Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
62,501 - 62,520 of 81,560 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

papaderp aka outmeal man wrote:
but it helps me fancy you kevin smooches you cutie with a wiener in the booty love ya
I might be impressed if ya were a bit more articulate.

Fruit.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@TOFY.. there are various types of seagulls and while most are associated with the oceans, some are inland around lakes and I have seen them before around larger lakes, but the unusual part is that you said "small" lake.
For more information, you can Google "inland seagulls", if you so choose.
Thanks Ancient Wolf I'll definitely follow up on this.
Maybe drive around some tomorrow get a picture if I can run across them. I got a friend who fishes that lake quite a bit..might give him a call and see if he's seen them.
It really just took me by total surprise!
Thanks again
regards
tofy

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I might be impressed if ya were a bit more articulate.
Fruit.
Farticulate. Letting off farts that tickle your fancy.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

I guess the perverts finally went to bed.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good morning Ancient wolf, I'm just waking up. I have that awful boss thing I have to do today. Still hate letting people go-- even after all these years
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Ancient wolf, I'm just waking up. I have that awful boss thing I have to do today. Still hate letting people go-- even after all these years
No. that is not an easy thing to do even when it is justified. Most people complain about the boss, but not too many of the complainers could even begin to do those tasks.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

I am surely glad I don't have to do that any more and now all I have to do is to volunteer at the Senior Citizens Center and take care of my place and my chickens.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am surely glad I don't have to do that any more and now all I have to do is to volunteer at the Senior Citizens Center and take care of my place and my chickens.
I so look forward to the day when I can say a similar thing. I won't get into the lack of work ethic in society, just say its a deserved dismissal. Thanks for the chat Wolf---later
trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Morning, all. We all should look thru the heart and not eyes.
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time on his back.
The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.
The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the outside world. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should hehave all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything? It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window - and that thought now controlled his life.Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly lit room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help. Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence--deathly silence.The following morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away--no words, no fuss. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.Moral of the story:
The pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice...it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorstep each morning, nor does it come through the window. And I am certain that our circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.The pursuit of happiness is an inward journey. Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviors; like bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and complain, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it germinates, we will find that there is much to rejoice about.

trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour a day to drain the fluids from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. And every afternoon when the man in the bed next to the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed would live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the outside world. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake, the man had said. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Lovers walked arm in arm amid flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Unexpectedly, an alien thought entered his head: Why should hehave all the pleasure of seeing everything while I never get to see anything? It didn't seem fair. As the thought fermented, the man felt ashamed at first. But as the days passed and he missed seeing more sights, his envy eroded into resentment and soon turned him sour. He began to brood and found himself unable to sleep. He should be by that window - and that thought now controlled his life.

Late one night, as he lay staring at the ceiling, the man by the window began to cough. He was choking on the fluid in his lungs. The other man watched in the dimly lit room as the struggling man by the window groped for the button to call for help. Listening from across the room, he never moved, never pushed his own button which would have brought the nurse running. In less than five minutes, the coughing and choking stopped, along with the sound of breathing. Now, there was only silence--deathly silence.

The following morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths. When she found the lifeless body of the man by the window, she was saddened and called the hospital attendant to take it away--no words, no fuss. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it all himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall.

trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Moral of the story:
The pursuit of happiness is a matter of choice...it is a positive attitude we consciously choose to express. It is not a gift that gets delivered to our doorstep each morning, nor does it come through the window. And I am certain that our circumstances are just a small part of what makes us joyful. If we wait for them to get just right, we will never find lasting joy.
The pursuit of happiness is an inward journey. Our minds are like programs, awaiting the code that will determine behaviors; like bank vaults awaiting our deposits. If we regularly deposit positive, encouraging, and uplifting thoughts, if we continue to bite our lips just before we begin to grumble and complain, if we shoot down that seemingly harmless negative thought as it germinates, we will find that there is much to rejoice about.
May we all look thru our heart instead of our eyes.. Good Friday you all..
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

TGIF.. Somedays, there just isn't enough coffee.

It does not fix lack of sleep but I'm glad I have a pot of it this morning. Got a new coffee maker that dips the coffee into a metal carafe, then you can sit it next you so you don't have to make trips to the kitchen... lazy to the 3rd power.

Ok, have a good day,,,,, Trolls, not so much
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Thunder and lightening here now. I like sitting under the carport and watching the rain, or even storms. Perhaps it reminds of sitting on my grandparents porch and waiting for the rain to stop so I could get out there and do things.

If you look carefully you can spot birds hiding under limbs or under other shelter and use your binoculars to really study them over. I'll venture out at daybreak and enjoy a good morning rain.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

"Drips" up there, not dips,,, lol,, that will be good for a least a dozen troll hits. I can hear them now,,, TYPO !!!
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Nope, you're still up.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Waitinf for the rain!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Waiting i mean....darn!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, you're still up.
So what is your reason ?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Nobody cares about dead birds , unless it's turkeys at Thunksgivin' - Save your keyboards and let it die -

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Knowitall9 wrote:
Nobody cares about dead birds , unless it's turkeys at Thunksgivin'- Save your keyboards and let it die -
I do care about those turkeys!! They're DELICIOUS!! Mmmm...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Campton Forum right now

Search the Campton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 5 min lol 16,126
Farming in Wolfe County 9 min Know Them Well 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,787
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr chocolatecovballs 1,029
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 26,206
Trampus Miller (Jan '10) 8 hr fluke 53
Any 3 bed room places for rent? 10 hr interested 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Campton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Campton People Search