CANEY Gunny Sack North - GAS PUMP PRI...

CANEY Gunny Sack North - GAS PUMP PRICE SCAM - BE WARNED!!!

Posted in the Caney Forum

“Try Being ACCOUNTABLE!”

Since: Dec 09

Kansas, FK OK

#1 Dec 23, 2012
A bout a week ago I pulled upto the Gunny Sack Pump to get gas.
I got out of my vehicle read the pump. It displayed $3.29 per gallon on regular unleaded. I no more than placed the gas nozzle into my vehicle. While looking right at the pump read out it changed to $3.38 per gallon.
I immediatel too a picture of the display then went to another pump still reading $3.28. I then went inside and questioned WTH was going on. The response was the automatically switched to credit the card price when you swipe your card. Really? The pump must be psychic then because the rat changed while I was looking at it and I had not yet swiped my card! Aside from that 10 cents more PER GALLON for using a debit card. I now arrange it that I DO NOT buy fro either of their rip-off marts in Caney!!!
Mr Walkman

Wann, OK

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Copan gives you a discount i you pay cash/check.
anti

Wichita, KS

#3 Dec 23, 2012
And Copan is slightly cheaper than Caney. Not that the gas stations can do much in Caney as Kansas gas is more expensive. But it is posted on the sign, credit card price and cash price. I say protest/boycott that practice. Run on fumes till ya get to Copan. And I remember when gas prices jumped at GS after 9/11. Guess we just have a short memory when it comes to convenience.
Gas Guzzler

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Dec 23, 2012
anti wrote:
And Copan is slightly cheaper than Caney. Not that the gas stations can do much in Caney as Kansas gas is more expensive. But it is posted on the sign, credit card price and cash price. I say protest/boycott that practice. Run on fumes till ya get to Copan. And I remember when gas prices jumped at GS after 9/11. Guess we just have a short memory when it comes to convenience.
Best thin that ever happened to Dickie was when gas went skyhigh and he bought a ton of it at a locked price..........then the price fell he ate a huge wad of money banking on the stupidity of the people........
Mr Walkman

Wann, OK

#5 Dec 24, 2012
I'm all for shopping local, but give me a break!!!!! When it is over 30cents cheaper in BV, there is no doubt that I can stil driver to BV get gas come home and still save money. Hell, I might as well shop while I'm there.
Sorry Krista and Dickie, it only makes since and these days(as always), a dollar is a dollar. We have to watch where it goes.
Rosey Palmer

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Dec 24, 2012
Mr Walkman wrote:
I'm all for shopping local, but give me a break!!!!! When it is over 30cents cheaper in BV, there is no doubt that I can stil driver to BV get gas come home and still save money. Hell, I might as well shop while I'm there.
Sorry Krista and Dickie, it only makes since and these days(as always), a dollar is a dollar. We have to watch where it goes.
You hit the nail on the head there...That is part of the reason we dont have a grocery store (besides bad management) people go out of town to buy their gas and then stay to do their shopping. Why not it is cheaper in the long run. But now look what has happen to us we have to go out of town for everything.
Sad Caneyite

Bartlesville, OK

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Rosey Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head there...That is part of the reason we dont have a grocery store (besides bad management) people go out of town to buy their gas and then stay to do their shopping. Why not it is cheaper in the long run. But now look what has happen to us we have to go out of town for everything.
It is a very big part of it. I buy gas in Bartlesville because I work here. If I'm going to be here five days a week, I'm going to get my gas here as well as groceries.
I'm trying to hold on long enough that my kids are old enough to drive so we can move to Bartlesville and they can commute to school otherwise I don't know how I can sell my house there. With the way Caney continues to decline, it is going to be harder than ever to sell property there.
Gunny Ballsack

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2012
What propert would be wort selling as it is now. Caney would be better off praying for a natural disaster. FEMA trailers would be better houses than most of what's in this town.
Citi

Coffeyville, KS

#9 Dec 27, 2012
I go to Copan and get my gas there, and hey there's no ethanol in it, so you get better gas mileage. Screw QT in Bville...that gas is junk. But anyway yeah ALL of the convenience stores in town rip you off. Casey's conveniently lists the top price as Premium and Unleaded below it thats higher, wonder how many people realize that? They set the price because people will pay it, just like the food there. The reason out Grocery store went out of business is because of mis-management, he did not know how to manage his money, had nothing to do with people not buying gas in Caney. I shopped there because it was local and the costs would of been the same if I would of drove out of town. We do need some small grocery store here at least so people do not have to drive out of town. The dollar store is always ransacked, and plus who wants to eat food from there? no fresh meat or produce, it sucks!
Gunnysack Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Dec 29, 2012
Just so you all know, several months ago, Little Gunnysack started carrying Cross C Ranch meat and resonabaly price produce. Plus they have the cheapest milk in town at only $3.79 a gallon. They also take Vision!!! And their help is way more friendly than the Big Gunny!!!
Rosey Palmer

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Gunnysack Supporter wrote:
Just so you all know, several months ago, Little Gunnysack started carrying Cross C Ranch meat and resonabaly price produce. Plus they have the cheapest milk in town at only $3.79 a gallon. They also take Vision!!! And their help is way more friendly than the Big Gunny!!!
I have to agree, the little Gunny's help is much much nicer than big Gunny. I had to go into big Gunny on Christmas Eve since that was the only place open. The girl in there was not nice at all. I am sorry she had to work, I have spent my holidays working, we have all put our time in on holidays working. That is just part of life.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 4, 2013
Rosey Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head there...That is part of the reason we dont have a grocery store (besides bad management) people go out of town to buy their gas and then stay to do their shopping. Why not it is cheaper in the long run. But now look what has happen to us we have to go out of town for everything.
Ah yes, it was better in the days of Consumers Market and Max and Laverne.
Haha

Aransas Pass, TX

#13 Jan 4, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, it was better in the days of Consumers Market and Max and Laverne.
Nice joke.
get one

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2013
Gunny Sack is da bomb!
Earl

Coffeyville, KS

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Its too bad that Salsmans Oil Co has fallen from the pinnacle it once was. I remember when you could go in there, fill up on gas, get some beer, pack-a-smokes, play lotto, bump-o-meth, chewing gum, do-rag, jacks, you name it. Now those were the days. Ole jimmy kept it cheap too! Cheap goods for cheap people. That was Salsmans Oil Co alrighty. And the service? Shoot, forget about it! Best in town! Friendly? Forget about it! Body odor? Forget about it!!!!! STRONGEST STENCH IN THREE STATES!
CaneyCat

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Oct 23, 2013
I'm from Caney as well and that's why I don't get gas at either Gunny sacks. Because I use my debit alot. I go to Caseys. They don't charge you a credit fee when you use your card.
joe smoe

United States

#17 Dec 13, 2013
Doesnt surprise me!!!
hilarious

United States

#18 Dec 17, 2013
Idiots. Dickie, Kay, and Krista do a lot for Caney.

“Try Being ACCOUNTABLE!”

Since: Dec 09

Kansas, FK OK

#19 Jan 18, 2014
anti wrote:
And Copan is slightly cheaper than Caney. Not that the gas stations can do much in Caney as Kansas gas is more expensive. But it is posted on the sign, credit card price and cash price. I say protest/boycott that practice. Run on fumes till ya get to Copan. And I remember when gas prices jumped at GS after 9/11. Guess we just have a short memory when it comes to convenience.
That's well and good but the price changed BEFORE the card was swiped! So the pumps have ESP???
evenmorehilariou s

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Feb 25, 2014
What are they doing for Caney that is so great?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grocery store? Jan 29 American Independent 5
Tyro Cultist Church (Jul '14) Jan '18 Mia 51
Who would ya do?!? (Jan '12) Jan '18 nostalgic 13
Elk lake Dec '17 The Real Bob 3
Body rub? Dec '17 Randy 2
Too many hoes in town (Aug '17) Nov '17 Rudy 5
hottest chicks (Jul '09) Nov '17 Helen 34

Caney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caney Mortgages