Does Campton have any haunted houses,...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LaDyHaWKe

Manchester, KY

#41 Aug 20, 2009
Theres a little grey house that sets on the left on 1812 stillwater that is very haunted, its so haunted no one can live in it, i use to live there, i seen many things there and i left light on too, my mother passed away in that house and she haunts it also, very scary place for real. u will know the house cuz its got grey tarepapper sidding on it, use to have two huge pines in front of it but one fell now theres only one, and its well is white cement blocks. no one has lived in it now for years, stay a few nights in it and u will meet 2 ghosts, a man ghost who i do not know, and my mother.
Mammaws house

Greenville, KY

#42 Aug 21, 2009
I know the house you are speaking of Ladyhawke. That is very true because I have heard stories from several people that stayed there while you lived there. I myself never had the opportunity but I know the people that told me those things that happened wouldn't have lied about it.
wondering

United States

#43 Aug 21, 2009
what house are you talking about at Sandy Ridge?
LaDyHaWKe

Clay City, KY

#44 Aug 21, 2009
i use to live on mullinspoint road, the first house as u get to top of the hill, i have walked down that hill many a night carrying my sick baby to walk to campton to doctor maddix office, some nights it would be so black u couldnt see ur hand before ur face, the only thing i ever feared was maybe walking into a rabid animal, never seen or hear no ghosts, so that hill is not haunted. i know becuz if it was i would have seen or heard a ghost, and i lived there a long time. lee roberts lived in the next house up, only scare i got while living there was when i seen strange light appear on our cieling, but it was only jr king wrecked his car over the hill and it was on its side and the headlights shining through our windows. he was ok though.
know

Ezel, KY

#45 Sep 3, 2012
I know the firehouse in Campton is haunted. I and many others have heard strange things there.
True

Macon, GA

#46 Sep 4, 2012
Dessie Scott. The long building that faces the road to the Red River Gorge. Night watchmen there have seen many things. Mr. Hobbs was one of them. Seen images of people. Lights turned on and off by themselves. The firehouse also has strange things going on
Ellem

Versailles, KY

#47 Sep 4, 2012
As a kid, I lived at the very end of Big Andy, which is out Rogers. You could always here someone or something walking upstairs when you were downstairs. We didn't have a phone when the house burnt, but somehow the fire department got called from the house. While it was burning you could see a demonic face in the flames and you could also hear a telephone ringing...there was no phone in the home.

My granny also used to live out Flat Mary. There is an older house that is on the left a little ways down the road. I'll never go in there after what all she has told me. She claimed that there was a baby that would appear directly in front of your eyes and be laying in the floor, screaming to the top of it's lungs. About the time it would begin to appear the walls would turn to blood.

Since: Jul 10

Newcomerstown, OH

#48 Sep 4, 2012
Flat Mary is actually two seperate places, Flat and Mary.
Mean

United States

#49 Sep 6, 2012
Yes the building facing the gorge at dessie is haunted I work there an there is weird shit that happens in the other cottages to
scary yes or no

West Liberty, KY

#50 Sep 14, 2012
i live in a house that has all kinds of noises the up stairs door opens and shuts the kitchen wall gets banged on the tv goes on and off all sorts of noises dont see nothing just hear things i live in town in a old house dont know no history just know we hear all these things the bible says the dead know nothing but also in the old bible people saw dead people and talked to then and didnt Jesus see 2 profits and talk to them so really who are we to say they are not spirts on this earth some thinge make u wonder
former resident

United States

#51 Oct 2, 2012
I have experienced some strange noises in the old abandoned rock quarry in Glen Clarin and some times if you walk through old Campton burial ground (behind Campton First Church of God) at night you sometimes can feel someone following you around and back to your car. Also the graveyard over in Flat Mary you get weird vibes at night.
hey

Morehead, KY

#52 Oct 4, 2012
former resident wrote:
I have experienced some strange noises in the old abandoned rock quarry in Glen Clarin and some times if you walk through old Campton burial ground (behind Campton First Church of God) at night you sometimes can feel someone following you around and back to your car. Also the graveyard over in Flat Mary you get weird vibes at night.
Which graveyard in Flat Mary?
Do not follow this

West Liberty, KY

#53 Apr 15, 2015
The closer you get to the Bloody Creeks or to Flat Mary, the closer you get to sincere demonic haunting. That land is cursed. All of it. Be warned. These are no places for casual ghost hunters to roam. You won't be facing ghosts on these creeks. You will be facing the devil, Satan, or possibly even worse if you go snooping there. The whole area is filled with legends of good men confronting hell-born evil. Often with bloody endings. It's one of those places where you can go as a tourist looking for haunting-fun and leave, if you are lucky, as a born-again christian because of your experience. And those will be the lucky ones. Even Appalachian explorer tourists never go back to that place. It will make your blood crawl, it puts a fear into you that is primal, few people have the courage to visit that place twice. Those that live there seem to be strangely immune to the effect. But don't fooled. Even they have no interest in camping out. Especially around the falls and the valley below it. This land is cursed, all of it. It belongs to the devil, thus the names all of the places have. Big Bloody Creek, Little Bloody Creek, Suicide Hollow, I could go on and on. None of these places got their names lightly. It was always through madness, and possessed insanity. It is the most haunted and demon possessed place in Kentucky. If you are a tourist, stick with the trails around Natural Bridge. Don't venture further east into Flat Mary. It may provide the finest sights available in the Red River Gorge area, but it comes with a price if you are caught in there after night-fall. A price not worth the view.
Man

Richmond, UK

#54 Apr 18, 2015
?
voice of reason

Mount Sterling, KY

#55 Apr 23, 2015
amanda wrote:
i use to live at flat-mary to back from 83-89,and plus some of my family lived there as well,and we seen a UFO up there before.
First, it wasn't a UFO. You don't know what you saw, thus the first word of UFO. Unidentified.
Man

Leicester, UK

#56 May 2, 2015
voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
First, it wasn't a UFO. You don't know what you saw, thus the first word of UFO. Unidentified.
LOL!
nurse2011

West Liberty, KY

#57 May 2, 2015
I have been to Waverly and know u do not get paid for staying the entire night there, I have heard this over and over and it is not true. This place id awesome though we captured several things on camera and video when we went there.
Decoy

West Liberty, KY

#58 Apr 26, 2016
So how did Flat Mary get it's name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogia Tibbs aka lil bit 4 hr Seeking Information 2
Trumps Twitter Fri URKillinUs 2
Campton Music Thread (May '12) Thu Musikologist 31
country kitchen Thu Yuck 16
What does everyone think ofAshley swango (Hend... Sep 20 thatonegirl 1
PVA Examination for nov, 17th Sep 19 MadDad 2
Alicia Parks Sep 18 pisses off momma 1

Campton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance