Kroger closing Ky stores
privateselection

Greenbrier, AR

#1 Sep 2, 2008
Reuters is reporting that Kroger may close up to 30 stores in it's Mid-South region. Included on the closure list is up to 12 stores in Kentucky. Has anyone heard if a Campbellsville store might be on their hit list?
Eclectic Aquarian

Clarkson, KY

#2 Sep 2, 2008
ok, cant seem to find anything on that one. Got a link to the story?

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville, KY

#3 Sep 2, 2008
probably since you have 2 right?
walmart

Columbia, KY

#4 Sep 2, 2008
well everybody LOVES walmart so don't be surprised if EVERYTHING closes. They are getting rich while the poor get poorer.
Think about it: as much as they sell don't you think they could beat other store prices BETTER THAN A PENNY OR 2. I have not and WILL NOT shop at walmart. they are putting all the smaller stores out of business.
wilbert employee

Winchester, KY

#5 Sep 2, 2008
well you must have plenty of money or food stamps keep paying those high prices.Wal mart matches all ads and its more than a penny or two.
privateselection

Greenbrier, AR

#6 Sep 2, 2008
Eclectic Aquarian wrote:
ok, cant seem to find anything on that one. Got a link to the story?
Read it while at work today. Sorry I could not find the story again.
Mitt

Buffalo, TX

#7 Sep 2, 2008
privateselection wrote:
Reuters is reporting that Kroger may close up to 30 stores in it's Mid-South region. Included on the closure list is up to 12 stores in Kentucky. Has anyone heard if a Campbellsville store might be on their hit list?
This is not true 100% not true
owner

Clarkson, KY

#8 Sep 2, 2008
both krogers are closing sorry thanks for your years of service
Kroger devotee

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Sep 3, 2008
ARE YOU SERIOUS???? The Krogers here in Campbellsville may be closing???? WHY????? I depend on Kroger for my food. A few months ago I quit buying stuff from the regular aisles and now I mostly shop the "Nature's Market". Does Wal-Mart have organic foods? I don't get to shop at Wal-Mart anymore because money is so tight.
Mr Kroger

Hawesville, KY

#10 Sep 3, 2008
Kroger devotee wrote:
ARE YOU SERIOUS???? The Krogers here in Campbellsville may be closing???? WHY????? I depend on Kroger for my food. A few months ago I quit buying stuff from the regular aisles and now I mostly shop the "Nature's Market". Does Wal-Mart have organic foods? I don't get to shop at Wal-Mart anymore because money is so tight.
If you check the website for Reuters, there is not mention of Kroger closing any stores, so I wouldn't worry about it until you actually see or hear something to verify the apparantly false posting.
Miss Lady

Franklin, TN

#11 Sep 3, 2008
Googled til my fingers bled and couldn't find any mention of Kroger closing any stores in Kentucky.
Mitt

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Sep 4, 2008
Kroger devotee wrote:
No they are NOT closing. Someone thinks this is funny to spread. Probably someone who was fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Traveler 149,017
Single 1 hr LMS 2
We will we will track you 3 hr LMS 3
Electric riding carts at WalMart (Mar '11) 6 hr LMS 81
"Relay for Life"...Is it a Scam (May '10) 15 hr Tyler 106
Relatives of Chris Agee 17 hr Jeremy 2
Where are the grasshoppers? (Jun '12) 23 hr LMS 25

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages