Flames level barn at scene of January dog seizure, prior arson attempts

Feb 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Courier Standard

Linda Kellett A Fort Plain firefighter keeps a watchful eye on a fast-moving barn fire at 7145 state Route 5S in the town of Minden early Saturday morning.

Comments
1 - 20 of 186 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
concerned citize

Bridgeport, NY

#1 Feb 10, 2013
3 atempts o aron,arrests, anima cruelty,drugs,barn evictions, these scumbags torched this place out of revenge, and they may be laughin now, but bad things happen to bad people, they are scum lwlife and have no dogs now nor decent place to live, conact welfare, have few more kids, sell some more dope, pimp out your kids, mistreat family pets, you may think you succeeded cause the barn is gone, but face it your whole clan is losers, criminals,paupers and convicts, we are the ones laffin now you dogless, homeless,future jail inbreds, hahahahahahaha
David Niven

Danielson, CT

#2 Feb 10, 2013
concerned citize wrote:
3 atempts o aron,arrests, anima cruelty,drugs,barn evictions, these scumbags torched this place out of revenge, and they may be laughin now, but bad things happen to bad people, they are scum lwlife and have no dogs now nor decent place to live, conact welfare, have few more kids, sell some more dope, pimp out your kids, mistreat family pets, you may think you succeeded cause the barn is gone, but face it your whole clan is losers, criminals,paupers and convicts, we are the ones laffin now you dogless, homeless,future jail inbreds, hahahahahahaha
How charming....
Animal Lover

Northville, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2013
The fire was deemed suspicious after two previous Arson attempts???...LMFAO!!!
No shit Shirlock. Why wasn't motion-activated camera's set up after the first attempt; so they could have caught these low-life Maggots in the act??
Tasha

Bellevue, WA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
I agree they should have put up cameras I seen Diane last week at Wal-Mart and she didn't have a worry on her face. They should all go down and Idc if Lee gets mad at me for posting on here or not. They are all a bunch of scuzzers those kids belong with righful parents. I am not the best parent around lord knows that but I would be damned if you would ever see my kid filthy like those little ones are. I feel sorry for the little ones they are the ones who have to suffer.
PeopleMakeMeSick

New York, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Tasha wrote:
I agree they should have put up cameras I seen Diane last week at Wal-Mart and she didn't have a worry on her face. They should all go down and Idc if Lee gets mad at me for posting on here or not. They are all a bunch of scuzzers those kids belong with righful parents. I am not the best parent around lord knows that but I would be damned if you would ever see my kid filthy like those little ones are. I feel sorry for the little ones they are the ones who have to suffer.
Tasha, From what I understand they keep the kids away from their parents by running and moving ect. Diane wouldn't have a care in the world in her eye's she did nothing wrong. She would and will blame her husband and son if it means saving her own hindend. on the other message board joe's ex said she in unable to see her kids because they move so much and dont tell her where. Someone else talks about how the kids are referred to as retards and little b*tches.
These people don't deserve kids or animals.
smalltownliving

Canajoharie, NY

#6 Feb 10, 2013
PeopleMakeMeSick wrote:
<quoted text>
Tasha, From what I understand they keep the kids away from their parents by running and moving ect. Diane wouldn't have a care in the world in her eye's she did nothing wrong. She would and will blame her husband and son if it means saving her own hindend. on the other message board joe's ex said she in unable to see her kids because they move so much and dont tell her where. Someone else talks about how the kids are referred to as retards and little b*tches.
These people don't deserve kids or animals.
BCI is on this case. I am glad. These people kept weird hours and late night hours for the past 2 weeks they were in and out at all hours of the night. Last night nothing all lights out and quiet. I know this because I live near them. I had no clue about any of this even the puppy mill up and till a couple weeks ago, we were out of town when it all happened. They moved in by us before Christmas.Caught up on news when we got home. then saw the coverage on tv with the pictures from the pictures we realized that the people who live across the street from us are the puppy mill people. I do not know them and do not want to. They have a lot of kids in the house and animals, they are messy and seem to have a lot of junk. Like I said they were in and out at all hours of the night the past 2 weeks, they slam the door and make a ton of noise. I hope there is justice, people need to be made accountable for crimes esp crimes against animals and starting fires, putting many emergency crews at risk as they battle the fire in the dark of night in the middle of a snow storm.
SUSAN

Fort Plain, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Tasha wrote:
My heart goes out to the children,they are so mean to them..Leanne calls them bitches and retards..
PeopleMakeMeSick

New York, NY

#8 Feb 10, 2013
SUSAN wrote:
<quoted text>My heart goes out to the children,they are so mean to them..Leanne calls them bitches and retards..
Wish there was a way to put all the people who know how the kids are treated in contact with the children's parents so we could help get the children out of this terrible situation now that the dogs are safe
slapt

Canajoharie, NY

#9 Feb 10, 2013
the thing I do not understand is why burn the barn what was the importance? What I am hoping is there were no dogs in the barn I pray she did not take any of the dogs they have in their house and burn them up in the barn that night. I hope the fire investigators can figure this mess out. The barn was probably gone through over and over. What was hiding in that barn? Why the urgency to get rid of it. I am actually having trouble wrapping my head around this whole thing, its not my business but it was made all of our business when it hit the news yesterday. As a community it is discerning to think there is so much crap that goes on here due to people making shitty decisions that put this little town all over the Albany news.
Keri

Canajoharie, NY

#10 Feb 10, 2013
I am the mother of joseph mckanzie and Anna these ppl are scums I wish I never got involved with these ppl years ago. They make me sick. I cry over my children ever day I got a 19 month old thy is with me 24/7 and she don't even know her siblings. It is so sad I contact these ppl several times to see my kids they either change phone numbers or move constantly. They are also really good at setting up a time for me seein them and then taken off so I can't. I tried adding the family on face book to keep in touch and they denied and blocked me. I have went to see my oldest mckanzie at mourning program and she seen me and cried so hard it was so sad. She tells me that they tell her I am a bad mom don't love them and she can't call me mommy. Oh this so tore my heart out. Yea I was young and dumb I fully addmitt to it I should never of let that peace of sh*t Joe back in my life because if him I lost them. And to get any story's straight Joe stole an EBT card from Stacy dillenbeck and unforentully the scum after inkicked him out for this went to the cops and said it was at my house on top of a dresser well he lied I knew nothing about this and they didn't find it on. Dresser it was in a cabinet and I got possession of it cause it was found at my residents. I did 6th months for that scum. And they took me to court and one custody cause I was in jail. Sense then my life has been he'll with them. I seen pics on face book of my children and they are dirty a dressed like scums. This makes me sick. Now all this stuff with animals imagine wat their doing with my babies? I am hoping all this I can use in court cause I have never hd enough evidence.
Keri

Canajoharie, NY

#11 Feb 10, 2013
And another thing is ur totally right about Diane being she went to her fathers during the week and said she has nothing to do with them dogs. Well that makes me laugh first they were on their property and second according to who ever sticks up for them says oh Diane and Paul were the ones that bought all the food and did shelter. So how does she not have anything to do with them. Makes me so sick I wish I could go their and rip my kids outta that house
Keri

Canajoharie, NY

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Please who ever has some info that will help me get my babies out of that house email me keri202008@yahoo.com
Jeannie

New York, NY

#13 Feb 10, 2013
My name is Jeannie, I am the niece of Diane and Paul(diane's side). I am also the mother of the other three children in their care.
My back story is I was in a very abusive relationship with the children's father. I was arrested for child endangerment because back then I was the only one that worked in my household (3rd shift as a CNA)the day I was arrested I came home from work fed the kids and went to bed their father was still there when I went to bed. I woke up to the police dept coming threw my door and telling me I was being arrested for leaving my children unattended. See their father had decided to leave while I was sleeping and go work on race cars and go to that nights race. I spent one night in jail and ended up with probation and a warning from the judge to leave my ex! He spent almost a yr in county jail. The kids ended up with an amazing foster family that made me very welcome in their home to have meals with the kids and help with night time routines! I was blessed to have such a great family end up fostering my kids. But the family decided to stop being foster parent's because they didnt agree with the foster care system. Diane came to me and said she wanted to take custody of the children so they didnt end up in another foster home and I agreed thinking that she would also allow me unlimited access to my children and when I was stable on my feet again not fight me for custody.
Now I have joint custody of my children and not allowed to see them as they move and change numbers so I can have no contact. I also tried to add them on fb and was blocked.
The few far and in between visit's I have had the kids cry kick and scream they do not want to go back. They are made to call Diane and Paul mommy and daddy and me Jeannie. I have seen awful pics if the kids looking dirty and unkept.
There was a instance where their home was raided for drugs I went to court and filed a order of protection for my children and they retailated with accusing my then 7 yr old son (who I have custody of) of touching his sister inappropriatly he had to be served with a stay away by a cop and had to go to court to answer the charges. I dropped my order of protection so they wouldnt put my 7 yr old threw that. And they dropped their suit.
Jeannie

New York, NY

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Fast forward to today. I have custody of my two oldest children. They attend school everyday and involved in sports and other things. I am buying my own home and happily married. Worked at my current job as a PCA at an adult assisted living home for 5 yrs and have got my GED. I have the room and capable of taking proper care of all 5 of my children.

If anyone has any info that could help me gain full custody of my children please contact me at

jean_pepper@ymail.com
or my fb page https://www.facebook.com/ #!/JeanBarr2003
Tasha

Bellevue, WA

#15 Feb 10, 2013
keri get a hold of me on fb sweetie i have some info for u it is from 2011 but it could help .
smalltownliving

Canajoharie, NY

#16 Feb 10, 2013
I think the conditions there at the moment are not great, now would be the time to have social services check on the kids. We see the kids playing outside they appear to be okay happy and fed, but the living conditions do not appear to be the greatest, I also think there is a teenage girl who seems to be picked on. I see them out in the street playing and she is always the one left out. I live across the street in the gray house I do not know them and do not have children of my own. I do know it looks like they make the kids do a lot of chores and walking of dogs, not a bad thing but adults can shovel snow too and walk dogs once in awhile
Tasha

Bellevue, WA

#17 Feb 10, 2013
And yes lee does call them "bitches" bastards" and she calls the older girl a "slut" she mistrears them kids like there is no tomorrpw. Her daughter Tessa is always dirty and she calls her a "scrub" she don't deserve her kids eitger.
Jeannie

New York, NY

#18 Feb 10, 2013
Mine is the oldest and my poor daughter has so many issues it isnt funny and that enviroment is not good for her at all
smalltownliving

Canajoharie, NY

#19 Feb 10, 2013
are all the children across the street someone else's? Because if that's the case please go do something to get your children back.
Keri

Canajoharie, NY

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Yea none of the children their are theirs the only ones they have is Leanne and joe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canajoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
throwback thursday! 11 hr wowthistown 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 18 hr Lol 16,781
Bridge Thu barefoot 6
Defamation of character in print Wed mullet 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Renison celebrates 99th birthday Wed Nina 1
darcy Rouse Aug 26 Wonder882 5
•••
•••
•••

Canajoharie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canajoharie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE