First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Taxpayer

West Liberty, KY

#1 Feb 25, 2013
I just want to know who thinks they own Wolfe lake the City? the State? the County? and whoever own's it what right do they have denying the public access to it? I pay taxes to the City,County and State and Federal.so here is my problem if I'm paying taxes to every agency who could own it I have the right as a tax payer to be able to gain access to the lake and use it if I want to fish there or just sit in the sun there on the dam and enjoy the view however it seems one of these agency's thinks it belongs to them and they decided to put up a barrier and a fence to keep me and my fellow tax payers off "our" property, is there anyone else who would like to go to our lake and fish or walk around it put your feet in the water Ect Ect?? I wish to do so and as soon as I find out who thinks they own it and put up that fence it will have a gate at least big enough to walk through put in that fence I promise you that.That being said if your agency is the one who put up that fence just go ahead and put in a gate big enough for a person to walk through it before someone from a larger agency comes and tell's you to put one in.OK thank you.
LOL

West Liberty, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2013
That isn't the only place you can get into the lake,I'd rather be on the other end anyway.Now if only people could quit trashing it up,We will have it made.
grizz

Paris, KY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Back in the day this place was great. Family's would come and swim,layout,fish, picnic and have a wonderful day. The grass was cut. It even had some sand for a little beach type area. We called it the kiddie pool.They had restrooms and coke machines too. Trust me this is the truth It really was like that at one time and it can be that way again if the folks in Wolf co.want it bad enough.This place would make the best park,second only to Natural bridge.Why has it gone to hell like it has? Who is responsible for the decline? The City? The County?I saw barricades.Big earthen berms,fences all to keep folks out when it should be open to all and used for what it is. A WOLF Co TREASURE.
dangit

Hazard, KY

#4 Feb 25, 2013
The city is in charge of the lake, the state gave it to the city several years ago
i remember

West Liberty, KY

#5 Feb 25, 2013
I remember when the lake was open to the public...It wasn't as nice as everyone lets on. The bathrooms were never clean and stunk to high heaven. Not only that there was trash everywhere. No one was taking care of it and people got lazy about cleaning up after themselves..But I think the main reason they closed it down was because of the deaths from jumping off the rocks and edges when they shouldn't have. Most of that could have been prevented if the rocks where removed and if they would do a little work on the land around it to prevent the jumping.
Basically this place was a big party place.
partytime

West Liberty, KY

#6 Feb 25, 2013
The lake was a party place - I don't ever remember it being a big family destination. Agree, the bathrooms weren't not very nice.
The rocks are dangerous, but, quite frankly, even if it goes through all the purification, who wants their water source to be a place where people swim?
That just isn't good.
Why would the city, the county, or the state want this to be open because of the liability.
kat

West Liberty, KY

#7 Feb 25, 2013
partytime wrote:
The lake was a party place - I don't ever remember it being a big family destination. Agree, the bathrooms weren't not very nice.
The rocks are dangerous, but, quite frankly, even if it goes through all the purification, who wants their water source to be a place where people swim?
That just isn't good.
Why would the city, the county, or the state want this to be open because of the liability.
Well I won't swim in the lake cause after what I heard was in the lake they say there's fish bigger than to yard sticks put together so would you swim in it
partytime

West Liberty, KY

#8 Feb 25, 2013
I certainly wouldn't swim in it no matter what size the fish were, but swimming in it used to be a major "swimming hole".
That place is not where I would want to take my family. Even if it were clean and not blocked off, what is there to do there?
For the person who was interested in finding out who owns it - just go to a Fiscal Court meeting and ask. Even if the county doesn't own it, they can tell you who does.
know it all

West Liberty, KY

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Gay Camble is over it he ask me and my friends to leave but we was aready on our way out he cought us putting the gate back together and told us not to be in their but our hair and clothes was wet but I gess he wasn't smart enought to put it together that we done been in their and yes its the gay camble over the licker store
boy boy

West Liberty, KY

#10 Feb 28, 2013
partytime wrote:
I certainly wouldn't swim in it no matter what size the fish were, but swimming in it used to be a major "swimming hole".
That place is not where I would want to take my family. Even if it were clean and not blocked off, what is there to do there?
For the person who was interested in finding out who owns it - just go to a Fiscal Court meeting and ask. Even if the county doesn't own it, they can tell you who does.
I hate that hell hole like what good is it for
Taxpayer

West Liberty, KY

#11 Mar 2, 2013
partytime wrote:
That just isn't good.
There are no Liability's if it's owned by the People no one ever got sued for falling off a cliff in the gorge did they?? NO. no one has ever been sued for anything concerning the Lake who is going to try to do that it's not winnable in a court of Law,The city or County or State or Federal Government can't stop you from making a decision for yourself good or bad last Time I heard people walk around making decisions for themselves about every minute, And you drink a lot worse stuff than water people swim in if you drink water from any water purification plant sorry to bust your bubble there you might want too read whats in your so called purified water.You Do read don't you? it seems you do sense you read things on here maybe you just don't read other stuff?? Reading is a good thing, science and Law are other good things to read try it Oh yea and common sense helps also narrow minded people are like Nazis they are everywhere now day's it seems,You know we have one running the country now or maybe you just like being told what you can and can't do here in a place we used to call America Home of the free and the brave, there is a word for people who think like you do it's called "SHEEP" step right into this little gate here now and this won't hurt a bit, Oh yea you are probably one of those people who thinks people shouldn't own gun's ether,Bahhaaaaaa Bahaaaaa, Kill me now please! Yea take a good look in the Mirror what do you see? do you have a reflection ? the least you can be is an American and not a Nazi!
partytime

West Liberty, KY

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no Liability's if it's owned by the People no one ever got sued for falling off a cliff in the gorge did they?? NO. no one has ever been sued for anything concerning the Lake who is going to try to do that it's not winnable in a court of Law,The city or County or State or Federal Government can't stop you from making a decision for yourself good or bad last Time I heard people walk around making decisions for themselves about every minute, And you drink a lot worse stuff than water people swim in if you drink water from any water purification plant sorry to bust your bubble there you might want too read whats in your so called purified water.You Do read don't you? it seems you do sense you read things on here maybe you just don't read other stuff?? Reading is a good thing, science and Law are other good things to read try it Oh yea and common sense helps also narrow minded people are like Nazis they are everywhere now day's it seems,You know we have one running the country now or maybe you just like being told what you can and can't do here in a place we used to call America Home of the free and the brave, there is a word for people who think like you do it's called "SHEEP" step right into this little gate here now and this won't hurt a bit, Oh yea you are probably one of those people who thinks people shouldn't own gun's ether,Bahhaaaaaa Bahaaaaa, Kill me now please! Yea take a good look in the Mirror what do you see? do you have a reflection ? the least you can be is an American and not a Nazi!
My, mercy, seems we have a lot of pent up tension or stress there, dear. Appears you might need something a bit more than a swim in the lake to relieve all that.
So amusing that my little statement would lead you to think that I don't want people to own guns - are you serious? Rather convaluted analogy, don't ya think?
Fairly confident that President Obama has very little interest in whether we can swim in a lake in Wolfe County. Until you people get over the fact that this man has been re-elected to another four years in the White House, you are going to stress yourself to the max worrrying about things that are never going to come to fruition. Get over it - fairly sure you will survive it.
just wait

Campton, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2013
THe lawsuits didn't happen because back when those accidents happen people where not sue happy. Now days they are. I think they did the right thing in closing up the lake. Unless they make it safer or have signs saying swim at your own risk and we are not responsible for accidents then keep it close. Other parks etc. have been sued in the past for things such as this. SO get over yourself and find another place to have your drug parties. When it was open to the public, it was mostly drug heads that partied there anyway. About the only time you had anything family oriented there was when some preacher decided to baptize someone there.
SO TRUE

West Liberty, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2013
just wait wrote:
THe lawsuits didn't happen because back when those accidents happen people where not sue happy. Now days they are. I think they did the right thing in closing up the lake. Unless they make it safer or have signs saying swim at your own risk and we are not responsible for accidents then keep it close. Other parks etc. have been sued in the past for things such as this. SO get over yourself and find another place to have your drug parties. When it was open to the public, it was mostly drug heads that partied there anyway. About the only time you had anything family oriented there was when some preacher decided to baptize someone there.
You are so correct! This was never built a park. It is a lake that was intended to a be a source of water. I grew up here in the 60's an 70's. It was nothing more than a party place for alchohol and drugs. And, for the occasional baptizing.
And to imply that no one could be sued is just plain stupid. The major reason the little park downtown does not have a water splash section is the city could not afford the liability insurance. Anyone can be sued for anything even if they are a governmental entity. Might not win, but it is going to cost to defend it.
I agree - the person who is so upset about this need to get over it and find somewhere else to swim if that is what they truly wish to do. I suspect the main purpose of the original post was to start an argument and they certainly succeeded in that!
tbone

Jackson, KY

#15 Mar 3, 2013
Iv,e swimed in that lake 4 year,s I love it down there an I will all way,s swim there an it really is nobody,s bussinness
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#16 Mar 3, 2013
public spaces should be for the public. unfortunately it's not. the govt owns the public spaces. look what happened to occupy.
Mike

West Liberty, KY

#17 Mar 3, 2013
If gay Campbell wasn't such a old dumb alcoholic maby he would realize there is a gap to get into the lake...
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#18 Mar 3, 2013
One should have to slip thru a gap like a common thief for the public's land and water. Make it more accessible to all the people... occupy lost, but I still think, public land... that's OUR land.
tbone

Jackson, KY

#19 Mar 3, 2013
People own the land around wolfe lake not the county
-Masters-

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 3, 2013
If Wolfe Lake is owned by Wolfe Co, then those surrounding owners should offer a passageway. They can't block somebody's land in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liberal 31 min Guest 6
Hillary Clinton 4 hr Just A Hick 35
Danica Patrick 9 hr getitgotitgood 21
Casey cockerham 9 hr Daniel boy 24
lydia mclemore (Apr '14) 16 hr i know 30
looking 19 hr getitgotitgoodubi... 2
is it suppose to snow anymore?! Sun bb1233321 3

Flood Watch for Wolfe County was issued at March 03 at 4:47AM EST

Campton Dating
Find my Match