First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SUE

Danville, KY

#1 Mar 9, 2011
IVE HEARD BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS PLACE! IM LOOKING FOR MY SON AND THEY WANT TO SEND HIM THERE. HELPPPP
TOO MUCH FREEDOM, STEALING FROM WALMART, HUFFING FROM WAL MART.
THEY HAVE A CURFEW???? BUT THEY CAN JUST ROAM THE STREETS
one of those guys

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Mar 21, 2011
SUE wrote:
IVE HEARD BAD THINGS ABOUT THIS PLACE! IM LOOKING FOR MY SON AND THEY WANT TO SEND HIM THERE. HELPPPP
Well, Sue, don't be so judgmental until you know all the facts. First of all: yes, we do have freedoms, curfews, etc. A certain amount of willingness is necessary for recovery to happen. By virtue of locking an addict down, you're not making him more likely to succeed. It's not a jail, it's a recovery center. More than ninety guys are in the program. Have a couple of them caused chaos and dismay? Yes. However, for the most part there is so much more sobriety there than disarray. God is working right here in Campbellsville. Be open-minded, not to mention grateful...
Social Services

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Mar 21, 2011
SUE wrote:
Is like AA Program, only works if you want it to. Most don't. Just do there Court Ordered time and go back to same life.
one of those guys

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Mar 21, 2011
If one man puts it together and it saves his life, it's all worth it.
arc alumni

Greensburg, KY

#5 Mar 22, 2011
this is the family of a recoverying alcoholic ,i thank god every day for the program .it is truly a blessing but like the other post mention ,you have to want to be clean and sober .my opionion its the best thing that ever happened to taylor co .thank you god from all whom blessing flow .sincerly the loving family of a recovering alcoholic .
Kentuckykkk

Prattsville, AR

#6 Mar 22, 2011
SUE wrote:
Will I can tell you the one is c-ville is a get away from the one in Louisville on market st.I know a lot of people who has been to the one on market st.The bottom line is your going to change your life when your tired of being tired.it does help for you to get facts about the sickness and it is a sickness.But when someone hit there bottom then there ready.Most I have seen goes because of courts or family.And not tell the person them self want the change will it happen.So as far as where they want to send your son im taking it your talking about the court any of them are better then jail.At the healing place you will work to stay clean as they worked to get there drug or drink.And its people with the same problem as they have who is teaching it so they will understand and know BS if they see it.If you son can go be glad the best help anyone can get is with people who understand and been there.
Calls it like I sees it

Big Clifty, KY

#7 Apr 23, 2011
I think if someone is trying to change their life and putting worth the effort to change, people should support it. There are people who steal form wal-mart all the time even before the healing place was there. These men are not animals-they do not need to be caged up like animals, they deserve freedom just like anyone else. I was at the car wash on wednesday cleaning out my vehicle and I saw a group walking by, they spoke and went on-NOT into havoc ways and actions. SOOOOO....Rock on healing place guys! and dont pay any attention to negative feedback
LMS

Buffalo, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2011
All we can do is try to help them. Are the politicains that will ruin america and the poor will be screwed by the rich so we have a lot of problems.
to one of those guys

Big Clifty, KY

#9 Apr 23, 2011
I am not the type of person who gets on topix often and rarely reply to post but when I saw this I just could not resist the temptation to add one last commentary. My personal opinion on the “rehab guys” is as follows-I condone all the fellas at the center for their commitment to make a change in their lives. Whether if voluntary or in-voluntary, they are there. It is sad and minuet that people are concerned with downfalls of the human nature and past failures impeding and obstructing the bigger picture. I support “those guys” and hope that they achieve any and all obstacles in their lives. I could not imagine the struggles that they go through and hope that I never do. I am appalled by the reactions of this community and selfish thoughts.
LMS

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Apr 24, 2011
Right.
hmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Apr 24, 2011
I am new to Campbellsville. I was just wondering where this place is located? Is this place for male and female juveniles only? Thank you
LMS

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Apr 24, 2011
With all the drugies no here jus wait and you should get an answer. Might try just asking google?
helper

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Apr 24, 2011
hmmm wrote:
I am new to Campbellsville. I was just wondering where this place is located? Is this place for male and female juveniles only? Thank you
this is a for males only no females. its located off hiestand farm rd behide holiday inn.
LMS

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Apr 25, 2011
Thanks helper.
from me

Mount Ida, AR

#16 Apr 25, 2011
LMS wrote:
With all the drugies no here jus wait and you should get an answer. Might try just asking google?
You do know that Campbellsville University offers English as a second language now right? You might want to check into that before your next post!!This is from the same girl that wrote "to one of those guys", just did not want to address this to them...
LMS

Campbellsville, KY

#17 Apr 25, 2011
You are stupid. I am doing just fine on here. Nice little hobby and biiiittchs like you don't bother me. You are one that wasted your time to get on this forum to tell me this stupid crap, get a life. I have one and more money than you and health coverage, etc, etc.
boyah

Clarkson, KY

#18 Sep 5, 2011
Seen the program from a visitors view and know someone going thru the program. Its strict and for real. Lot of good being produced for a lot of people. Bless Them
Yes yes

Pflugerville, TX

#19 Sep 5, 2011
They need a place for girls to go my daughter had to go out of town because they can't have boys and girls I'n same town why
opportunity

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Sep 7, 2011
I just wanted to add that we are blessed to have The Healing Place in Campbellsville. This is a huge problem in the world today and yes it is a disease. It affects effects almost every family in one way or the other. It's an opportunity to get help...some will take it and better their lives and others will not. It is up to them. As for me and my family we will help this program anyway we can by donating what we can.
Anita

Danville, KY

#21 Sep 10, 2011
Ask the walmart next door what they think, there always stealing from there and I heard place is full of drugs, I dont like my tax money funding it at all. if your gonna give to a place give to one that dont feed off our taxes like a faith based one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln Ave Haunted House! 1 hr Viper 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr umoron 153,778
can i go to jail for child support while waitin... (Aug '11) 5 hr Appalled 68
caught in car dogknotted up 9 hr Ghost of Steve Hash 3
anybody know Byron Hash? 12 hr Ebb_S 3
Threesome 13 hr Jackiejgirl 3
Dawna and her vile troling on topix 15 hr Ghost of Steve Hash 2

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages