Candler woman faces charges of selling drugs to children

There are 20 comments on the Mar 10, 2009, Asheville Citizen-Times story titled Candler woman faces charges of selling drugs to children. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE A Candler woman faces charges of selling drugs to children. Kristin Lynn Ray, 38, of 20 Owenby Road, was charged by Buncombe County deputies with six counts of selling or delivering a controlled ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

What

Lincolnton, NC

#22 Mar 10, 2009
Dan Cooper Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Needs to be posted on a billboard.
I agree. Their faces should be as visible as sex offenders are and if we can't keep them locked up, they should have to register, wear the attractive jewelry, and stay so many feet away from kids!

Since: May 08

United States

#23 Mar 10, 2009
Dan Cooper Jr wrote:
<quoted text>Needs to be posted on a billboard.
You are absolutely right! Sickens me!

Since: Oct 07

United States

#24 Mar 10, 2009
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Their faces should be as visible as sex offenders are and if we can't keep them locked up, they should have to register, wear the attractive jewelry, and stay so many feet away from kids!
Exactly! They are no different in my opinion than sex offenders.
Sweetpea

Manteo, NC

#25 Mar 10, 2009
I hope DSS is involved IF she has kids of her own or any underage kids living in her home. I do think there is more than one Owenby Road in Buncombe County.

United States

#26 Mar 10, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not have anything better to do with your time than to come on here and make slanderous remarks? Your post has been flagged for being extremely offensive. And I will follow up on this!
Honey, you don't know slanderous until you meet the man from McDowell County.

“PO'd Puddy Cat”

Since: Jan 08

Asheville NC

#27 Mar 10, 2009
Last Buffalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you don't know slanderous until you meet the man from McDowell County.
Good evening LB. Hope your day is going better. You have mail. It should put a smile on your face.
mom35

Suffolk, VA

#28 Mar 10, 2009
Does anyone know how to look at her mug shot? I want to know if this is the Kris Ray I know from Enka.The age would be right.
Pedestrian

Asheville, NC

#29 Mar 10, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Do you not have anything better to do with your time than to come on here and make slanderous remarks? Your post has been flagged for being extremely offensive. And I will follow up on this!
Dude, is your name "laugh or bust" supposed to be irony? Or is it just that you demand that others don't take you seriously, but don't feel that you should have to return the favor when it's YOU being laughed at? The joke was funny.
shaggy

United States

#30 Mar 10, 2009
Her pic is on WLOS
Shocked

Maiden, NC

#31 Mar 10, 2009
Candler again wrote:
So what's new. Another Candler crime.
Drugs are wide spread over there it seems.
Drugs are wide spread EVERYWHERE!
Shocked

Maiden, NC

#32 Mar 10, 2009
mom35 wrote:
Does anyone know how to look at her mug shot? I want to know if this is the Kris Ray I know from Enka.The age would be right.
Yes, it is Kris Ray from Enka.
Shocked

Maiden, NC

#33 Mar 10, 2009
Sweetpea wrote:
I hope DSS is involved IF she has kids of her own or any underage kids living in her home. I do think there is more than one Owenby Road in Buncombe County.
She only has one child, who does not live in the home at this time.
AL from Enka

Etlan, VA

#34 Mar 10, 2009
mom35 wrote:
I am sorry to inform you that it is. Unbelievable I know. Would have never thought that it would come to this.
sterling

Suffolk, VA

#35 Mar 10, 2009
Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is Kris Ray from Enka.
she was voted most popular when we were in school. I guess the last 20 years haven't been to good to her. I know her parents and brother, I guess they are ashamed of her. I would have never believed this but, it has been 20 years since we graduated.

United States

#36 Mar 10, 2009
Pedestrian wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, is your name "laugh or bust" supposed to be irony? Or is it just that you demand that others don't take you seriously, but don't feel that you should have to return the favor when it's YOU being laughed at? The joke was funny.
Are you that toad in McDowell County?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#37 Mar 10, 2009
Pedestrian wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, is your name "laugh or bust" supposed to be irony? Or is it just that you demand that others don't take you seriously, but don't feel that you should have to return the favor when it's YOU being laughed at? The joke was funny.
Number one I'm not a dude, dude! Second I Don't joke at all about drugs, period. Not funny to me at all. I will joke about most things and don't take alot of it to heart but this is not one of them. People can take me seriously or not I don't care. Makes no difference to me at all. Dude!

“ Mr. Cougar”

Since: Mar 07

Asheville

#38 Mar 10, 2009
Google maps wrote:
Owenby Rd is not in Candler
Is their 2 Owenby Roads?
mom35

Suffolk, VA

#39 Mar 10, 2009
Not unbelievable at all. Thank god her child wasn't in her care.

United States

#40 Mar 10, 2009
Carolinakat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening LB. Hope your day is going better. You have mail. It should put a smile on your face.
You always put a smile on my face. LOL Sonogram tomorrow to check for a blood clot and more tests. You know how it goes, when it rains......

Since: Nov 07

United States

#41 Mar 10, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Number one I'm not a dude, dude! Second I Don't joke at all about drugs, period. Not funny to me at all. I will joke about most things and don't take alot of it to heart but this is not one of them. People can take me seriously or not I don't care. Makes no difference to me at all. Dude!
Hey LorB,
Is somebody messing with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Candler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Robert's group (Dec '10) 2 hr Adam 2
News Former Woodfin chief indicted on federal firear... (Apr '09) 12 hr ApePeeD 92
BREAKING NEWS: Normal person spotted downtown 13 hr James Lawrence Whitt 10
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Thu Dogen 141,273
Canton Jukebox (Jul '12) Thu geezer 15
Top 10 Reasons Chicago Sucks (Jul '13) Thu Go Blue Forever 72
trying to find Jewell Kauffman King Feb '15 drdad 1
More from around the web

Candler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]