Someday

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

I tried that "Lisa's" out on Erie Blvd. a few times and I have to say that the food sucks. If the cooking was half as nice as the owner, it would be a wonderful place to eat, but sadly, the food is terrible.
The macaroni and cheese had NO taste. It was very strange, I had to eat something else to make sure there was nothing wrong with me! I was eating the mac and cheese and I swear you couldn't taste anything. STRANGE.
The mashed potatoes that they make? They are completely disgusting. I don't understand how you can make them wrong, but they figured it out. They were sticky and gross. It's a small enough place that they could make home made food the proper way.

The sloppy joes suck too...

But once again, the owner is very nice and she works very hard. Hopefully they start taste testing the food before selling it, but I won't be eating there anymore, to many terrible meals, and no more chances for them.

The village restaurant has decent food. The breakfast is great. The meatloaf sandwich at lunch time sucks though... they must not make it fresh. The staff are friendly, the people that linger in there are creepy as hell. To bad they can't just go in there, sit and eat, and get out. They stretch out a cup of coffee for an hour.

Gino's is ok. They have had some local dirtbags as waitresses though. For that reason, I never ate inside. Lilly was cute, but I heard they fired her..

Mercato's ... never ate there.. I will have to check it out.
easy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

i have worked at restaurant's before going to college, all i can say is it is not easy work. people on the outside looking in think it is easy but it sucks, you will get people judging on things like this but they have no idea what it is like to have to cook for 25-40 people at a time. one person has high blood pressure one has food allergies one doesn't and can drink or eat dairy. i say make your food at home then i understand that you want to go out and eat and you are paying but really these people are just trying to make a liveing in a shit town give them a break! also as far as makeing stuff fresh how do you really plan for that i a city ok you have a mass of people so it would sell! in canjo or the small towns who knows what it the day will bring. i have all so worked in fast food when i was in h.s. the funny thing is people eat that shit all the time and never complain or will just keep going back but the small mom and pop place's we all want perfection and at a low price! get a life people!!!
Lynn

Canajoharie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Mercatos one of the worst Place to eat in canajo
UNREAL

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

easy wrote:
i have worked at restaurant's before going to college, all i can say is it is not easy work. people on the outside looking in think it is easy but it sucks, you will get people judging on things like this but they have no idea what it is like to have to cook for 25-40 people at a time. one person has high blood pressure one has food allergies one doesn't and can drink or eat dairy. i say make your food at home then i understand that you want to go out and eat and you are paying but really these people are just trying to make a liveing in a shit town give them a break! also as far as makeing stuff fresh how do you really plan for that i a city ok you have a mass of people so it would sell! in canjo or the small towns who knows what it the day will bring. i have all so worked in fast food when i was in h.s. the funny thing is people eat that shit all the time and never complain or will just keep going back but the small mom and pop place's we all want perfection and at a low price! get a life people!!!
Get a life? I have a life, and a very good one. Is it asking to much for decent food? That place doesn't have decent food, it basically sucks. I'm not concerned with the prices either. I'll pay whatever for good food. I didn't say it was easy work. I said she works hard, and she is very nice. Maybe you need to RE-READ my post college girl! You were not an English major it appears. I understand that you can't make tons of food because of not knowing what the day will bring as you stated, but WHAT YOU DO MAKE, MAKE IT WELL!!! If it sells out, then it does. How about that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Canajoharie Forum right now

Search the Canajoharie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 53 min Billy O Liar 16,774
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Billy O Liar 6,357
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Billy O Liar 6,337
Who is this Jordan kid that thinks he's all that? 4 hr Helpforyou 7
What happened? 21 hr curious 6
FortPlain Boycott Tue taxed to death 4
Who is the hottest guy in Fort Plain, and Canjo??? (Aug '10) Mon hiya66 229
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Montgomery County was issued at July 23 at 2:20PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Canajoharie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canajoharie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••