Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wandering

West Liberty, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2012
does anyone know of any programs to help buy for kids my kids are not going to have no christmas if i dont get help
do you work

West Liberty, KY

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Let me ask you a question. Do you work?
hoping to help

West Liberty, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
wandering wrote:
does anyone know of any programs to help buy for kids my kids are not going to have no christmas if i dont get help
You may be able to sign up for help at the Catholic church if they are still talking applications,
big theory

West Liberty, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Why is it when anyone ask for a little help with something everyone assumes they don't work or are doing drugs haven't you people ever heard that working people might need a little help also because I myself work and let me tell you when they get done with tax's and you pay your bills that you need to pay just to survive in this world you don't have much or anything left so yes money gets tight like the other person said you can try the catholic church for help and if I hear anything else I'll let you know
RHL

West Liberty, KY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
There are so many people in this community that work hard every day - both parents, and get paid minimum wage or a bit more. There is no way that they can pay house payment, utilities, make car payment, insurance, food, and clothing if they have two children.
Why do people have to make it more difficult and more degrading simply because someone may need help to give their children a happy Christmas?
Simply because there are those that take advantage of the system, do drugs, or commit crimes doesn't mean that everyone in need does.
We have become a society of intolerance and unacceptance...and it is so very sad.
Rose

West Liberty, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2012
There isn't a rule that you have to buy your children something if you can afford it. Why always expect someone else to save the day. Teach your children the cost of living and explain that food and shelter are much more important than toys. Spend Christmas Day with your children playing and laughing and remembering Christ!
Rose

West Liberty, KY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
wandering wrote:
Christmas will come with or without toys! My children went without and survived just fine.
i may be able to help

West Liberty, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2012
message to wandering, do you have boys or girls, and how old are they, i make things for lil girls and i have mage a few for others and they have loved them... please let me know i would be more then happy to help you out
christmas sorro

West Liberty, KY

#9 Dec 2, 2012
300 rent 132 water 231 electric 80 insurance 156 car payment 212 weekly for food now YOU tell me how to make a 7.35 an hour job buy christmas presents sorry but we do need help
christmas sorro

West Liberty, KY

#10 Dec 2, 2012
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas will come with or without toys! My children went without and survived just fine.
u have no heart
lph

West Liberty, KY

#11 Dec 2, 2012
christmas sorro wrote:
300 rent 132 water 231 electric 80 insurance 156 car payment 212 weekly for food now YOU tell me how to make a 7.35 an hour job buy christmas presents sorry but we do need help
I agree - it is so difficult for those that work very hard every day to pay for food, shelter, and transportation.
I also agree that there are those that have no heart..nor soul.
Children are innocent victims and all children deserve gifts at Christmas, not just those who have parents that can afford to purchase them.
Please talk to one of the Sisters at the Catholic Church or one of the resource directors at the schools. Hopefully, if they don't have anything, they can point you in the right direction.
I am sure that there is someone that can help.
I hope that you find some assistance in making Christmas special for your children.
ash

West Liberty, KY

#12 Dec 7, 2012
You may be able to check with the schools they ususally know of help for such a situation. Also ask at the food stamp office they always know of programs that help people in need. The church across from western auto also reach out to families in need at the holiday's or any day. Some program gives toys free or at a discount in the building across from dairy queen, I don't know who is over the program but they do it every year. Also try the shop with the cop thing, they always give the children so much money and let them pick out what they need. There is a lot of people in the county that know how to help they just dont like to share the information. Also if your child goes to Roger's or Campton they get a free pair of shoes and socks on the 18th of December. I would personally pray for help, because God makes all things possible.
ash

West Liberty, KY

#13 Dec 7, 2012
I just heard that the thing across from dairy queen at the block building is on tuesday. You take in a dollar and get so many points to shop with or something like that and then they use the money to buy gifts for children who wont receive them. So on Tuesday you should check it out I hear they have really nice stuff not cheap things.
helping with christmas

West Liberty, KY

#14 Dec 7, 2012
I was reading this post about you needing help with Christmas. On Saturday December 8 at 1:00 Linda White will be giving away presents at their church at Slade.(right off the exit). And there will be a give away of other toys and other items. You may want to contact her. It is part of the Pine Ridge Mission that is hosting this. Or if you don't want to call her just come to the church on Saturday.
christmas

West Liberty, KY

#15 Dec 8, 2012
ash wrote:
You may be able to check with the schools they ususally know of help for such a situation. Also ask at the food stamp office they always know of programs that help people in need. The church across from western auto also reach out to families in need at the holiday's or any day. Some program gives toys free or at a discount in the building across from dairy queen, I don't know who is over the program but they do it every year. Also try the shop with the cop thing, they always give the children so much money and let them pick out what they need. There is a lot of people in the county that know how to help they just dont like to share the information. Also if your child goes to Roger's or Campton they get a free pair of shoes and socks on the 18th of December. I would personally pray for help, because God makes all things possible.
thank you for this information i know a family can use this info they have 2 kids and only get 628 a month Christmas is a bad time for them thank you again
christmas

West Liberty, KY

#16 Dec 8, 2012
GOD did answer a pray he put you on here thank you again God is great
kaye

West Liberty, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2012
If you have little girls my family and I have a storage building with dolls thats never been opened my aunt was a doll collector and she never opened them. My aunt died and i cant keep all her dolls so if you would like a few of them then please leave me a note and we would love to give them to your daughter if you wouldnt mind. i got a few boy toys but nothing like little girl toys. so if you want them leave me a note and i will go thru that storage to get u some of the dolls.
why

West Liberty, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2012
christmas sorro wrote:
Why are you paying rent? If that is all the income that is coming in, with kids, you would qualify for HUD housing. You can also get LINHEAP to help with the electric bill. You should get a medical card for the kids, you should also get a few foodstamps. If your water is realy 132 something is wrong, or else you have a whole lot of people on that meter. THere is help if you look for it. You just got to look for it.
Christmas

West Liberty, KY

#19 Dec 10, 2012
kaye wrote:
If you have little girls my family and I have a storage building with dolls thats never been opened my aunt was a doll collector and she never opened them. My aunt died and i cant keep all her dolls so if you would like a few of them then please leave me a note and we would love to give them to your daughter if you wouldnt mind. i got a few boy toys but nothing like little girl toys. so if you want them leave me a note and i will go thru that storage to get u some of the dolls.
they have 1 girl and i boy the boy is 9 and the girl is12 with a mild hande cap they would greatly apperceate the help tell me where to meet you at when you get them ready thank you
kaye

West Liberty, KY

#20 Dec 11, 2012
if u can im me at andsingle80@yahoo.com ok. i will try to go get them before christmas for you.my family and i would love to give them to someone that could really need them for there kids cause they are new not opened either. so they are new ones

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min 62656sss 1,285
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 31 min Anne52 81,595
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 151,117
Is Wolge County passing a county building ordin... 7 hr ugh 26
Dogs lost in wolfe co near bear pen 7 hr great news 4
nathan elam 10 hr bored 1
You can fool people 13 hr Nat55 7
•••
•••

Campton Jobs