Papa's Casual Cafe
no way

Leitchfield, KY

#162 Aug 9, 2010
ate there today wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol so i take it you work there or know someone that does since you have to defend the place so badly. and my computer is by my bed buddy. A simple stomach virus has never made me lose weight this badly and get this dehydrated. A simple stomach bug would have been gone by now buddy.
Thing is I spoke the truth. I have witnesses. I gave my honest opinion on the place. Ecellent taste, Excellent Food, but evidently the cook hasn't taken a simple serve safe certification class or anything. The main job of a cook is to make sure his food meets the requirements of safety, then it's followed by flavor and speed.
No, sorry don't know anyone there and haven't ate there yet either.
I have had food posioning a few times and what you have described is not it.

Where are the other sick people? Were you the ONLY one to get sick that day? Seems highly unlikely that only one person got it.

Have you been to the doctor yet? If so, have you had your stomach pumped or given the charcoal?
ate there today

Rineyville, KY

#163 Aug 9, 2010
no need to have my stomach pumped, i puked so much that part of the lining came up. In those cases pumping the stomach is dangerous. If it was a stomach bug then other people would be sick as well due to the fact it's contagious. I got food poising according to the doctor. He stated it was from improperly cooked food, and being a chef myself, I follow strict guidelines for the food I cook for my self, and my clients. I think it's so funny how you're trying to defend this place so badly, yet you've never eaten there or know anything about it. And most actual cases of food poising are one time deals. It's when a majority get it that the places get shut down. If you've never eaten there, been there and you don't even know anyone there, then why exactly are you trying to prove me wrong? I'm speaking the truth and that's that. I'm done arguing. Say what you want but it won't make it true buddy.
rucrazy

Elizabethtown, KY

#164 Aug 9, 2010
maybe you are so full of crap it just needed somewhere to go.
truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#165 Aug 9, 2010
ate there today wrote:
no need to have my stomach pumped, i puked so much that part of the lining came up. In those cases pumping the stomach is dangerous. If it was a stomach bug then other people would be sick as well due to the fact it's contagious. I got food poising according to the doctor. He stated it was from improperly cooked food, and being a chef myself, I follow strict guidelines for the food I cook for my self, and my clients. I think it's so funny how you're trying to defend this place so badly, yet you've never eaten there or know anything about it. And most actual cases of food poising are one time deals. It's when a majority get it that the places get shut down. If you've never eaten there, been there and you don't even know anyone there, then why exactly are you trying to prove me wrong? I'm speaking the truth and that's that. I'm done arguing. Say what you want but it won't make it true buddy.
A CHEF, wow, I didn't know there were any CHEF's here in town. A lot of cooks....but a REAL LIVE CHEF? Damn!
Food poisoning is not a one time deal. A restaurant serves a couple of hundred people in a day and only one gets food poisoning? Give us a break.
You vomited your stomach lining up? Doubtful. If you actually vomited your stomach lining up, you would be in the hospital.
cheap

Elizabethtown, KY

#166 Aug 10, 2010
Wow...it sounds like you are competition and you must be getting your little feelings hurt because they are always packed and your apparently not! Its rather sad. But there will always be haters in this world and apparently you happen to be one! By the way.... if the food tasted so wonderful... wouldn't you tell that its wasn't done if it wasn't done? that's not how you get food poison you crazy person...! you might wanted to google that before bashing a place.... regardless, My husband and I have eaten there countless times and I think that its great and I haven't had a meal there that I didn't enjoy! Plus I haven't heard nothing but great things about the place at work from the public... Keep up the good work Papa's!!
MrChef

Elizabethtown, KY

#167 Aug 10, 2010
Give it a rest! They say one out of ten restaurants dont make it... yours must be on the way out! Dont hate the player.... Hate the game baby! Ciao Mr. Chef! lol
stargelas

Elizabethtown, KY

#168 Aug 10, 2010
WOW!
The truth

Shepherdsville, KY

#169 Aug 11, 2010
I don't mess with restaurants. My line of work is more refined and only available to a select few. I work for two families currently and prepare their meals. 5 hours of work per day 7 days a week and I have everything I could ever want.
whoopdeedoo

Greenbrier, AR

#170 Aug 11, 2010
who gives a flyin rats ass. go marinate someting
smgncclaz

Elizabethtown, KY

#171 Aug 12, 2010
if u dont like it go some where else thats ur right right
show some class then

Elizabethtown, KY

#172 Aug 12, 2010
If your burger was undercooked, you being a "chef" and all, I think you could have seen it was pink. That IS what you said, that the food wasn't brought to the right temp. if not, it would have been pink. Not much of a chef if you can't tell when a burger is not done and you eat it anyway.
truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#173 Aug 12, 2010
I wonder why a "chef" cooking 5 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 local families (HAHA) would bother to go to the Casual Cafe for a meal.

5 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 families....Mafia families?
Dude

Lexington, KY

#174 Aug 12, 2010
I finally tried it a couple of weeks ago. Price is a bit high, but the double 1/3 burger was huge. Not amazing, but not bad either. Service was excellent from both girls who were working. Even if it is a bit high, I was satisfied with the amount of food I got. I probably wouldn't take the whole family, but it's good for lunch, or for when the wife and I go out shopping and want to grab lunch. I'd eat there again and try something else on the menu.
wow

Trinity, TX

#175 Aug 12, 2010
people blow my mind....we have nothing but coltens china an mexico n this town an we get somethin an u still complain...my husband an i went an loved our food...u get ALOT of food...so in return no its not high. go to mcdonalds an eat off the dollar menu
Dude

Lexington, KY

#176 Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, it is a little high. I could go buy a package of meat, some cheese, and buns, and make 2 of the same burgers for about the same price. Instead of having to do it myself, I get waited on, get some fries, and they get a profit out of it. But don't sh*t yourself into thinking it's not high, just because everyone else is as high or higher. Just about every restaurant is a rip-off anymore, but it beats having to do the work yourself, when you really don't feel like cooking.

I know one store that made it's employees ration lettuce and pickles, because they figured out it would make them an extra $5k a year. And I knew a driver who hauled potatoes for McD delivery. They bought the ones that were starting to go soft, then turned them into fries. Everyone's in it to squeeze out a buck.

It's a profit business, and the prices could be a bit lower, and they'd still make money. Like I said, I'll eat there again, because it's not insanely high for the food you get, but it's certainly not cheap either.
food expert

Elizabethtown, KY

#177 Aug 15, 2010
look wrote:
we went to huddle house this morning. the blonde hair girl was very unfriendly.
Unfortunately you business is only as good as the people that work for you. Won't be long, huddle house will be gone. their breakfast can't compare to PaPa's Cafe. Huddle house is a grease pit.
BLT

Vine Grove, KY

#178 Aug 16, 2010
I ate there Saturday with a friend and he ate the meat sizzler(I think thats what it was called)its a bowl of various breakfast meat covered with cheese and eggs. I got the veal dinner with some fried mushrooms with 2 drinks. It cost $26.00. In my opinion thats entirely too expensive. The food was average, the service was really good and the cost was too high. I cant see this restaurant making it on their prices when the food isnt any better than that.
Casual Observer

Vine Grove, KY

#179 Aug 16, 2010
It's on the wrong side of town in my opinion. Out of the way. Just a matter of time before they go under, right after the new wears off. Just my 2c. Don't bother bashing me, I won't be checking back in! Have a great day!
Mickey

Campbellsville, KY

#180 Aug 16, 2010
U people don't have a clue what real food taste like!!!
pleased

Elizabethtown, KY

#181 Aug 19, 2010
Casual Observer wrote:
It's on the wrong side of town in my opinion. Out of the way. Just a matter of time before they go under, right after the new wears off. Just my 2c. Don't bother bashing me, I won't be checking back in! Have a great day!
Rumor has it that this is their 16th restaurant and are planning to open another in Lebanon within the next month. Just my opinion but, seems like they know what they are doing. I have lunch there at least twice a week and I think it is just what this tired little town needs. In all the years of living in campbellsville, I would have to say I have enjoyed Papa's the most. I am glad they decided to come to our town and bring with them a nice establishment for my family and I to eat at. Any business these days have a struggle in front of them.... I don't think that the owners of Papa are going anywhere, anytime soon, I recently had a chance to speak with one of the owners (Star) cashing out one day and just her attitude and the warm feeling of appreciation that I got from her was not like any other family owned restaurant that I have seen in all the years of living here. I believe that if you genuinely care about the product you are selling and care about your customers thoughts and comments, you will go far. I would recommend this place to anyone. Good luck to ya on the new business in Lebanon. I will visit that one as well. Quick question.. will there be gyros??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 152,005
Dawna overuses Topix sissybutton 5 hr Salyers love 1
Dawna Hash's vile insults- enough 5 hr Anthony Weiner 2
4?? .lincoln ave. 5 hr Anthony Weiner 2
News City wants drug recovery center (Mar '06) 15 hr Confused 69
In and out service 16 hr c-ville 2
I love you Pink Ram baby ! 18 hr Bam 4

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages