who cares

Waltham, MA

#1 Apr 2, 2006
The valley inn is issuing bad checks to their employees. We had direct deposit available-(which I did) and I jsut looked at my bank statement. The payroll check bounced-and I ended up with almost negative 200.00 in my account! I found out on the day we were expected to get paid again---well guess what-culd not cash that one either insufficient funds. I think instead of caring about how much money they are putting into the hotel for renovations (it's in the millions) they should worry more about having the people that make the place run happy and secure-and this is not the way to do it. There are at least 12 (I'm sure there are more)checks that can not be cashed because of this prooblem-they actually asked employees not to cash their checks b/c it would not go through-I guess they think we are independantly wealthy and don;t need the money.And telling it to a person who has a wife 2 kids and a baby thats 2 days old now is a little rude. The big guys are still getting paid-so who cares about us little people!
Whats up

Suncook, NH

#2 Apr 2, 2006
who cares wrote:
The valley inn is issuing bad checks to their employees. We had direct deposit available-(which I did) and I jsut looked at my bank statement. The payroll check bounced-and I ended up with almost negative 200.00 in my account! I found out on the day we were expected to get paid again---well guess what-culd not cash that one either insufficient funds. I think instead of caring about how much money they are putting into the hotel for renovations (it's in the millions) they should worry more about having the people that make the place run happy and secure-and this is not the way to do it. There are at least 12 (I'm sure there are more)checks that can not be cashed because of this prooblem-they actually asked employees not to cash their checks b/c it would not go through-I guess they think we are independantly wealthy and don;t need the money.And telling it to a person who has a wife 2 kids and a baby thats 2 days old now is a little rude. The big guys are still getting paid-so who cares about us little people!
it would seem that the hotels of New Hampshire Have issues.
1. Having to hire alien workers so as not to have to pay a living wage. Bad for the profit margin.
2. Not keeping the help that they have because they might have to pay more for people who are trained and expereinced.
3. Actually paying the help that they have. At least 3 New Hampshire Hotels have had payroll checks bounce. Must be a new bussiness model. Can't figure out how it helps the bottom line to bounce checks when you have to pay late fees and bank charges.
resident in waterville

Waltham, MA

#3 Apr 2, 2006
This is unbelievable. I always thought th Valley Inn had a good reputation--I guess they won't after this. It's appalling to know that a business can do this to their employees, and think it's ok.
who cares wrote:
The valley inn is issuing bad checks to their employees. We had direct deposit available-(which I did) and I jsut looked at my bank statement. The payroll check bounced-and I ended up with almost negative 200.00 in my account! I found out on the day we were expected to get paid again---well guess what-culd not cash that one either insufficient funds. I think instead of caring about how much money they are putting into the hotel for renovations (it's in the millions) they should worry more about having the people that make the place run happy and secure-and this is not the way to do it. There are at least 12 (I'm sure there are more)checks that can not be cashed because of this prooblem-they actually asked employees not to cash their checks b/c it would not go through-I guess they think we are independantly wealthy and don;t need the money.And telling it to a person who has a wife 2 kids and a baby thats 2 days old now is a little rude. The big guys are still getting paid-so who cares about us little people!
I am wondering

Suncook, NH

#4 Apr 3, 2006
How can anyone do that to employess and why would you when you are going to ruin your business and your (former) reputation of having a great hotel. I am sure the manager and the top people did get paid but do that to the people who are really doing the work not just sitting behind a desk and pushing papers. The Valley Inn has to remember if it wasn't for those people that place wouldn't be running. Looks like ther reputation will no longer be on the level anymore. Not in my eyes . I don't deal well with this. I can't imagine myself going through this especailly if I had a family. It is hard enough making ends meet as it is but having your workplace dothis. The Valley Inn is a place I have been but I won't go back. They have lost my business.
betty boop

Waltham, MA

#5 Apr 12, 2006
well--the phones have been turned off because the bills have not been paid--people were finally able to cash their paychecks 1-2 weeks after receiving them--pretty soon the computers are goingt o go too. If you have any relatives reserved there to look at their wonderful remodeled lobby that may be all they see because it will be closed.
not happy

Suncook, NH

#6 Apr 12, 2006
betty boop wrote:
well--the phones have been turned off because the bills have not been paid--people were finally able to cash their paychecks 1-2 weeks after receiving them--pretty soon the computers are goingt o go too. If you have any relatives reserved there to look at their wonderful remodeled lobby that may be all they see because it will be closed.
I tried calling to reserve another room for friend of mine for Easter and the phones were shut off. What kind of hotel is this. My friends have stayed there for the last 4 yrs. Is the new management running this hotel??? I will find out because this has never happened before. If it is get out of the business because youdon't know what the h--- you are doing.
annonymous

Waltham, MA

#7 Apr 16, 2006
well-the phones have been off for a few days---isn't that illegal for them to have guests in house weith no service--in case of emergency? Paychecks were finally able to clear (it took about 2 weeks to clear a 70.00 check) now the account is closed....hmmmmmmmmm the owners who spend big money there must not be happy about this if they can't use the phone.....whats next the electricity, water, cable?
Former Guest-Many Years

Waltham, MA

#8 May 6, 2006
I am wondering wrote:
How can anyone do that to employess and why would you when you are going to ruin your business and your (former) reputation of having a great hotel. I am sure the manager and the top people did get paid but do that to the people who are really doing the work not just sitting behind a desk and pushing papers. The Valley Inn has to remember if it wasn't for those people that place wouldn't be running. Looks like ther reputation will no longer be on the level anymore. Not in my eyes . I don't deal well with this. I can't imagine myself going through this especailly if I had a family. It is hard enough making ends meet as it is but having your workplace dothis. The Valley Inn is a place I have been but I won't go back. They have lost my business.
HERE'S MY COMMENT!
OF COURSE IT IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! THE OLD MANAGEMENT WOULD NEVER HAVE LET THESE PROBLEMS GO ON! Timeshare is the new wonder at Valley Inn and it hasn't been a good match. Nothing is the way it used to be. We will not be returning either. Looking for new vacation destinations!
Daniel

Campton, NH

#9 Aug 6, 2015
Former Guest-Many Years wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE'S MY COMMENT!
OF COURSE IT IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT! THE OLD MANAGEMENT WOULD NEVER HAVE LET THESE PROBLEMS GO ON! Timeshare is the new wonder at Valley Inn and it hasn't been a good match. Nothing is the way it used to be. We will not be returning either. Looking for new vacation destinations!
Actually the valley inn has not been into timeshare since 2006 (under the old management.) New management is operating as a hotel and fulfilling the contrasts of the 100 or so timeshare owners.
Oldpost

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 27, 2015
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the valley inn has not been into timeshare since 2006 (under the old management.) New management is operating as a hotel and fulfilling the contrasts of the 100 or so timeshare owners.
You commented on a 2006 post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Support Sununu for governor (Oct '15) 46 min jls 40
NEW coffee shop Sat Dogman 3
hockey program terminated???? Nov 28 Gordie Howe 2
News The Campaign Trail (Feb '16) Oct '16 Kolj 70
Stone Property Management Arrests (Oct '12) Oct '16 Maxman1 617
George A Ober's Knotty Pine Cabins (Sep '06) Oct '16 Rebecca 78
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31

Campton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campton Mortgages