First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2012
In wolfe county has anyone else had problems with farm bureau adjusters? It has been two weeks now and still no one has called or came around to check the damage to our property. We contacted them the day after and contacted then again today. They did our neighbors this weekend. I am a little disappointed with them. I realize that West Liberty and Magoffin and Menifee come first, as it should be. But They could have called in other adjusters from other counties that were not hit to help. That is the way most companies work during a time of dire disaster.
I can't complain about thier car claims adjuster as we got a fair settlement and they were fairly quick.
mee too

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2012
They have added 4 extra adjusters in the Wolfe Co area today. If u wanna email me I will see if I can help [email protected]
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#3 Mar 19, 2012
mee too wrote:
They have added 4 extra adjusters in the Wolfe Co area today. If u wanna email me I will see if I can help [email protected]
We talked to the local office today in person. They didn't say anything about adding more adjusters. They are still giving us the run around of when they can. They said they are getting to you as your name comes up on the computer. That is not right. It should be by date when you informed them you had damage. I just hope it is soon as I found out today that I have a hole around my bathroom fan and that is the reason it leaks. Thank goodness that is the only leak we have. But more importantly Thank God we didn't have more damage than we did and no one was hurt.
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#4 Mar 21, 2012
This waiting around while the adjusters talk to my neighbors is getting old. While I am extremely thankful that I do have a place I can live in and that my life was spared, it gets old. If they added four more adjusters I would like to know where they are at. I know they are doing the best they can but they could be better.
I saw to many competitors in my neighborhood the first monday after the storms and tornado.
mee too

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2012
Email me or tell me ur name and I will help!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Mar 22, 2012
Who ever came up with insurance should be shot. If you end up not needing it, you are basically giving money away for nothing and then if you do need it, you cant get them to help you unless there is a galatic alignment and you stand on your head, spin around and jump out a window.
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#7 Mar 22, 2012
Finally the adjuster came this morning. He was nice and polite guy from Florida. He didn't have the authority to write checks so we will not get an estimate until monday at the earliest. But that is a step in the right direction.
I have the feeling his estimate will be low compared to the one we got. We were told by the contractor that the beige color of our siding was hard to match and as such would have to have all four sides done. We just had two sides heavily damaged. The adjuster told us just the opposite. I sure hope he knows what he is talking about as I want all four sides to match in color. Somehow I doubt that he does any more than the insurance company as they don't do contracting work.
I still think they could have done better. Like I told my neighbor I saw to many little green cars in the neighborhood the monday after the storms. It took farm bureau a whole lot longer.
Again let me state how thankful I am for my house, and that God saw fit to spare me and my neighbors and family from harm. I realize I could have been in west liberty or menifee county or magoffin county and then where would I be? Thank you God for sparing us.
lol

West Liberty, KY

#8 Mar 22, 2012
Heavy damage? A Bird could fly into Plastic siding and make a hole in it,if it was wood it wouldn't even been touched.
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#9 Mar 22, 2012
In my neighborhood the only houses that didn't have heavy damage where brick houses or older trailors with metal siding. Even they have some damage such as chipped brick, or dents not to mention all of us had windows broke out. Mine was the only vinyl siding house that didn't recieve what I call heavy damage on all four sides.
The west side of my house looks like someone took baseballs and shot them from some kind of cannons at it. The other side is not much better. To me the fact that I can live in my house means that I didn't get heavy damage.
KFB

West Liberty, KY

#10 Mar 22, 2012
It is very likley that the reason that you saw other adjusters in the neighborhood is because Kentucky Farm Bureau insures the vast majority of homee, farms, and automobiles in Wolfe County.
It would stand to reason that it is going to take them a bit longer than other companies.
If you are not satified with the settlement they offer you, then I am sure that you can go to arbitration or try to work it out with the agent and the claims office.
It is a very difficult job, I imagine, to look at damage on the vast majority of homes, barns, garages, and vehicles in the county to ascertain what it is going to cost to repair it.
DEBRA

West Liberty, KY

#11 Mar 22, 2012
THAT COMPANY IS A JOKE I AM SWITCHING
KFB

West Liberty, KY

#12 Mar 22, 2012
Why do you think that Farm Bureau is a joke - have they done something that has made you unhappy or have they done something that is incorrect?
Just curious as to why you would call them a joke!!
yep

West Liberty, KY

#13 Mar 23, 2012
AHH, some peole would complain if you shit a gold turd in their plate.
Lick

West Liberty, KY

#14 Mar 24, 2012
yep wrote:
AHH, some peole would complain if you shit a gold turd in their plate.
My ice cream is too cold!!
local girl

Campton, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2012
Their home insurance is really good. If they wanted to pay for all sides to match then I am sure u will get a nice check to do with what ever u please..dont look a gift horse in the mouth..American Modern Homes is good insurance..we have it...and we also got a nice 2012 Silverado to drive while the vehicle was being fixed too..
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#16 Mar 28, 2012
local girl wrote:
Their home insurance is really good. If they wanted to pay for all sides to match then I am sure u will get a nice check to do with what ever u please..dont look a gift horse in the mouth..American Modern Homes is good insurance..we have it...and we also got a nice 2012 Silverado to drive while the vehicle was being fixed too..
The adjuster finally came a week ago, I might add, and told us no that they would not pay for siding on all four sides. That is ok. We found out this past weekend that the siding can be matched good enough for us. It won't be perfect match but then the siding we have on the house is already ten years old so what do you expect.
We talked to the adjuster yesterday and he said he hasn't even turned in his paperwork on our house. He was here last tuesday. Our neighbor said that his hadn't been turned in either and that they came over to his house after coming to ours on the same day.
Does American Modern Homes also insure cars, barns and outbuildings as well as homes? Do they have a local agent in the area? This is a new insurance company for me. I have never heard of them.

“"Lookin' Over Yonder"”

Since: Apr 11

High on the Mountain

#17 Mar 28, 2012
I feel for all of the people getting the run around from FB.
I wrecked my vehicle several years ago and it had to be put in the shop for repairs. It took four days to get a vehicle to use while the repairs were being made. Then it was a POS, way to go FB... They sure want your payment but no service on the other end of the stick...
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#18 Mar 28, 2012
mntn mn wrote:
I feel for all of the people getting the run around from FB.
I wrecked my vehicle several years ago and it had to be put in the shop for repairs. It took four days to get a vehicle to use while the repairs were being made. Then it was a POS, way to go FB... They sure want your payment but no service on the other end of the stick...
We have had several car claims over the years and they have been great. One claim was over 14,000.00 as I was almost killed in a one car wreck that no one knows what happen. They paid quickly and didn't even bat an eye. We have rented several cars in the past and I will admit that is usually left up to us to do, not them. But we can give the rental a claim number and it goes directly to them again no questions asked.
We had a house fire about three years ago, again no problem.
I realize that this is different with all the damage around us. I am willing to give them a break. But I think not having your paper work turned in a week after you came to assess the damage seems a little improper to me. Every job I have ever worked that worked with the public, if you had paperwork, it was done the same day it was started and you didn't leave to go home until it was done. I smell something fishy here. I talked to an older lady that worked insurance years ago. She said she knew things had changed in the thirty years since she worked in insurance and that this was a special time, but that was not proper protocol. Something was not right about it. We will see.

“"Lookin' Over Yonder"”

Since: Apr 11

High on the Mountain

#19 Mar 28, 2012
In my case the Agent said they would take care of it and it was rented off of a used car lot in Irvine. Not Avis ,Enterprise or a reputable car rental business, also this was in PoCo and not in Wolfe.
I realize there has been a lot of damage in the surrounding counties but come on three weeks is a long time to wait for a adjuster. Surely they could have brought in more to help expedite these claims. Also I am sure not every abode or shack in in the county is insured by FB...
anyone else

West Liberty, KY

#20 Mar 28, 2012
They did bring in extra people. From texas and florida. Why didn't they bring them in from other parts of kentucky?
THe following day in my community (outside of the city limits) I saw a lot of other companies cars in the area. I am sure they wasn't just working on car claims. I especially saw a lot of geico cars not only in campton but hazel green as well as other areas.
FB did wonderful with the cars. They had seen us and settled with us withing a week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suboxen 1 hr Not My Thing 4
Alicia Parks Sun bareback 5
wat happened Sun Thankful 3
Truck Drivers (Jan '10) Sun Lajuana 21
Campton country kitchen (Mar '17) Oct 14 sean connery 10
Where is Sidney Denton ,does any one know how t... Oct 13 Wondering 1
Hannah Oct 12 Just saying 3

Campton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance