Candler site offers views, charm

Candler site offers views, charm

There are 14 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 5, 2008, titled Candler site offers views, charm. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

“We had a family friend that loaned me the money to do my first spec house.”

CANDLER - Dan and Glenda Patterson are no longer farming the family land in Candler, but their name lives on at the Patterson Farms housing development. via Asheville Citizen-Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

rdg

Eddyville, KY

#1 May 14, 2008
ddas
Jake

Asheville, NC

#2 May 16, 2008
Every developer makes up a Disney-like, feel good story to accompany their sales brochures so they can lure gullible home-buyers from out of state. This story is no exception. I guess new home buyers can expect Glenda Patterson to stop by every new home each morning a pass out milk and homemade muffins. That might help them forget about the roar of interstate traffic nearby...lol.

Since: Oct 07

Greer, SC

#4 May 16, 2008
Ghost Dog wrote:
Nice views and charm for the transplants. For everyone else its a eye sore with extra traffic and pollution.
Sure is..I hate driving through that ugly area, and the traffic IS a nightmare.
rdg

Fredericksburg, VA

#5 May 21, 2008
What traffic are you guys talking about? I live off of Dogwood Rd., and Patterson Farms is pretty tucked away. The area is beautiful and there's virtually no traffic other than on a tiny section of Smokey Park Hwy, which can easily be avoided with a back road.
Enka Jet

Charlotte, NC

#6 May 21, 2008
Enka Envy makes people want to get as close to Enka as they can get!
BLC

Charlotte, NC

#7 May 21, 2008
Send your kids to private school if you move there.

“PO'd Puddy Cat”

Since: Jan 08

Asheville NC

#8 May 22, 2008
Another farm is sprouting cookie cutter homes. How many trees did we loose to this one.
rdg

Fredericksburg, VA

#9 May 22, 2008
Where would you like to propose building new homes in the Ashevile area? Should we just stop building new homes altogehter? Why not just send Asheville back to the 1980's? I wonder how many trees were lost due to the formation of your neighborhood? Jeez.
Enka Jet

Charlotte, NC

#10 May 22, 2008
rdg wrote:
Where would you like to propose building new homes in the Ashevile area? Should we just stop building new homes altogehter? Why not just send Asheville back to the 1980's? I wonder how many trees were lost due to the formation of your neighborhood? Jeez.
Why not just send Asheville back to the 1980's?

The late 50s and early 60s were better. Enka was paradise.
BLC

Charlotte, NC

#11 May 22, 2008
And now you are old, senile, and unable to afford your old home unka. It is now the home to the wonderful people sforming the COMMUNITY OF BILTMORE LAKE. You will never belong.
Enka Jet

Charlotte, NC

#12 May 22, 2008
BLC wrote:
And now you are old, senile, and unable to afford your old home unka. It is now the home to the wonderful people sforming the COMMUNITY OF BILTMORE LAKE. You will never belong.
Oh, i am very happy with my house and the 50* acres of paradise. Yankees want to buy it, but I don;t need to sell.

How much Enka do you own?
rdg

Asheville, NC

#13 Jun 2, 2008
Enka,

Where are you in Candler?
MissBonnie

Stormville, NY

#14 Sep 11, 2011
Jake wrote:
Every developer makes up a Disney-like, feel good story to accompany their sales brochures so they can lure gullible home-buyers from out of state. This story is no exception. I guess new home buyers can expect Glenda Patterson to stop by every new home each morning a pass out milk and homemade muffins. That might help them forget about the roar of interstate traffic nearby...lol.
Is he roar of the traffic from the interstate really an issue at the Patterson Homestead. Tell us Northerners more.
MissBonnie

Stormville, NY

#15 Sep 11, 2011
Is the traffic of the roar of the interstate really an issue at the Patterson Homestead an issue? How about harmful chemicals in the soil being that it was once farmland. Tell us Northerners more, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Candler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple finds hidden camera disguised as smoke d... 6 hr frank 24
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr Science 164,261
Wanda Greene 9 hr Wondering 28
Blame it On The Police 10 hr Southern Belle 35
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) 10 hr Myrtle Mae 138
Cecil Bothwell loses in primaries 10 hr Southern Belle 29
Traffic in south asheville 11 hr Asheville Native 6

Candler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Candler Mortgages