First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Albany, NY

#1 Apr 18, 2012
The canajoharie PTA is a joke. Their president brings down the entire PTA. I have heard nothing but bad stuff on how she is running the PTA. I attended one meeting this year to see what everyone was talking about and what a joke. She tries to run everything and everyone when there are committees for a reason and they run on their own. I guess there is issues with the elem school yearbook because she didn't give the committee the information they needed to complete the yearbook and now the rumer is it was wiped clean because they took the yearbook chair off of the account who I have heard is fighting everything because it was so wrong how she was treated.

PTA is suppose to be for parents and the students and help them make things easier and be more involved. They can't do that when their leader is all about herself.
ole timer

Gloversville, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2012
Why would an elementary school have a yearbook?
sneakers

Glens Falls, NY

#3 Apr 18, 2012
ole timer wrote:
Why would an elementary school have a yearbook?
so parents can spend more money.I'm scraping lint out of my now.The thing to remember is it's 2012,simple as that.
easy

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Apr 18, 2012
it was $15 or like 150 box tops and it wasn't mandatory you purchase one. cripes take the cigs out of your mouth and buy your kid a momento of thier childhood. And BTW...the PTA president is aces!!!
memory

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2012
Why would an elementary have a yearbook?! Well i don't know about you but i would much rather be able to look back on my childs young school memories if they are offering it even if i have to pay $15 dollars! Its defiantly not so parents can spend more money its not mandatory buy it if you want there is no reason to complain about it.

United States

#6 Apr 18, 2012
easy wrote:
it was $15 or like 150 box tops and it wasn't mandatory you purchase one. cripes take the cigs out of your mouth and buy your kid a momento of thier childhood. And BTW...the PTA president is aces!!!
Agree with the cigs part. We paid $12 or 120 boxtops. The president is aces!!! What the hell is that? What has she done for canjo school as a president but screw up everything and piss a lot of people off. I always wondered why canjo PTA didn't have a lot of people that attending the meetings now I know. It is pointless to go and watch 1 person act like a queen and then do nothing outside the meeting but cause problems.
easy

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Apr 18, 2012
she's only been president this year...what is this "always wondered"? like it's been years she's run the show. I dont even know her personally and am not involved but your hostility is ridiculous Like the PTA is some powerful, influential group rather than a bunch of gossips like you. what? did you loose the election to her?
ole timer

Gloversville, NY

#8 Apr 18, 2012
Again, I repeat, why would an elementary school
have a yearbook? What's next, a 6th grade prom?
Yearbooks, proms, graduations, these are for
high school students. But maybe you aren't planning
to have a high school graduation. P.S. I don't
smoke and never have.
memory

United States

#9 Apr 18, 2012
ole timer wrote:
Again, I repeat, why would an elementary school
have a yearbook? What's next, a 6th grade prom?
Yearbooks, proms, graduations, these are for
high school students. But maybe you aren't planning
to have a high school graduation. P.S. I don't
smoke and never have.
Again I repeat some parents like to buy yearbooks for their children in elementary for their memory sake and so the children could look back on it years into the future to see what they looked like on school picture day maybe to see who was in their class, what their teachers looked like. why do you have to question what the purpose of an elementary yearbook is? I'm sure glad my parents bought my yearbook when i was in elementary school because i had a good friend who died in 5th grade and the only way i can see her face now without using memory is looking back in my yearbooks and seeing her stand next to me in the school picture.

United States

#10 Apr 19, 2012
easy wrote:
she's only been president this year...what is this "always wondered"? like it's been years she's run the show. I dont even know her personally and am not involved but your hostility is ridiculous Like the PTA is some powerful, influential group rather than a bunch of gossips like you. what? did you loose the election to her?
If you don't know anything about her or PTA why are you on here leaving comments. I don't know her personally either but know how she is leading our PTA and its horrible. I don't know how she was elected and hope she leaves when her term is done so maybe we can get a president who is truly there to help the parents, teachers, and students have a good school year.
Another old timer

Glens Falls, NY

#11 Apr 19, 2012
memory wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I repeat some parents like to buy yearbooks for their children in elementary for their memory sake and so the children could look back on it years into the future to see what they looked like on school picture day maybe to see who was in their class, what their teachers looked like. why do you have to question what the purpose of an elementary yearbook is? I'm sure glad my parents bought my yearbook when i was in elementary school because i had a good friend who died in 5th grade and the only way i can see her face now without using memory is looking back in my yearbooks and seeing her stand next to me in the school picture.
Seems to be just another way for those that can't afford it to feel left out. There must be other positive things a PTA could do. An elementary yearbook should be a class project like Mrs. K use to do. Invariably feelings are hurt with the content of yearbooks. Why would you start that kind of peer pressure so soon?
memory

United States

#12 Apr 19, 2012
Another old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be just another way for those that can't afford it to feel left out. There must be other positive things a PTA could do. An elementary yearbook should be a class project like Mrs. K use to do. Invariably feelings are hurt with the content of yearbooks. Why would you start that kind of peer pressure so soon?
thats why instead of paying 15 dollars you can collect box tops......no one has to be left out im sure its possible for someone to pay 15 dollars or collect box tops to get a yearbook......
ole timer

Henderson, NY

#13 Apr 19, 2012
Another old timer- I agree with you. However, in
our society people can't wait for the appropriate
times to have certain events or ceremonies. Again
I repeat, yearbooks, proms, graduations are for
high school students. A perfect example in the
Canajoharie School system is how the 8th grade
moving up day has evolved. At one time it was a
simple ceremony to remember time in the Junior
High or now the Middle School.It is now a "mini"
graduation with flowers, gowns, suits; things
you would expect at a high school graduation,
and again some students feel left out. P.S.
As adults we have the responsibility to question
the purpose of anything that is done in our
schools.

sneakers

Glens Falls, NY

#14 Apr 19, 2012
Another old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.Memories are things we keep in our heart.Just a thought!!!

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2012
Yearbooks are great and I know 4 people including myself gave enough for 3 - 4 kids to get yearbooks and we only have 1 child to get one for. People gave boxtops to help kids then paid cash for their own.
Easy

Brattleboro, VT

#16 Apr 19, 2012
what2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know anything about her or PTA why are you on here leaving comments. I don't know her personally either but know how she is leading our PTA and its horrible. I don't know how she was elected and hope she leaves when her term is done so maybe we can get a president who is truly there to help the parents, teachers, and students have a good school year.
I am commenting because it is annoying to see gossips like you come on this site and bash people who are trying and acting rather than telling us what is wrong and who's to blame. Even if that effort isn't to your standards.

Old timer...you are just that. You probably think the talking picture was a waste of time and money too!
ole timer

Speculator, NY

#17 Apr 19, 2012
Easy- I do understand that "the talking picture"
was an important technological break through, but
I never realized what an important discovery
the "elementary yearbook" was. I guess you showed
me the evil of my ways.
Easy

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2012
Exactly! So inconsequential it was not worth the last few moments you have to complain about it. Just accept change you ole crab apple.
Woohoo

San Mateo, CA

#19 Apr 20, 2012
Whats her name?? The ones complaining are the ones that lost to her? or didnt they even try to run for her position? Stop crying and do something about it. Just saying.

United States

#20 Apr 20, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
Whats her name?? The ones complaining are the ones that lost to her? or didnt they even try to run for her position? Stop crying and do something about it. Just saying.
I don't think anyone else ran against her but heard people are doing something about it. I just started this thread because I have heard so much about the PTA particularly about the president and wondered if anyone knew if it was all true and what was going on. I don't want my kids to suffer from someone's stupidity and power trip. With the budget issues and struggling economy the PTA needs to step up and help make being a parent and student a bi better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canajoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burt Brownell Grooming Little Boys 11 hr Sick 27
Single parents Father vs Mother 16 hr Jobber 9
Hanson St Johnsville 20 hr Free Breather 1
Engaged not engaged?!?! Sun Joke 1
Hillary for President Petition for recount (Jan '17) Sun Trumps Army 220
Morawski Smoking Cannabis at Unity Hall Center ... Aug 18 WillyNelson 2
dog guy with stick Aug 18 Sarah 3

Canajoharie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance