Jennifer Warren-Coffey
agree

Nicholasville, KY

#82 May 9, 2008
cma wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it is rude for people to not consider the feelings of the man that she dated.... the man that found her and tried to revive her..... Jennifer was a beautiful person, but so was the guy that she was dating... I think that his feelings should have been taken into account as well considering that they had been dating for almost a year
I agree that his feelings should have been taken into consideration. She and Roy's divorce had been final for almost a year. I am sure Roy is grieving, as he was married to her and she is the mother of his children. Likewise, Nick, is grieving too. This is a terrible situation for everyone involved. It's not a matter of gossiping about her, it's a matter of fact. People are confused at the fact that she was listed as married and had a boyfriend who she had been in a relationship with for a long time. He should have been listed in the obituary as well. My heart goes out to everyone involved, especially the children.
May God Be With You

United States

#83 May 9, 2008
I didn't know Jennifer that well but evertime we would go to the Bank Of Jamestown where she worked my son would who is 4 years old. Would always take up with her she would always give him stickers and suckers. Today we went to the bank and he looked up at me and said mom where is my girlfriend meaning jennifer. My heart just broke. I didn't have the heart to tell him. I can't imagine how hurt her babys are or her loved ones. You will be missed very much Jennifer. May God be with you and the family. God bless you all
Neighbor

Shepherdsville, KY

#84 May 9, 2008
Jennifer will be sadly missed by everyone who's life she touched in any way. My sympathy goes out to the families.
info

Nicholasville, KY

#85 May 9, 2008
Coffey's death not foul play
In May 8-14 issue
By Greg Wells
Times Journal Managing Editor
JAMESTOWN - 28-year-old Jennifer Coffey was unresponsive when found in her home on John Street at about 9 p.m. Sunday night.
Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram, who was a close personal friend, has said he had tried to reach Coffey several times by phone earlier that evening but had gotten no answer.
Bertram radioed the Russell County 911 Dispatch Center for help and numerous emergency responders made their way to the apartment.
Coroner Larry Skaggs said he pronounced Coffey dead at 9:43 p.m. that night. He said he transported her body to the state medical examiner's office in Frankfort where an autopsy determine that the mother of two died of asphyxiation.
When pressed Skaggs said, "It was self inflicted."
Some who knew her said Coffey had seemed troubled about something recently.
"I could tell something was bothering her Friday," said one friend. She said she invited her out to lunch, but no date was set.
Content Management Powered by CuteNews
http://russellcounty.net/news.php...
A friend of Jens

Little Valley, NY

#86 May 9, 2008
Can someone please tell me the name of the song that was played at the beginning of her funeral (the one that was a recording of Jennifer singing?) I have been trying to find the lyrics to it. Jennifer and I have been friends for about 15 years, although we had not seen each other since last August. Her voice, smile, and laughter are the things I will miss most about her. My heart goes out to her family, as well as her other friends.
Tinker

Russell Springs, KY

#87 May 9, 2008
I feel really bad for her children and family. My question did anyone know what would have been so awful in her life that this might have happened? I do not want to know or read about it on topix. I am making a comment it just to bad that she felt there was no one for her to talk to about whatever this issue was. I did not know her but by reading all of this makes me feel she was very loved. I just wished she could have reached out in another way.
Her aunt

Elizabethtown, KY

#88 May 10, 2008
who wrote:
this is just my input...she went wild during her divorce, leaveing her kids, house, husband...everything. Just like they didn't exist. I was glad to see that she starting to want the kids and do good for heself with her job, kids, and new car towards the end. I pray for your roy, for you to be up for the changle for both of your children; espically for roy who will have to answer tough questions and many sleepless nigths for himeself and the kids. RIP Jenny! Our prayers are with Jenny's and Roy's family, espically the children.
Who ever posted this has no knowledge of Christian ways, love of family, you don't know anything about how Jennifer was or Roy is. Jennifer is gone away from us and our grief is so deep it can't be touched by anything but the hand of God. Roy and his family is our family. His and Jenny's babies are left here for us to love and love and love. Jennifer is in them. I'm not mad at you for what you have said, I know you just don't understand what you have done by posting such statements. Roy and Jennifer loved each other until she left us. She was sick and the load was so heavy she could not stand it anymore. I hope you are never at that place, there is nothing more to say to you, just please don't add anymore hurt to our hurt. We have to try to find a way with the help of God through his children to continue with our lives until he returns. The easiest thing for us all to do is to stop breathing, the whole family at one time, but we can't allow ourselves to think foolishly. All of us who love Jennifer must continue to pick up and give our level best to make life good for the ones who are here. That's just how it is. God holds us in his strong grip.
John

Campbellsville, KY

#89 May 10, 2008
Her aunt wrote:
<quoted text>Who ever posted this has no knowledge of Christian ways, love of family, you don't know anything about how Jennifer was or Roy is. Jennifer is gone away from us and our grief is so deep it can't be touched by anything but the hand of God. Roy and his family is our family. His and Jenny's babies are left here for us to love and love and love. Jennifer is in them. I'm not mad at you for what you have said, I know you just don't understand what you have done by posting such statements. Roy and Jennifer loved each other until she left us. She was sick and the load was so heavy she could not stand it anymore. I hope you are never at that place, there is nothing more to say to you, just please don't add anymore hurt to our hurt. We have to try to find a way with the help of God through his children to continue with our lives until he returns. The easiest thing for us all to do is to stop breathing, the whole family at one time, but we can't allow ourselves to think foolishly. All of us who love Jennifer must continue to pick up and give our level best to make life good for the ones who are here. That's just how it is. God holds us in his strong grip.
If you're so heartbroken how is it you're reading on Topix? Just a thought, if this were my niece I'd be with family not on the internet.
Touched by Jennifer

Elizabethtown, KY

#90 May 10, 2008
This is to Jennifer's family, just so you know the story of how deeply Jennifer touched me and my family. She left a beautiful mark on us.... I knew Jennifer from the Jamboree (at that time). I worked the door there. One week, i had found out that my mom had cancer. I was devastated, but still went in to work that Friday. The first person I saw was Jennifer, and she could tell how devastated I was. She came and hugged me and asked what was wrong. I told her, and as soon as she heard tha my mom had cancer, she took decisive action. She got that look on her face that she had a great idea, and she told me that she was gonna make sure that the band had a benefit concert for my mom. I protested, knowing tha my mom would feel weird about it, but Jennifer made it happen. She got all the info about my mom and contacted the media about having the benefit, and she set everything up. The night of the benefit, she was so great. My whole family came out and instantly loved Jennifer. Her energy onstage, and her voice left my family talking about how big she was gonna be. The Wranglers made alot of money that night, and they donated it to my mom and dad. We thank them all, and mostly we thank Jennifer for setting it all in motion. After that night, my mom took a turn for the worse and had several strokes. We had to keep going back and forth to Louisville to her doctors. If it had not been for the money made that night, and given to us by the Wranglers, we simply would not have been able to make the trips. Who knows how my mom would have fared, without being able to get to her doctors? For all the help she gave us, and the many smiles she gave me, personally, I thank Jennifer. She touched me deeply, and I loved her for it. I still love you, Jennifer. Rest in Peace, you beautiful woman.
I came to the viewing on Thursday night, wanting to tell this story to her family in person, but with so many people there, I had to leave. I have recently had brain surgery and was unable to stay for the two hours it would have taken to get in to see Jennifer. I hope this message gets to the family, and that you know just how much good she did for me, and my family.

Angel
Her aunt

Elizabethtown, KY

#91 May 10, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're so heartbroken how is it you're reading on Topix? Just a thought, if this were my niece I'd be with family not on the internet.
Dear John,I came home yesterday from being at my sister's side. I spoke with her this morning. Jennifer's Mom and Dad have to have some time to spend alone and with the children. Jennifer has a big family on both sides. I love reading the wonderful things people say about her, if you notice more people say good, sweet things. I'm not accustom to being on this site, I got on line to print off her death announcement for the memory book I am puting together and found this website. I want to save everything; I don't know why, even the tag they put in our car telling us to keep our lights on, just little things. See, I'm not a young person like most people who I would suppose would read this website mostly. I'm a senior citizen with grandchildren, I have in my mind, still a picture of Jennifer when she was a little baby, she was long and thin when she was born with long narrow feet and such long beautiful fingers, She didn't have much hair when she was born. Oh, you can't ever know until you have been here, until your have been here what it's been like since that awful, awful phone call. See, I know in my heart everybody isn't going to grieve with us, and don't know us and that there are other factors, but the reason I come here is for comfort, but if I can keep from it I will try to not come back. I dare not say anything to any of you to bite back at you, there's no bitterness in me, only grief and pain and hurt and sorrow and a wish that I could have done something to have stopped this. That's all.
Her aunt

Elizabethtown, KY

#92 May 10, 2008
Touched by Jennifer wrote:
This is to Jennifer's family, just so you know the story of how deeply Jennifer touched me and my family. She left a beautiful mark on us.... I knew Jennifer from the Jamboree (at that time). I worked the door there. One week, i had found out that my mom had cancer. I was devastated, but still went in to work that Friday. The first person I saw was Jennifer, and she could tell how devastated I was. She came and hugged me and asked what was wrong. I told her, and as soon as she heard tha my mom had cancer, she took decisive action. She got that look on her face that she had a great idea, and she told me that she was gonna make sure that the band had a benefit concert for my mom. I protested, knowing tha my mom would feel weird about it, but Jennifer made it happen. She got all the info about my mom and contacted the media about having the benefit, and she set everything up. The night of the benefit, she was so great. My whole family came out and instantly loved Jennifer. Her energy onstage, and her voice left my family talking about how big she was gonna be. The Wranglers made alot of money that night, and they donated it to my mom and dad. We thank them all, and mostly we thank Jennifer for setting it all in motion. After that night, my mom took a turn for the worse and had several strokes. We had to keep going back and forth to Louisville to her doctors. If it had not been for the money made that night, and given to us by the Wranglers, we simply would not have been able to make the trips. Who knows how my mom would have fared, without being able to get to her doctors? For all the help she gave us, and the many smiles she gave me, personally, I thank Jennifer. She touched me deeply, and I loved her for it. I still love you, Jennifer. Rest in Peace, you beautiful woman.
I came to the viewing on Thursday night, wanting to tell this story to her family in person, but with so many people there, I had to leave. I have recently had brain surgery and was unable to stay for the two hours it would have taken to get in to see Jennifer. I hope this message gets to the family, and that you know just how much good she did for me, and my family.
Angel
You sweet girl, Stories like your's is why I am here. She was our sweet little Jennifer and we just don't know how we are going to make it. We have to, that's all. Thanks for sharing that. When her mother is able to read the good of this site I will share it with her. Sweet Lady, you put your life in the hands of our Lord Jesus. He cares for you. I have no understanding except for the battle of good and evil that is upon us because of the fall of man from the creation of Adam and Eve, of why who is picked for what. I don't believe anyone has all the answers but God. I still trust him and I pray you will too. Thank you again for sharing.
Her aunt

Elizabethtown, KY

#95 May 10, 2008
A friend of Jens wrote:
Can someone please tell me the name of the song that was played at the beginning of her funeral (the one that was a recording of Jennifer singing?) I have been trying to find the lyrics to it. Jennifer and I have been friends for about 15 years, although we had not seen each other since last August. Her voice, smile, and laughter are the things I will miss most about her. My heart goes out to her family, as well as her other friends.
The first was Wish You were here; and the one she sang is " I sure miss you.
If life could only bring again, the days I took for granded when, to hear your voice was just a call away. What I'd give for just some time, to say some things that slipped my mind, There's so much now I'd really like to say. But I can never go back when, we did the things we did back then, I'll store those precious memories in my mind. I'll take what you've instilled in me, I'll try to be all I can be, and walk the path that you have left behind. I sure miss you. Life will never be the same with you not here. Each passing day has brought much pain, but with GOD's grace my strengh remains, I sure miss you but Heaven's sweeter with you there. Little things that seem so small, is now like gold in a memory vault. I cherish every one I have of you. Now I can see and recognize the part you played to shape my life, I often see you in the things I do. In God's design and master plan, He saw the hurting hearts of man, As we would say goodbye to those so dear. Now with our family and and friends, we'll be together once agin, and view Heaven's spendor hand in hand. I sure miss you. Life will never be the same with you not here. Each passing day has brought much pain, But with God's Grace my strenght remains, I still miss you and Heavens sweeter with you there.......
A friend of Jens

Little Valley, NY

#96 May 10, 2008
Thank you for posting these lyrics, Jen's aunt. I have started a scrapbook of sorts of some of the pictures I have of Jennifer and with some of our other friends, as well as just memories of some of the things she and I did together. I plan to include these lyrics in the pages.

Please know that me and my family are keeping you and your family in our prayers.
greiving friend

Trinity, TX

#97 May 10, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
How RUDE. Who are you to judge how someone else should handle their greiving process? In case you haven't noticed, there are many kind things people had to say about Jen. How would you feel if someone treated your family that way? Maybe if you cannot be kind, you should just say nothing at all. I hope no one treats you like that when you find yourself in her aunt's same situation and you never know what can happen from one day to the next.
PARENT

Liberty, KY

#98 May 11, 2008
To Jennifers family,

We too lost a daughter, mother, wife, aunt,sister,neice,beautiful friend this past week, Jenny Carol Black Tarter. Another tragedy, she choked while eating a steak dinner in Louisville on Saturday. She also leaves behind two lovely children. It has been a terrible week of asking Why? How freaky to be doing nothing dangerous just enjoying a meal and be brain dead minutes later. So, when I heard about your Jennifer I have prayed the two of them are smiling and singing together in heaven because they sound so much alike I am sure they will be good friends. I keep your family in my prayers also. Please keep Jenny Carols in yours, you seem like such a wonderful loving family.

And for the thoughtless person that made the comment about the aunt may God never put you in this position, where you look and seek any little connection to the person you lost. May God bless you.

Since: May 08

Means, KY

#99 May 11, 2008
my thoughts and prayers are with each of these family's!!! my god bless you all!!!!
Cant believe this news

Centerville, TX

#100 May 14, 2008
I think it's sad that she would do something so tragic. I knew Jennifer for quite a long time. I went to camp with her for the first time when I was ten years old. I worked with her in Campbellsville before she moved. I do miss her immensely however, my feelings about her death are very ambiguous at the moment.
She was a very beautiful person. I've been down that road where I couldn't bear life anymore...but I never wanted to kill myself. I especially couldn't imagine killing myself and leaving my children behind. That's very selfish. If Jennifer were here I'd tell her that. I'd also tell her that I love her to death and that she'll never know all of the great things she has done for me...and how she broke my heart...and more importantly...her families heart.
I pray that you're resting peacefully, Jenn. I really do.
pissed n russell co

AOL

#101 May 15, 2008
Jennifer was apparently selfish especially when it came to her kids. She thought of no one when she hung herself except HER ONLY>...those two sweet kids are now left without a mom. Its sad and it pisses me off she would do something like this anyway. You think this world is bad what do u think HELL is gonna be like JEN? Enjoy it there thats where u belong for leaving those precious babies behind!
sad for family

AOL

#102 May 15, 2008
May God be with her family and kids!
sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#103 May 15, 2008
Jennifer was a sweet heart and every one loved her. She will be truly missed by all. God be with her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min ChromiuMan 149,011
Electric riding carts at WalMart (Mar '11) 1 hr LMS 81
We will we will track you 2 hr Kill a cop 2
"Relay for Life"...Is it a Scam (May '10) 10 hr Tyler 106
Relatives of Chris Agee 13 hr Jeremy 2
Where are the grasshoppers? (Jun '12) 19 hr LMS 25
Free chitlins and Confederate Flag 19 hr Groids get a disc... 3

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages