Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Easy- I should have known. When someone has to
resort to name calling, then you can tell you're
dealing with someone of limited intelligence.
P.S. Remember change is not always for the better.
Large Brain

Cicero, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

I heard this year's kindergarteners have the option of purchasing class rings.
tax payer

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

ahh, another subject for me to comment on! The school system is horrible! They will give a kid detention for every little thing, but then "ignore" the bigger problems because they want to keep the school zone "perfect"!
ole timer

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

tax payer- What does your comment have to do with
the price of tomatoes?
tax payer

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

ole timer wrote:
tax payer- What does your comment have to do with
the price of tomatoes?
Ole timer, you seem to have a smart a** question for peoples comments, but never a solution. Look at yourself before pretending you know everything.
ole timer

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

tax payer- Look at your comments! "The school
system is horrible"; that comment really is
a solution. My question was right to the point; why do you bring up school detention when this
thread is about the PTA? What does it mean when
you say "they want to keep the school zone
perfect"? First of all what is the "school zone"
and whatever it is, shouldn't they want to keep
it perfect? I offered a solution before you
changed the subject; "keep high school activities
in the high school and let the elementary school
wait until they get to high school before they
enjoy these activities. " i.e. a yearbook is for
the high school not the elementary. You may not
agree with that solution, but it is a specific
solution, not a comment like "The school
system is horrible."
runswithscissors

Fonda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

tax payer wrote:
<quoted text>Ole timer, you seem to have a smart a** question for peoples comments, but never a solution. Look at yourself before pretending you know everything.
I've seen you complaining on a few threads, but no solutions offered. I offer a solution for you - Take your own advice!
justanotherparen t

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Does anyone know what the PTA does? Look at the post prom for your kids, pictures you order every year, stuff for the classrooms, trips the teachers want to take for the kids. That is just to start. alot of the money comes from the PTA and all of you would know that if you would attend sometime. There is alot more than people think. So before you bash someone for something look at whats gets done.
Whiner

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

No wonder the kids are getting dumber all everyone worries about is yearbooks, proms, sports and whatever else will make thier kid happy or should I say the parent happy. I never hear anyone talk about what education thier kid is getting. It wonderful this materialistic world we live in today. Whoever this lady is probably ran for the position and was voted in or did it because no one else wanted to do it. So now the ones who didnt want the position are bitching about what she does. PTA Lady Tell Them All To Kiss Your Ass! Canjo will never change.
tax payer

Lowville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

ole timer and runwiththescissors are exact examples of the people today ruining the world.. you bury your heads in the sand and pretend your in fairyland when your really in a boat that is sinking fast, and you prefer to keep your heads in the sand while that ship sinks instead of stepping up and actually doing something to save the ship before it sinks!
ole timer

Port Leyden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

Wow, you've offered another great solution! Let's
see; I'm "in a boat that is sinking fast" with
my head in the sand. I must be on the beach in my
boat. Great job of mixing metaphors.By the way,
do you know what a metaphor is? So by offering
an opinion about what should be high school
activities and not elementary activities I'm
ruining the world. You really must think that
I have a lot of power. Again, what solution do
you offer? To say that "the school system is
horrible"; now that's a real world saver. Tell
me how "you've stepped up to save the ship".
P.S. I don't think that the school system is
horrible. All of my children are Canajoharie
graduates; they all are college graduates; in
fact, one is now a doctor and another one is an
engineer. I think the school system is great.
justanotherparen t

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

If anyone thinks they can do a better job then by all means come and take over. Really some people have alot to say but angain are you the ones that dont want change. Some sit there and say the kids are dumber, you must not have kids or you look very poorly at them. Shame on you. All Children and thats what they are, depend on not just the teachers but you as parents to teach them. School is not your babysitting service for you to complain about later.
runswithscissors

Fonda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

tax payer wrote:
ole timer and runwiththescissors are exact examples of the people today ruining the world.. you bury your heads in the sand and pretend your in fairyland when your really in a boat that is sinking fast, and you prefer to keep your heads in the sand while that ship sinks instead of stepping up and actually doing something to save the ship before it sinks!
Once again, great solution. What are you doing to save the ship?
canjoparent

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Whiner wrote:
No wonder the kids are getting dumber all everyone worries about is yearbooks, proms, sports and whatever else will make thier kid happy or should I say the parent happy. I never hear anyone talk about what education thier kid is getting. It wonderful this materialistic world we live in today. Whoever this lady is probably ran for the position and was voted in or did it because no one else wanted to do it. So now the ones who didnt want the position are bitching about what she does. PTA Lady Tell Them All To Kiss Your Ass! Canjo will never change.
i was the one originally bitching, I never ran for position, I went to meetings hoping to have something more out of my kids school and get more communication between the school and the parents but learned it is a fucking joke. Like it has been discussed everything is about money money money how to spend. I know there are a few good things I saw like trips but the PTA only paid for 1 kid to go because that is all the budget could do after giving so much money for all the yearbooks, prom, post prom, food for 5th graders and other extra things. This maybe what happens in all PTA's i don't know only being in 1 school district but wow there is so much that goes on that I am sure parents that can't go would not agree with. But with no communication outside of the PTA Group they do as they want.
anotherCanjoPare nt

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Well canjoparent, when was the last time you went to a meeting? If you want to know what is going on then you should go and ask questions instead of bad mouthing the PTA. I have recieved several letters from the PTA with reguard to alot of stuff. Maybe you arent getting the info or maybe you are but have nothing better to do then bash other people. If you want to help then step up to the plate instead of hiding behind a computer sitting in a chair and typing bad stuff about others. Yeah thats mature!!!!!!! There is alot of things that They need volunteers with that they are doing for the kids oh but I forgot you dont know about them. Well look through your childs folder sometime........
Canjoparent

Lowville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

I know everything that comes home with my child and there has not been anything from the PTA in months. Where are the school pics? I had to hear from other schools they got phone calls letting them know what happen to them. Ours well nothing. Also I went to 13 meetings in a row and was so impressed by some and disgusted by others. I am not bashing the PTA. I wish it would work the way others work and be informational to parents just just in their little group. A lot of working parents can't make the meetings so because they have to work for a living they don't have the right to know what is going on in their school. That's not right.
anotherCanjoParent wrote:
Well canjoparent, when was the last time you went to a meeting? If you want to know what is going on then you should go and ask questions instead of bad mouthing the PTA. I have recieved several letters from the PTA with reguard to alot of stuff. Maybe you arent getting the info or maybe you are but have nothing better to do then bash other people. If you want to help then step up to the plate instead of hiding behind a computer sitting in a chair and typing bad stuff about others. Yeah thats mature!!!!!!! There is alot of things that They need volunteers with that they are doing for the kids oh but I forgot you dont know about them. Well look through your childs folder sometime........
parent

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Canjoparent wrote:
I know everything that comes home with my child and there has not been anything from the PTA in months. Where are the school pics? I had to hear from other schools they got phone calls letting them know what happen to them. Ours well nothing. Also I went to 13 meetings in a row and was so impressed by some and disgusted by others. I am not bashing the PTA. I wish it would work the way others work and be informational to parents just just in their little group. A lot of working parents can't make the meetings so because they have to work for a living they don't have the right to know what is going on in their school. That's not right.
<quoted text>
I'm a parent and I have to agree with the other poster. Your child must not be bringing home the papers because I have three kids and I got three things stating the pictures were going to be late because the company that they went through a lot of their stuff was destroyed in the hurricane. There is nothing the PTA can do about mother nature. This is not the place to air your dirty laundry. This sight should be used to better the community not bad mouth others. Yes, we don't always agree what people do but to knock someone on a public sight is just wrong. Go to their face and state the problems. I have to say I'm really disgusted with canajoharie and how they have managed to become like the other communities in thinking you have to get involved in everyones else's business. Anyway, there was also a paper from PTA about a dance that will be coming up for the 3rd 4th and 5th graders. So to say they haven't sent things home is not right. Yes, I do agree it is hard for working parents to make meetings, but the way you are going about it is all wrong.
canjo parent

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Well then whom shall I blame the teacher for my child not having any paperwork because it should all be sent home in the folders so it is not the child's responsibility. My children are in the lower grades and there has been absolutely nothing and I have spoke to a few other mothers and they have no clue either and are pissed.
o and by the way i have gone to the local PTA and higher and nothing every came of it but a new president but that obviously didn't do any good either

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canajoharie Discussions

Search the Canajoharie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr General Robert E Lee 6,361
Fort. Plain cemetery board has to Go Sat Sam 3
FP Basketball Fri The Watcher 11
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Steve Douchy 6,364
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
What happened? Jul 23 taxed to death 7
Who is this Jordan kid that thinks he's all that? Jul 23 Helpforyou 7
•••
•••
•••
Canajoharie Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Canajoharie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000