death penalty
wondering

West Liberty, KY

#1 Feb 1, 2013
How do u feel about the death penalty? Should people still get it or should they stop it?
i agree

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Feb 1, 2013
if a person brutally murders a baby, child or anyone yep i think they should have it. I also agree that if a person brutally molested and rapes a innocent baby or child where its boy or girl yes i think they should have that to where if they can get parolled out most of all molesters keep doing it over and over to innocent children. if they would make a law that would protect the children from the molesters they yes put on a sentence where they could never ever be around children.
me personally

West Liberty, KY

#3 Feb 1, 2013
I am divided on this issue one part of me would love to see the perp stay in prison for live without parole so they would have to think about thier crime every day. But then the other part of me have no problem with the death penalty providing they can show beyond a shadow of doubt that they committed the crime. It would be hard for me to set on a death penalty case.
But until you put yourself in the shoes of the family that crime was committed against or the shoes of the family that member committed the crime you don't know what you would do.
oh boy

Campton, KY

#4 Feb 2, 2013
untill i deal with this i dont know how i fell on this subject
two sides

Ezel, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2013
There has been far too many people sitting on death row that have been exonorated by DNA evidence. I just think it is much better to let ten men go free than to execute one innocent person.
In this country, the death penalty is meted out so randomly. So many people simply don't have the funds to pay for top notch legal representation. Poor people and minorities are much more likely to be executed than white people with means. Sad, but statistics bear this out.
Also, sitting in prison for 40-50 years is far worse punishment, I would suspect. Something I cannot fanthom having to do.
I also agree - until we are in a position that directly impacts us either way it is something that no one can truly answer.
me personally

Campton, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
That is the reason it would be extremely hard for me to set on a death sentence case. I have seen to many people that are innocent or mentally challenged that have been sentenced to death. If I had to set on one, there better be undeniable evidence for me or else I would not vote for the death penalty. I think it is better for a person to be in prison for life than to take a chance of an innocent person being killed.
sniper

Nerinx, KY

#7 Feb 3, 2013
Get ready for taxes to go up. More and more going in daily. Everyone knows several that should be in, spare the rod spoil the child. A little slap on the wrist just don't cut it. That mental guy with the little holed up was smart enough to take a hostage. Never helped the brave bus driver, or the little boy. Think what there families are going through. When something happened to you like this, might help make an change your mind. People are getting soft,do on to others before they have chance to do to your children.
me personally

Campton, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2013
That is the problem people like you do unto other BEFORE they do unto you. The Bible teaches us to do unto others AS WE WANT THEM TO DO UNTO US.
One thing you are right about is the fact that parents are not parents anymore. They need to step up to the plate and be parents. I also agree we need stiffer sentences for crimes committed. We need to make jails and prisons less like a vacation and more like a place of no return. That doesn't mean you have to beat the prisoners etc...Just means they don't get the priviledges like everyone else. T V, radios, etc...Just the basics, food and shelter and medical when needed. I would also love to see the chain gangs etc.. come back as well.
We also need more and better mental health in the united states. Just look recently at the gun problems we have had. All have been because the shooter has had mental problems.
Ky sport

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Feb 18, 2013
For it all the way
Mary mary quite contrary

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Feb 20, 2013
I am torn on this subject. I don't believe an eye for an eye. But recently espically with the children being murdered or raped, I think I am changing my mind.
Tom

West Liberty, KY

#11 Mar 15, 2013
Don't believe in it!
why

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Mar 15, 2013
Tom wrote:
Don't believe in it!
Why don't you believe in it? I am just curious. I think almost everyone that his against the death penalty would change thier mind if one of thier close family members where killed in cold blooded murder.
redneck

United States

#13 Jun 17, 2013
I believe if someone kills somebody and then sets that person's car on fire with them in it ...should get the death penalty and I don't mean sit on death row for 5-10 years either! The day after they find them guilty! Or better yet how about standing there in front of a firing squad while the family watches! I understand you can't bring back the one you lost but it sure will feel better knowing the one that killed them is not breathing air either!
lph

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Jun 17, 2013
It takes a cold and callous person to want to watch another human die. I don't think any of us know what we would want to happen to someone who kills someone we love. I hope I am never put in that position.
I hear so many so-called Christians preaching about supporting the death penalty. I simply don't comprehend how they think that anyone, other than God, has the right of life and death over another human being.
huh

West Liberty, KY

#15 Jun 18, 2013
i agree wrote:
if a person brutally murders a baby, child or anyone yep i think they should have it. I also agree that if a person brutally molested and rapes a innocent baby or child where its boy or girl yes i think they should have that to where if they can get parolled out most of all molesters keep doing it over and over to innocent children. if they would make a law that would protect the children from the molesters they yes put on a sentence where they could never ever be around children.
How do you kill/rape etc a child that's not a boy or girl? Odd.
Kill

Clay City, KY

#16 Jun 19, 2013
Kill them! They did not care to do it. Maybe if they started killing everyone that does committ murder then there would be less people doing it because they know what their consequences are going to be. The system is so screwed up because people who deal drugs are getting more time than murderers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trucker 13 hr Friends 4
Nobody sits on town bridge anymore 20 hr This Gal 8
Does Melissa Hays have cancer? (Jun '09) 22 hr Friend 32
Season Keeton (Jun '09) Fri Yes 11
Body Fri Yes 4
Beulah Hollon Fri Yes 13
pine ridge log cabin murder Fri Yes 12

Campton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance