Martinez's chief of staff heard offering state jobs to friends

Posted in the Canada de los Alamos Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2012
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2754914.s...

It's called political business and here in NM it is the standard thing they do.

The two worst in recent times as Bill Richardson and Marty Chavez.

But regardless of party it is done at all levels including President Obama, yes folks he gave many jobs to unqualified friends, most quit by now.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 6, 2012
I look forward to what the Atty Gen (King) comes up with. Bregman is no pillar of society either, but if this CoS clown is guilty he should be shitcanned.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#3 Sep 6, 2012
I'm not a politician, but as a businessman that is the worst thing to do. You don't hire friends because most often they take advantage of the friendship and become lazy or goof off, etc. knowing their friend who got them the job will let them slide.

But this is politics and most often practical business is never part of the equation.

However there are times when you trust your friend more than someone who might look good on paper.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
http://www.kob.com/article/sto ries/S2754914.shtml?cat=500
It's called political business and here in NM it is the standard thing they do.
The two worst in recent times as Bill Richardson and Marty Chavez.
But regardless of party it is done at all levels including President Obama, yes folks he gave many jobs to unqualified friends, most quit by now.
Well, Obama wasn't qualified either, so what did you expect? lol

Location hidden

#5 Sep 6, 2012
justice is just a choice wrote:
I'm not a politician, but as a businessman that is the worst thing to do. You don't hire friends because most often they take advantage of the friendship and become lazy or goof off, etc. knowing their friend who got them the job will let them slide.
But this is politics and most often practical business is never part of the equation.
However there are times when you trust your friend more than someone who might look good on paper.
Wow, I really must be losing it. I actually agree with you on something!

Location hidden

#6 Sep 6, 2012
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I really must be losing it. I actually agree with you on something!
Dr. Blunty says for you to take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

I'm sure by that time you will have gained it all back and feel better.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#7 Sep 6, 2012
I'm starting to feel kind of sorry for Susana. Really. I think the people who got her into office are demonstrating that they never were honest and that she's being used as a tool.

I wonder how long it will take her to figure that out.

I miss Bruce King. At least he was entertaining. Too bad his son has all the charm and apparent wit of a bucket of cold spit.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Sep 6, 2012
The Finance Authority scandal just recently broke, and now this.

It's time for the Governor to show us what she is made of by cleaning house. If she fails to clean house, then it will be obvious that all she brings is just a different flavour of the same old political sleaze and ineptitude that New Mexico typically suffers from.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#9 Sep 6, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
It's time for the Governor to show us what she is made of by cleaning house. If she fails to clean house, then it will be obvious that all she brings is just a different flavour of the same old political sleaze and ineptitude that New Mexico typically suffers from.
I seriously doubt that Susanna is going to "clean house". The only thing that Susanna has shown is that she is GREAT at cutting funding for New Mexicans that are most in need, the disabled and elderly.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#10 Sep 6, 2012
Now this is my opinion, but could be factual if you really think about it.

When Susana was District Attorney she was in a position to really cause a person problems. She also had the goods on a ton of people, obviously, she got into the system saw the good ol' boy network in action and used it against all of them which is how she railroaded a lot of judges and other lawyers out of Las Cruces.

So she becomes governor and she thinks she can do the same thing except she's now up against a slew of lawyers, politicians, who all know the system better than her and she is getting her ass handed to her.

Yes I know my opinion of her is incredibly biased, but when she has a legal duty to do what is right by the law and comply with it something she swore to do it shows to me and would hope to everyone else that she never thinks anything through. She just acts because she wants what she wants and will do practically anything to get it and doesn't care who she hurts along the way.

Just left of right we may have differed on somethings or well one specific thing, but that's over now or at least I think it is still no official order...

Location hidden

#11 Sep 7, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
Agreed!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
Agreed, with all the BS being uncovered its time she does some house cleaning if she wants another term. I expected more from her administration than this.

Although with Bregman as one of the early candidates (so it seems) that may not be hard to overcome for her.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#13 Sep 7, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I seriously doubt that Susanna is going to "clean house". The only thing that Susanna has shown is that she is GREAT at cutting funding for New Mexicans that are most in need, the disabled and elderly.
As you often do, you view the issue, and others, from one perspective only. I'll not bother elaborating on the matter as it wouldn't change your mind.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#14 Sep 7, 2012
The "Martinez effect" continues...

Location hidden

#15 Sep 7, 2012
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
The "Martinez effect" continues...
The SWAMP Mans effect continues.....

Hey Daniel how goes life back in the South, BBQ any gators lately?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 7, 2012
Susana is still wayyyyy better than Richardson or Do Nothing Denish would have been.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#17 Sep 7, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
Susana is still wayyyyy better than Richardson or Do Nothing Denish would have been.
She's only halfway through her term. Give her time.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#18 Sep 7, 2012
walterfm wrote:
<quoted text>
She's only halfway through her term. Give her time.
Perhaps, only time will tell, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt - on ~most~ matters. If there's dirt I suspect King will find it, and if valid so be it!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 7, 2012
If the potential job seeker is qualified, he should get the job, friend or no. Sounds like Gardner was going to consult with someone (Ryan) and not merely make the decision on his own.

Love the way the news media tells the story as Gardner giving state "jobs" to friends...when the recording mentions exactly one person, and one potential job.

Pretty thin.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
The SWAMP Mans effect continues.....
Hey Daniel how goes life back in the South, BBQ any gators lately?
Deep fried gator tail nuggets are tasty, especially with some nice hush puppies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canada de los Alamos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Katia 55,508
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Mister Chix 106,426
Voter ID ordinances fails to pass 2 hr Nobody 11
Review: Adobe Family Practice - Robert Walantas MD (Jul '11) 6 hr Suspicious Review 61
Nov 2014 Elections-Judge Rosemary A. Cosgrove-A... 7 hr Albuquerque Voter 1
Parents upset over graphic anti-abortion ad nea... 10 hr godless by choice 22
Albuquerque VA Hospital Cutting Beds 12 hr oh oh 1

Canada de los Alamos Jobs

Canada de los Alamos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Canada de los Alamos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Canada de los Alamos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]