Does anyone want cash for old coins?

Posted in the Campton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#1 Feb 22, 2009
I am offering cash for anyone that has some old coins they would like to sell. The older the better. I will consider any type coin. Pennies up too 20 dollar coins will all be considered. The amount I will pay will vary according to the condition of the coin. Please do not attempt to clean your coins for me, that will only lower the value. I've paid $20 dollars old for dirty black looking coins that I wouldn't have given $5 for if it was cleaned and polished.

Let me know what you have. I will reply to all those I am interested in looking at.
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#2 Feb 23, 2009
Cash for coins. Nobody else is offering this service. Your quarters or pennies could be traded for bills. I make fair offers and can back them up with the latest market bullion values.

With silver trading close too $14.50 a troy ounce, I will match any bullion value ounce for ounce. You will be paid for the exact value of your bullion coins. Always.
Gertie

West Liberty, KY

#3 Feb 24, 2009
what would be concidered old pennies to you? and also what about forien coins?
babygirl

West Liberty, KY

#4 Feb 24, 2009
what aboutold paper money or forien paper money
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#5 Mar 4, 2009
Old pennies would be anything before 1940. I am interested in those, however, unless they are highly detailed and not badly worn, I couldn't offer more than 25 to 50 cents a piece for them.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CLEAN YOUR COINS

Just because its shiny doesn't make it worth more. I will pay less for a cleaned coin than I would for one that is black with age.

As for coins from other countries, in general I don't fool with them unless they are from the 1700's or before.

As for old paper money. I do on rare occasion buy old US paper money. It needs to of a very large denomination before I would be interested in it. For example, and old $1000 or 10,000 dollar bill. I would pay anywhere from 5 to 200 dollars for one of those, depending on condition. These bills are not worth the amount written on them at all anymore. Back when the silver standard was abandoned in the US there was a recall period for everyone possessing one of those bills to turn it in. Those that kept them lost the money as they are no longer accepted by any bank for face value for about 50 years now. They are only collector pieces now. And as such, I won't even consider paying face value, and nor would anyone else anywhere.

Anyways, I doubt anyone has a $1000 dollar bill anyways. Most where turned in to banks for the face value when the recall was issued.

My real interest is in coins. And US coins specifically.

Old dollar coins, pennies before 1940( the highest prices will be paid for SOME 1909 Lincoln cents), old cent pieces, old 2 cent pieces, I will pay very good for old 20 dollar coins. It all depends on the detail of the coin. More detail, more money for you.

As for old US coins from 1870's and before, I will pay some of my best prices for those. There are some that I will give several hundred dollar for. And with these older coins, I am less picky about what condition they are in. Anything in the 1700's, I will pay possibly my highest amounts for. There are a few that I will pay many hundreds of dollars for.

I am a serious collector and not a reseller. You can be assured that any coin I buy will become part of a permanent collection that will be passed down to generations, and hopefully become a museum set.

The coins I collect are preserved from environmental damage. They are stored in such a manner to protect them and preserve them for future generations to see and observe as a historical reference of the past.
HMM

West Liberty, KY

#6 Mar 5, 2009
have a 1902 V cent,1911&1935 dime,numerous buffalo nickels oldest dating back to 1919.
1916 quarter, 1953&1958 half dollars.. any of those worth anything ?
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#7 Mar 5, 2009
I would consider looking at all of those coins. However, the value depends entirely on the quality of detail. If they are not very badly worn, they might be worth a little. The quarter and half dollars are 90% silver. So you can determine the bullion value of those coins by weighing them, converting that weight over to the Troy weight scale(the method of weighing precious metals, not the same as US ounces), multiply that number by 0.90, and taking that amount and look at the current spot price of silver. Today it was about 12.50 an ounce.

Let me know how badly worn these coins are, and about what you may be asking for them.

Send it to my email at [email protected]

lgo

Since: Mar 09

Mount Sterling, KY

#8 Mar 10, 2009
i have a one silver dollar made in 1853 and one in 1893 the one in 1853 is in mint cond. the other one is worn alittle not much and i have a 1890 indian head penny got a few more let me know
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#9 Mar 10, 2009
Lgo,

It sounds like you have some coins you may be willing to sell. Send me an email at the address I gave in the last post with your asking price and photos. All three of those are coins I may be interested in. I am willing to pay cash, or trade on stuff you like, or a little of both.

Let me know, and thanks for inquiring.
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#10 Mar 16, 2009
Bump

Money for old coins. Check your drawers and registers.
That Fat Girl

United States

#11 Mar 25, 2009
How much is a 1964 Kennedy half dollar worth? I have six that have been stored together in a plastic bag since I received them as a child in the late sixties.
US Mint

West Liberty, KY

#12 Mar 28, 2009
The 1964 Kennedy half was produced in exceedingly high numbers to meet a huge public demand for the coin. Although the coin was meant for regular circulation, it was rarely seen in circulation. People hoarded these coins as the first year issue of the Kennedy half. This actually started the trend of half dollar coins not being used in regular circulation. In 1965 the US mint stopped minting coins in silver. The only exception was the Kennedy half, although its silver content fell from 90% to 40%. This helped keep the 90% silver 1964 Kennedy out of circulation, as all silver coins were quickly hoarded up. The last year for the 40% silver Kennedy coin was in 1970. Starting in 1971 the Kennedy was not made with any silver.

The actual value of a 1964 Kennedy is solely set on its condition and the market spot price of silver. They are not considered rare, but are considered collectible.
A MS-70 may bring $20-50 (MS-70 is untouched by human hands and never circulated)
A F-20 grade will typicaly bring $2-3 dollar
patpat

Richland, MS

#13 Jun 14, 2009
US Mint wrote:
I am offering cash for anyone that has some old coins they would like to sell. The older the better. I will consider any type coin. Pennies up too 20 dollar coins will all be considered. The amount I will pay will vary according to the condition of the coin. Please do not attempt to clean your coins for me, that will only lower the value. I've paid $20 dollars old for dirty black looking coins that I wouldn't have given $5 for if it was cleaned and polished.
Let me know what you have. I will reply to all those I am interested in looking at.
I have a lot of old coins. Some 1908.silver coin, pennies, and dimes.
patpat

Richland, MS

#14 Jun 14, 2009
I have a variety of old coins. I have dimes, I have pennies, and half dollars.
KY Guy

United States

#15 Jun 14, 2009
If you have coins to sell or trade, you can email [email protected] and they will give you a fair price. They are honest people to deal with.
quarters

Tremont, PA

#16 Jul 8, 2009
have alot of silver quarters call me how do i get in touch with u
West KY Coins

United States

#17 Jul 8, 2009
quarters wrote:
have alot of silver quarters call me how do i get in touch with u
You can email me at [email protected] and tell me what you have, include your phone number if you don't mind. I'll get back to you shortly.
Thank you,
West KY Coins
beware people

West Liberty, KY

#18 Jul 9, 2009
be careful of the us mint person.they might be trying to trick you and come back and rob you of your coins once they know about them!so dont say where you live.
West KY Coins

United States

#19 Jul 9, 2009
I agree, that's why I gave an email address. I have a ligit website. I will not ask where you live. I have met people in WalMart before (if they chose). Good advise "beware"
West KY Coins
beware people

West Liberty, KY

#20 Jul 9, 2009
thanks west ky,they(us mint) seem too interested and i just thought that people should consider the possibilty of being robbed because of the economy and all the rooberies going on today.too easy to steal than to work and make an honest living!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pine ridge log cabin murder (May '16) 3 hr Sick of all 31
Have you seen my chickens ? 3 hr Chicken 2
Can you feed hogs cornbread ? 6 hr Sloppy Mud 1
Is your son or daughter using drugs? (Jan '11) 23 hr Facts Please 24
Bobby joe Moore (Jul '12) Sun boo 11
Bobby Joe Moore (Dec '15) Sun boo 14
Anyone know about will and penny Perry? Sat Tammy 1

Campton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance