First Prev
of 6
Next Last
like the idea

Pittsfield, MA

#105 Nov 9, 2011
fake amish wrote:
the amish that were here when I moved here 20 years ago are very respectful.The new amish that moved in are barely amish,I see them at stewart's one right after another filling up 20 gallon containers of gas.They don't drive but they get driven everywhere,they have chain grocery stores.I even saw there auction in fort plain Advertised on the computer!can you say tax shelter and running businesses without insurance.
they have some one run the ad for them you inbred douchebag. you but hurt that the amish work harder than any one in you family has ever worked since you ancestor fell from a tree? they use the gas to power their sawmills dick head or karo for the fridge. keep running your mouth you dumb racist
fake amish

Pittsfield, MA

#106 Nov 9, 2011
like the idea wrote:
<quoted text> they have some one run the ad for them you inbred douchebag. you but hurt that the amish work harder than any one in you family has ever worked since you ancestor fell from a tree? they use the gas to power their sawmills dick head or karo for the fridge. keep running your mouth you dumb racist
sounds like yours the fathead in the green van that charges them for rides.
like the idea

Pittsfield, MA

#107 Nov 9, 2011
fake amish wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like yours the fathead in the green van that charges them for rides.
sorry that is not me i do no business with them. but i do respect how hard the amish work, and when we all sit blacked out this winter from a storm it will just be another day for them. so fake amish you sound like a double dip douche tool, like i said the do more work in 5 minutes by accident than you do all week. leav these people alone if not for them man farms would not be up and running,
whatswrongwithU

Gloversville, NY

#108 Nov 9, 2011
tooperhat wrote:
The Amish should not have their buggies on the stretch of route 10 by stone arabia when the roads are bad they make it really dangerous for all of us on the roads including themselves. I also think it animnal abuse to make their horses pull them through blizzards and snow drifts, and then in the summer heat to beat them up and down hills till they are lame and lathered up, Why aren't their children in proper restraints etc.. Insurance--- Yes the Amish should have insurance because they do and will cause accidents. What about street signs how do they get away with disobeying common traffic laws for instance on my way to McDonalds in Palatine I took a left at the light to go up the one way road by Stewarts, who did I meet was an Amish buggy coming right towards my vehicle headed down the hill. There are 2 signs that say ONE WAY DO NOT ENTER. I know they do not have an education past eighth grade but they should be able to read street signs and understand them. Also stop means stop, a red light means stop not back up your buggy on top of the car behind you, green light means go, no turn on red MEANS NO TURN ON RED, slow moving vehicles should yield to the right allowing safe pass for other vehicles. having lights on a black buggy at night should be crucial especially on the back roads. I realize you have to transport your milk to milk houses but we have to transport milk too and we do not do it at night on back roads with no lights on our vehicles and if we did we would probably cause a wreck or be arrested. and your children they should be supervised by an adult while walking down a 55 mph highway, these kids are walking down the middle of the road and sticking their tongues out at cars and running in front of cars no common sense I swear. It's not the 15th Century anymore, its obvious its time to embrace change. Oh yeah and about the store, PLEASE DO NOT GO INTO PRICE CHOPPER WITH MUCH BOOTS ON. I realize you are hard workers, but you are risking our health. I would not like to contract ecoli from one of your sick cows
I totally agree with you. I have seen them go past my house at all hours of the night and morning, no lights.(2am ect) slow vehicles should move over to allow others to pass and they do not. they have been hit by cars and if I were out on a tractor with no lights and got hit I would be sued and def. ticketed
whatswrongwithU

Gloversville, NY

#109 Nov 9, 2011
old timer wrote:
If the Amish don't pay into Social Security, then
they can't collect like you will be able to. Of
course, I went to college and got a good job so
I don't have to worry about the Amish underbidding
me. Maybe you're charging too much?
sorry but that was just assinine of you to say.
fake amish

Pittsfield, MA

#110 Nov 9, 2011
like the idea wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry that is not me i do no business with them. but i do respect how hard the amish work, and when we all sit blacked out this winter from a storm it will just be another day for them. so fake amish you sound like a double dip douche tool, like i said the do more work in 5 minutes by accident than you do all week. leav these people alone if not for them man farms would not be up and running,
what do you mean leave them alone,your A retard!They don't have computors to see ythis ass wipe but they might as well they are already paying someone to put on ads.thats real amish like.The only business you have with the amish is screwing their stinky wifes so they don't pop out another midget kid.OH yeah have A nice day
like the idea

Pittsfield, MA

#111 Nov 9, 2011
fake amish wrote:
<quoted text>what do you mean leave them alone,your A retard!They don't have computers to see this ass wipe but they might as well they are already paying someone to put on ads.that's real amish like.The only business you have with the amish is screwing their stinky wives so they don't pop out another midget kid.OH yeah have A nice day
the ads on the net are for the none amish you stupid ass. just stay in your mill street roach trap people like to go to auctions and buy stuff. people like real amish stuff. and who or what ever you are you can tell you you are to low class and in brain power to have the woman i do. i think your just upset that the amish make more money than you and they are happy and not bitter like you.
like the idea

Pittsfield, MA

#112 Nov 9, 2011
and please let go of your hate it will eat your sad little mind. i can tell you have a host of mental demons.
GrP

Newark, NJ

#113 Nov 9, 2011
U r so right lots of hate & demons here - not worth arguing with.
like the idea wrote:
and please let go of your hate it will eat your sad little mind. i can tell you have a host of mental demons.

Since: Nov 11

Albany, NY

#114 Nov 12, 2011
I've read the majority of the posts about the Amish and for the most part agree with you all, pros & cons alike. As far as construction goes, they do one Hell of a job as they built my garage. That is by no means a slap in the face of SkullCrusher as I'm sure he does just as good of a job but with his own tools. What irritates the shit out of me, and it's petty, but going into Dollar General and having Jedidiah and Rebeccah ahead of me with 2 carts of bullshit or running through piles of horse shit they leave for us English to clean up. They are a warm, welcoming people however. Now taxes - self employed Amish do NOT pay social security tax. Amish employed by an "English/Outsider" must pay SS tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc. I, personally find their buggies to be a road hazard, not necessarily for us but them. I've only been in the area maybe 2 yrs and have seen car-buggy accidents many times. They're so keen on creating everything themselves for themselves then maybe they should consider creating their own trails/roads and if they must use our roads maybe set a "no buggies on roads after dusk".
an amish lover

Saratoga Springs, NY

#115 Jul 22, 2012
I think the amish people are the most loving and patient christian people on this very planet. They are wonderful people and do not judge others like most americans do, there faith in God is trully amazing they have wonderful ethics, work very hard for GOd. I think some people jsut are jealous.
u r clueless

Rome, NY

#116 Jul 28, 2012
Legit contractors not only have to pay social security, and other taxes, but also insurance, including general liability and Workman's Compensation.
Many, probably most, so called "contractors", "English" included, do not carry these types of insurance. Worker's comp. rates for carpenters is around 20%, or $20.00 per $100.00 of payroll..and probably 30% for roofers.
Add the liability insurance and the dollar for dollar amount of taxes that employers pay to match what their employees pay on top of the insurance.
Then add the expense of fuel, commercial insurance, and repairs for the work truck.
Most people are smart enough to do the math; but don't care to know anything about what your paying in taxes and insurance.
They would rather stay ignorant, pay someone else $12.00 an hour, and say "maybe your charging too much."
Then hopefully no death or injury accident will occur or accident resulting in material loss while work is being done on their home; not to even consider the the type of workmanship you get for $12.00 hr.
old timer wrote:
If the Amish don't pay into Social Security, then
they can't collect like you will be able to. Of
course, I went to college and got a good job so
I don't have to worry about the Amish underbidding
me. Maybe you're charging too much?
Adirondack-Wilde rness

Schenectady, NY

#117 Jul 20, 2013
I like the Amish.. Unlike most contractors they do quality work.
SAd

Canajoharie, NY

#118 Jul 21, 2013
You need another place to live. I see all your other posts and all you do is bitch. Why don't you run for office and make things better for all of us including the Amish. I imagine the people would get sick of your shit and vote you out, so get off this site or pack up your shit and move to the hills so we don't need to listen to you whine about everything you big sissy.
Yugotoah

Indian Lake, NY

#119 Jul 22, 2013
u r clueless wrote:
Legit contractors not only have to pay social security, and other taxes, but also insurance, including general liability and Workman's Compensation.
Many, probably most, so called "contractors", "English" included, do not carry these types of insurance. Worker's comp. rates for carpenters is around 20%, or $20.00 per $100.00 of payroll..and probably 30% for roofers.
Add the liability insurance and the dollar for dollar amount of taxes that employers pay to match what their employees pay on top of the insurance.
Then add the expense of fuel, commercial insurance, and repairs for the work truck.
Most people are smart enough to do the math; but don't care to know anything about what your paying in taxes and insurance.
They would rather stay ignorant, pay someone else $12.00 an hour, and say "maybe your charging too much."
Then hopefully no death or injury accident will occur or accident resulting in material loss while work is being done on their home; not to even consider the the type of workmanship you get for $12.00 hr.
<quoted text>
IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY! Just like it SHOULD be.

Everyone with a ladder on their truck calls themselves a contractor.

I wouldn't pay squat for any local "contractor", most employ recently released jail employees who case your house to burglarize it later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canajoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save-a-lot Creeper Sat Just saying 1
Fort Plain FPCS School's Rating Aug 1 Really 18
News Man jailed after second arrest Jul 29 Read4545 3
News Audit hits Minden over tax allocation Jul 28 Makes me sick 13
Tell me Jul 28 Bigus Dickus 3
Ralph Thomas the Farmer (Apr '11) Jul 27 DonaldTrump2016 26
Yager steals money from Ft.Plain Canjo ELKS Jul 27 IRS 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canajoharie Mortgages