweak the story to make them sound like the hero.
Amazed

Trinity, TX

#21 Mar 6, 2010
The guy was standing on the sidewalk holding the SKS. EMS worker saw him, informed the officer, officer practically begged the guy to drop his weapon many times and then the guy pointed the weapon at the officer and all hell broke loose. When backup was arriving on scene they came under fire. He was firing at them before they could even get out of the car.
This guy had intentions of hurting someone for not lowering his weapon, and for as many rounds he fired off at 3 different cops. If he was innocent, he would've lowered his weapon!
I hate that this has happened. So glad nobody else was hurt. I hate it for the police officers involved because even though they had to kill this man in order to save their lives and the lives of others, they'll never go a day without thinking about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caneyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy lawson 3 hr Cubrun guy 5
Poor Owen's Wife 7 hr no no no 3
anyone know chelsey taylor? (Mar '10) 9 hr who? 15
Children 11 hr I know who you are 10
Dr. Thomas 15 hr Witnessed 11
Adam Dennison 20 hr Beth Roof 2
rat (Oct '11) 20 hr Beth Roof 6

Caneyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance