'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
KYMI

Lansing, MI

#70120 Dec 27, 2012
now hear this wrote:
This fiscal cliff standoff is nothing more than Republican egos playing CHICKEN with the lives of ordinary Americans who will suffer the most if nothing is done.The country will go back into recession and 4 millions Americans will lose unemployment benefits which expire on Dec 29th. Millions of these Americans will be forced into homelessness and complete poverty. THIS IS AN UNACCEPTABLE DISGRACE. Boehner and Co. have their cushy government jobs, courtesy of US taxpayers while the taxpayers that put them there and pay for them to be there go Homeless and get thrown into poverty. Democracy is not working in the USA. The current Congress is controlled by extremist terrorist element ie...the Tea Party.
Now here this, if the repubs don't stand up to the marxist traitors in the senate and W.H., who will? And standing up to them now is an unacceptable disgrace? For who, the low life pigs that live off everybody else or the children who will have to deal with the fiscal irresponsibility of the oblamer regime?
KYMI

Lansing, MI

#70121 Dec 27, 2012
What wrote:
Just wait till millions more have no income,You think the crime rate is bad now..
Congrats all you fkn idiots that voted for Curious George..
Sorry George(Your name has been Disgraced)..
oblamer is intentionally trying to crash the U.S. economy to a rebellous result, otherwise, how can he justify implementing more of socialism and dictatorial powers, the man is an ego maniac, those who support him are intellectually impaired, he said his plan was to fundamentally transform America, to spread the wealth around, he mocks the founding Christian principles of this nation, his actions are intentional and he is doing what he said he would do, the amazing part about it is 63 million Americans just joined the Jonestown kook aid party,
Jay

Paris, TN

#70123 Dec 27, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
NOW CNN ANCHOR WANTS TO AMEND BIBLE
Says Scripture and U.S. Constitution 'inherently flawed'
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/now-cnn-anchor-wan...
LQQKING "cross-eyed" ...
**********

Screwball!

Deport his stupid/ass!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70124 Dec 27, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
NOW CNN ANCHOR WANTS TO AMEND BIBLE
Says Scripture and U.S. Constitution 'inherently flawed'
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/now-cnn-anchor-wan...
LQQKING "cross-eyed" ...
What a nut job!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70125 Dec 27, 2012
obamaclaus wrote:
this fiscal cliff thing is nothing more than the obozoclown playing chicken with americas economy, he knows he is a failure no matter what happens hes just hoping leftwingwhckadoodles are stoopid enuff to blame somebody else for his failures, this country has never been out of recession thanks to a dumbass kenyan idiot, thye unacceptable disgrace is we have a dumbass black kidd thats not man enuff to do the right thing, wheres harry reid, i hope you leftwingwhackadoodles get what you voted for no job and no money to steal from the rich to keep your drug habits going, lonjg live the tea party
Obama has made it clear that raising taxes on the "rich" is a must. This doesn't really disturb me and from what I have read, doesn't seem to even bother the "rich". What is surprising is the liberals who have fallen for this ploy.

Even the White House has acknowledged this will only raise $80 billion per year. As Obama has been spending over a trillion per year, does anyone really believe this is the answer to our fiscal problems? It is a political ploy which Obama started in his campaign and the liberal voters fell for. Increase taxes on the rich! Make the rich pay more! This is the answer to our problems!

It actually tells me a great deal about Obama. His political ploy is more important to him than our fiscal crisis which requires serious cuts. If he gets these tax increases, he will have WON! Sadly, the American people will have LOST!!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#70128 Dec 27, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has made it clear that raising taxes on the "rich" is a must. This doesn't really disturb me and from what I have read, doesn't seem to even bother the "rich". What is surprising is the liberals who have fallen for this ploy.
Even the White House has acknowledged this will only raise $80 billion per year. As Obama has been spending over a trillion per year, does anyone really believe this is the answer to our fiscal problems? It is a political ploy which Obama started in his campaign and the liberal voters fell for. Increase taxes on the rich! Make the rich pay more! This is the answer to our problems!
It actually tells me a great deal about Obama. His political ploy is more important to him than our fiscal crisis which requires serious cuts. If he gets these tax increases, he will have WON! Sadly, the American people will have LOST!!!!
*********

Yup, and the reason half the country cheered Obama into re-election on the basis of tax the rich, is because they wanted to ensure there'd be money there to pay for their benefits.

Little do they know!!! The joke's on them!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70129 Dec 27, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
Yup, and the reason half the country cheered Obama into re-election on the basis of tax the rich, is because they wanted to ensure there'd be money there to pay for their benefits.
Little do they know!!! The joke's on them!
It totally amazes me how gullible they are!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#70130 Dec 27, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling so 'sad' over all this FIGHTING ...!!!
and KILLING ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zk4eQTVNTawXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...


Don't be sad!!!! Please cheer up! I know things are bad but we must just keep at it!

We certainly do not have much to look forward to in the next 4 years, but we will stick together and make a difference!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#70131 Dec 27, 2012
sloopy21 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling so 'sad' over all this FIGHTING ...!!!
and KILLING ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Zk4eQTVNTawXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
*********

Just because these screwball talking heads have the benefit of national television, doesn't mean their opinion is anymore valuable than anyone else's, unless they have undeniable, unquestionable research to back their statements....which half the time they don't.
Syl

Broken Arrow, OK

#70132 Dec 27, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
Yup, and the reason half the country cheered Obama into re-election on the basis of tax the rich, is because they wanted to ensure there'd be money there to pay for their benefits.
Little do they know!!! The joke's on them!
What then? When $80 billion is not enough, that's when he starts coming after the middle class taxes will go up and entitlement programs are cut, or cut out. No more goodies for the lib's who voted him back in and think they ought to have what other people have worked for. That's when it will become clear to them what they have done to themselves.

I bet the hard working people will have a big advantage over them because they have always worked and know how to survive. That's truly when we will need our guns to protect ourselves.
Obama will have the American people all tied up in a neat little package and can do what ever he wants.
Jay

Paris, TN

#70133 Dec 27, 2012
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
What then? When $80 billion is not enough, that's when he starts coming after the middle class taxes will go up and entitlement programs are cut, or cut out. No more goodies for the lib's who voted him back in and think they ought to have what other people have worked for. That's when it will become clear to them what they have done to themselves.
I bet the hard working people will have a big advantage over them because they have always worked and know how to survive. That's truly when we will need our guns to protect ourselves.
Obama will have the American people all tied up in a neat little package and can do what ever he wants.
********

I feel the same as you do. This article might just be the turning point for the coming year, and it ain't good, folks!
*****

According to numbers crunched by the Tax Policy Center, millions of families will take a hit, to varying degrees.

For those making below $10,000, the tax increase amounts to roughly $300. But those making between $40,000 and $50,000 would pay an additional $1,700 in 2013.

Up the pay scale a bit more, households earning $50,000-$75,000 would send an extra $2,300 to Washington. And for those making over $200,000 -- but under $500,000 -- the tax bill will grow by roughly $14,000.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/26/wh...

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#70134 Dec 27, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Go do your drugs...that is exactly why your rational thinking is so far gone its stinking!
Are you mixing them in the KoolAid you be drinking?
Sho nuff! Now you have an excuse...go hit dat stuff!
If I wanted any shit out of you, I'd squeeze your head. Now run along Forrest.
Jay

Paris, TN

#70135 Dec 27, 2012
The left does not like Beck. But why does he always have the papers in front of him to prove his point?

Prove him wrong:

Beck: Obama May Go To Prison




http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!



When the people fear the Government, that is tyranny.
When the Government fears the people, that is Liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#70136 Dec 27, 2012
KYMI wrote:
1.Your Income Tax Rates Will Go Up The expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts on Dec. 31 means nearly every American taxpayer will see their rates go up when the rates go back to their 2001 levels. President Obama’s plan to avert the cliff includes keeping the current rates for middle- and low-income earners, while allowing the rates to increase for the highest income levels from 35 to 39.6 percent. Republicans have pushed to keep the tax cuts for everyone.
2.Your 2012 Tax Bill Will Be Huge As many as 28 million Americans are about to be slammed with the alternative minimum tax because a "patch" to adjust the AMT for inflation will not go into effect unless Congress acts. For middle-class households with kids and earning around $75,000, the AMT will add $3,700 on average to the tax bill for 2012 alone.
3.Your Paycheck Will Be Smaller The first paycheck of the year is going to be smaller for up to 125 million Americans after the Social Security payroll tax holiday expires on Dec. 31, raising the rate from 4.2 to 6.2 percent.
4.Your Tax Refund Will Be Delayed The Internal Revenue Service has said that without a deal by Dec. 31, tax refunds could be delayed for as many as 100 million taxpayers as the government agency scrambles to revise tax forms to reflect the changes post-cliff.
5.Your Kids Will Cost You More Money Among the tax credits that expire on Dec. 31 are several that help lower- and middle-income families with kids, including the Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, and the American Opportunity Credit. All four revert to lower levels on Jan. 1, which could cost families hundreds to thousands of dollars in lost tax credits, according to CNN Money.
6.You Cannot Collect Extended Unemployment As many 2 million unemployed Americans won’t be able to collect extended benefits after Jan. 1, when the federal government’s unemployment extension ends as part of automatic spending cuts.
7.Your Stocks Could Wobble The stock market tumbled on Thursday after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said it looked like the the country was going to go over the fiscal cliff. Uncertainty over taxes could create more market volatility, experts say, but there is a silver lining: The Fed has promised to keep interest rates low for the next year, and that could help stabilize the economy overall.
8.If You Use Medicare, It Will Be Harder To Find A Doctor One of the spending cuts that will be enacted on Jan. 1 is a 30 percent reduction in the rates Medicare pays doctors. According to physicians' groups, the pending change has already sent doctors fleeing some health care plans, Forbes reported.
9.Finding A New Job Will Be More Difficult Mandatory spending cuts slated to start on Jan. 1 will cut into government jobs and jobs dependent on federal contracts. One report from George Mason University estimated that the cuts could cost 2.14 million jobs, the Christian Science Monitor reported.
10.High Earners Will Pay New Taxes For Obamacare High-earning taxpayers will pay a new 3.8 percent tax hike on net investment income, including income from interest, dividends, capital gains, rental and royalty income. Much of that same income group is also subject to a new .9 percent increase in Medicare taxes. These tax hikes are part of the Affordable Care Act and go into effect on Jan. 1.
I don't have a problem with tax rates going back to the 2001 numbers. Actually... I'd prefer they went back to the rates we had during the Reagan years. We were doing GREAT as a nation when those were the tax rates. Why is the idea of a return to those rates such a problem for so many people? Were Americans being taxed into poverty back then? No, we weren't. Please explain hoe those tax rates are going to kill America, when in fact we were quite prosperous with those rates.

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#70137 Dec 27, 2012
KYMI wrote:
Hey libs, hows that fiscal cliff working out for you? More Hope and Change?
News Article:
Fiscal Cliff Tax Hikes Are Not The Only Scary Thing That Could Happen To You On January 1
Here are 10 ways your money could be affected if there is no deal reached by the end of the year:
1.Your Income Tax Rates Will Go Up The expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts on Dec. 31 means nearly every American taxpayer will see their rates go up when the rates go back to their 2001 levels. President Obama’s plan to avert the cliff includes keeping the current rates for middle- and low-income earners, while allowing the rates to increase for the highest income levels from 35 to 39.6 percent. Republicans have pushed to keep the tax cuts for everyone.
2.Your 2012 Tax Bill Will Be Huge As many as 28 million Americans are about to be slammed with the alternative minimum tax because a "patch" to adjust the AMT for inflation will not go into effect unless Congress acts. For middle-class households with kids and earning around $75,000, the AMT will add $3,700 on average to the tax bill for 2012 alone.
3.Your Paycheck Will Be Smaller The first paycheck of the year is going to be smaller for up to 125 million Americans after the Social Security payroll tax holiday expires on Dec. 31, raising the rate from 4.2 to 6.2 percent.
4.Your Tax Refund Will Be Delayed The Internal Revenue Service has said that without a deal by Dec. 31, tax refunds could be delayed for as many as 100 million taxpayers as the government agency scrambles to revise tax forms to reflect the changes post-cliff.
5.Your Kids Will Cost You More Money Among the tax credits that expire on Dec. 31 are several that help lower- and middle-income families with kids, including the Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, Child and Dependent Care Credit, and the American Opportunity Credit. All four revert to lower levels on Jan. 1, which could cost families hundreds to thousands of dollars in lost tax credits, according to CNN Money.
6.You Cannot Collect Extended Unemployment As many 2 million unemployed Americans won’t be able to collect extended benefits after Jan. 1, when the federal government’s unemployment extension ends as part of automatic spending cuts.
7.Your Stocks Could Wobble The stock market tumbled on Thursday after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said it looked like the the country was going to go over the fiscal cliff. Uncertainty over taxes could create more market volatility, experts say, but there is a silver lining: The Fed has promised to keep interest rates low for the next year, and that could help stabilize the economy overall.
8.If You Use Medicare, It Will Be Harder To Find A Doctor One of the spending cuts that will be enacted on Jan. 1 is a 30 percent reduction in the rates Medicare pays doctors. According to physicians' groups, the pending change has already sent doctors fleeing some health care plans, Forbes reported.
9.Finding A New Job Will Be More Difficult Mandatory spending cuts slated to start on Jan. 1 will cut into government jobs and jobs dependent on federal contracts. One report from George Mason University estimated that the cuts could cost 2.14 million jobs, the Christian Science Monitor reported.
10.High Earners Will Pay New Taxes For Obamacare High-earning taxpayers will pay a new 3.8 percent tax hike on net investment income, including income from interest, dividends, capital gains, rental and royalty income. Much of that same income group is also subject to a new .9 percent increase in Medicare taxes. These tax hikes are part of the Affordable Care Act and go into effect on Jan. 1.
I don't mind returning to the tax rates we had under Clinton. I'd actually prefer going back to the rates we had in the 50s. But even with the Clinton rates, we were doing quite well as a nation. Jobs were being created. We were actually chipping away at the deficit. Please explain how this was such a bad thing.

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#70138 Dec 27, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelieveable..
Guess it's all part of the plan(OBAMANATION)..
I'll take the Obamanation over the village idiot being in the oval office ANY DAY!
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#70139 Dec 27, 2012
OneHundredMillion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wanted any shit out of you, I'd squeeze your head. Now run along Forrest.
Hey old person...Squiggy and Lenny called...they want their zinger back.
lol

Glasgow, KY

#70140 Dec 27, 2012
Obama, Reid, Pelosi and all the democrats want us to fall head first over the fiscal cliff. They will then have much more revenue to put toward their agenda. Reid has successfully kept the Senate from passing a budget for our country for the last 3 years which gives Obama a blank check. Higher taxes on all of us gives Obama more money to play with and send to the Muslim Brotherhood rebels. And of course Obama can depend on his dumb ass supporters and his media pals to make sure that they plant the seed that it is the republicans fault. The lame media and the dumb ass Obama crowd will repeat and repeat until the sheep all believe it. You idiots are playing right into the corrupt democrats game and they couldn't be prouder of you dumb asses.

Not one of you dumb ass democrats on this forum caan answe the question...what's Obama's plan if he raises taxes on the rich for a full year and that runs our government for about 9 days out of the year...what's next? Nobody knows. Even Obama hasn't thought that far ahead. He doesn't have to. He knows his idiots will never question his failed policies. They will be good little Obama morons and always blame it on somebody else.

This is our country's mindset and intelligence level, unfortunately. Even Obama was surprised at just how many Americans he could dumb down to the point of no return.

Thank goodness the rest of us are smart enough to be prepared and capable of surviving the onslaught of the Obama failed policies that will take America down the sewer hole and straight into the Obama swamp.

“Can we own everything?”

Since: Dec 12

Santa Cruz, CA

#70141 Dec 27, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey old person...Squiggy and Lenny called...they want their zinger back.
ROFLMAO! You are so clever! I see all your one-liners peppered throughout this thread and I've got to say... you've got serious potential. I think you're gonna be the next George Carlin... of the retards. You're the cleverest kid with down's syndrome. I guess your parents never got the memo that inbreeding often results in developmental disabilities. I'm sure they love you anyway though.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#70142 Dec 27, 2012
lol wrote:
Obama, Reid, Pelosi and all the democrats want us to fall head first over the fiscal cliff. They will then have much more revenue to put toward their agenda. Reid has successfully kept the Senate from passing a budget for our country for the last 3 years which gives Obama a blank check. Higher taxes on all of us gives Obama more money to play with and send to the Muslim Brotherhood rebels. And of course Obama can depend on his dumb ass supporters and his media pals to make sure that they plant the seed that it is the republicans fault. The lame media and the dumb ass Obama crowd will repeat and repeat until the sheep all believe it. You idiots are playing right into the corrupt democrats game and they couldn't be prouder of you dumb asses.
Not one of you dumb ass democrats on this forum caan answe the question...what's Obama's plan if he raises taxes on the rich for a full year and that runs our government for about 9 days out of the year...what's next? Nobody knows. Even Obama hasn't thought that far ahead. He doesn't have to. He knows his idiots will never question his failed policies. They will be good little Obama morons and always blame it on somebody else.
This is our country's mindset and intelligence level, unfortunately. Even Obama was surprised at just how many Americans he could dumb down to the point of no return.
Thank goodness the rest of us are smart enough to be prepared and capable of surviving the onslaught of the Obama failed policies that will take America down the sewer hole and straight into the Obama swamp.
you need to clean the shit out of your teeth Stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Mitch is a hero 7,068
middleton construction (Apr '12) 2 hr Shelia 9
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,659
Who has the nicest truck in Wolfe County ? 13 hr Just wondering 1
dena brooks (Aug '13) 14 hr RHL 7
Campton Music Thread (May '12) 15 hr Musikologist 26
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) Mon BIG_STEVIE 26,296

Campton Jobs

Campton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Campton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Campton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]