Next Last
bare foot

Johnstown, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2012
june 5 vote no for library tax they want 100,000.00 of ur tax money
canjo

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2012
close the library and bulldoze it in the ground.
welfare

Queensbury, NY

#3 Apr 28, 2012
Instead of my tax money lets get some business in this here!
jojo

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Apr 30, 2012
well worth ti this is probably 1 person posting here. or a teabagger they are against education
welfare

Queensbury, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2012
What's a teabagger? you probably was taught that word at the library!
jojo

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Apr 30, 2012
well you are a dumb one if you do not know what a teabagger is. it is a republican religious fucktard.
that wants to distroy places of learning that have books other than the bible. and think this is a christian nation and was set as one.
welfare

Queensbury, NY

#9 May 1, 2012
I'm sorry,but I was told a teabagger had something to do with balls and your chin! Don't go around calling ppl names just because a question was asked. It't makes you look like an ass!
notnow

United States

#10 May 2, 2012
most areas have this "tax". Just about all the school districts around here but Canjo. It ends up being not even $25.00 on the school tax bill. Can't believe people would actually want to close a library. Reading some of these posts, it looks like people should be frequenting the library more often!
seamus

Pittsfield, MA

#11 May 2, 2012
notnow wrote:
most areas have this "tax". Just about all the school districts around here but Canjo. It ends up being not even $25.00 on the school tax bill. Can't believe people would actually want to close a library. Reading some of these posts, it looks like people should be frequenting the library more often!
Ummmm......not really. Maybe 500 to 1,000, not 100k. get your facts straight.
oh my

United States

#12 May 2, 2012
Really people? Let's raise taxes? Water bill is high. Don't you think you want to lower taxes? You have people who are getting paid with our tax money that keep asking for more and are never happy. The problem is people are just caring about themselves and you wonder why our taxes go up. I'm sure there is plenty of money in the budget. Some of the "head" people take a pay cut because most likely are way over paid and then once they take the pay cut I'm sure the money for the library will be there. This is not who is republican, get over it.
what

United States

#13 May 3, 2012
first off libraries are dieng off due to the fact that you are able to get any and all books on the web as well as a nook or kindle. it is very sad to have to say that because it is a very beautiful library one of a kind in the area. they should have seen this comeing people and society are different now. they want to go to ball games or go to big cities not small town canjo to see books and 5 paintings and then there is no place to stay or anything to due. so they go to new york city they have art museums and broadway things of that culture canjo does not and can not provide that. know on the taxes! taxes go up due to costs so get over it sorry but it costs more to heat a house to heat a building lights it all costs water you name it. deal with it buy one less beer or cig or what ever because it is not going to change sorry to say.
oh my

Gansevoort, NY

#14 May 3, 2012
New York is a problem itself, New York has some of highest taxes and most taxes but also in little towns people take advantage of the system and give themselves or other people huge wages. It can add up. A lot of company's will either move from one town to the next or leave the state completely cause taxes keep going up..it will never end. Eventually it will be to expensive in New York. Keep raising. Just some wages and depending. For example did canjo police really need to replace the charger? Nypd and other police departments will use a car till its dead, generally 8 years or so. Canjo don't beat the cars like other departments do. Come on people think about it..
ole timer

North Creek, NY

#15 May 3, 2012
Even though this is a time when we are getting hit
from all angles with increases in taxes, higher
prices for gas, higher food costs, and more and
more fees from the state and other branches of
government,the library proposition deserves at
least some thought and consideration. The
Canajoharie library is an asset that most small
communities don't have. It is a cornerstone of
education in the community and if lost will
probably never be reborn. We are, after clearing
up some of the misinformation, looking at an
average tax increase of about $25.00 a year;
not a lot of money considering what we have.
P.S. Canajoharie has suffered alot and needs
to have some things to be proud of; the library
is certainly one of these things. At least think
before you vote.
oh my

Albany, NY

#16 May 3, 2012
I like how there was no comment on what I said. So let's cut some wages and we will have that 100k.
ole timer

North Creek, NY

#17 May 3, 2012
oh my- You need to be more specific; whose wages
would you cut, name positions and how much would
you cut them? A comment such as "let's cut some
wages" is so general it doesn't really help at
all. Then you go from wages to police cars. What
do wages have to do with police cars? You're just
"shooting from the hip" and hoping you hit some-
thing.
a idea

Etna, ME

#18 May 3, 2012
if im going to get taxed ten i say bulldoze the shit hole to the ground, im sick of paying for shit i have no use for
jojo

Pittsfield, MA

#19 May 3, 2012
people want something for nothing people like a idea and welfare do not see the vaule from it. the libary/art center are of major vaule to the area. but one must be able to read to know it
oh my

Gansevoort, NY

#20 May 4, 2012
Ole timer, I'm just pointing things out. I don't need to name people. It's the concept. Knowing that there is people who are most likely over paid and tax money being wasted on things that are not really needed. Need some one to go into the budget and make cuts in places that it can be made. I'm sure there are places the budget could be. People are already suffering from high taxes. My taxes are as high as if I was living down on long island. It's crazy.
ole timer

North Creek, NY

#21 May 4, 2012
oh my- Again, you simply speak in glaring
generalities. How do you know that there are
people who are overpaid; how do you know that
things aren't really needed? You are simply
making assumptions, and you know what happens
when you assume things to be true. P.S. I didn't
ask you to name people; I asked you to name
positions you would cut. Actually you "pointed
nothing out."
oh my

United States

#22 May 4, 2012
Ole timer, again I don't know everything in the town and all the different positions. I'm making an assumption that there is room for changes. Before jumping to the conclusion of raising taxes. In many examples of other "towns" etc they are quick to raise not try to save on one matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canajoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
age difference 13 hr socunfused 2
Dons plumbing and electric (Nov '15) 15 hr Bellatrix21 9
Cherry valley school Jun 27 Gre 10
Who are the hottest guys in Ft. Plain Jun 26 Sugartits 2
Hot teachers at fp Jun 25 Jax 15
Ocean Marie Foster Jun 24 Lovingfriend 62
Whats up with Seasons Eats? Jun 22 Henry 1

Canajoharie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance