Next Last
shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Oct 23, 2009
Who was the coaches that got into it with the fans on Thursday night
not suprised

Bolivar, MO

#2 Oct 24, 2009
They have been physically challenging the kids all year, so maybe they were challenged by someone their own size and age.
Was there

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Oct 25, 2009
I was there...the fan was the one who came down and went off on one of the coaches. He acted like a total freaking idiot. It was embarrassing to watch.
play ball

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 25, 2009
Was there wrote:
I was there...the fan was the one who came down and went off on one of the coaches. He acted like a total freaking idiot. It was embarrassing to watch.
The fan was just voicing his opinion which he has a right to do so. The coach is the one who turned around and said something to the fan which caused the fan to come down to have a little chit-chat. Maybe the fan was just saying what needed to be said.
Sad parent

Hawesville, KY

#5 Oct 26, 2009
Was this parents child not getting to play? Grow up that's the reason the coach is the coach and the parents need to stay in the stands!!
play ball

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2009
Sad parent wrote:
Was this parents child not getting to play? Grow up that's the reason the coach is the coach and the parents need to stay in the stands!!
He has NO kids on the team. So again, maybe what was said needs to have been said.
nokin

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Nov 10, 2009
YEAH
High School Coach

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Nov 11, 2009
Is the High School Coach staying or leaving? I remember reading that he was going to step down after the season. If the middle school is any indication, TC football will not be very good for years to come.
TCMS football dad

Bedias, TX

#9 Nov 11, 2009
The numbers were fair, but not much talent or speed this year at TCMS. We need a young high school coach with triplets that each runs a 3.5 and plays good defense. I'm not sure any coach will win unless we get more talent.
eagle fan

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Nov 11, 2009
We have alot less kids on our team, and we're doing great. Maybe you can come steal some of ours like you always do. TC always trying to recruit good city players
System Problem

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Nov 11, 2009
TCMS football dad wrote:
The numbers were fair, but not much talent or speed this year at TCMS. We need a young high school coach with triplets that each runs a 3.5 and plays good defense. I'm not sure any coach will win unless we get more talent.
The talent is the same as the surrounding communities (Greensburg, Larue Co., ect...) The system is just not taking advantage to the strengths of the kids. You can not tell me that our kids are that much different than kids 15-20 min down the road, and look at the results they are getting by running the ball. Look at the results TCHS has had running the ball as compared to passing the ball this season, especially against a team like Garrard Co. that was supposed to beat TCHS easily, but the Cards were forced to run the ball and use their big\strong lineman to push people because of the field conditions. I think it is a system peoblem more than a lack of quality players problem in TC.
TCMS football dad

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 11, 2009
I was actually talking about TCMS, but the high school doesn't match up well against fast teams either. I haven't gone to but one high school game this year and that was early against C-ville (maybe 2nd game). We played teams in middle school this year that was way to fast for us. The only time forever that we beat Green County was when we had some speed (Levi was an eighth grader). We have good size and hard working kids - just too slow. Let's get some of the speedsters to play.
System Problem

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Nov 11, 2009
TCMS football dad wrote:
I was actually talking about TCMS, but the high school doesn't match up well against fast teams either. I haven't gone to but one high school game this year and that was early against C-ville (maybe 2nd game). We played teams in middle school this year that was way to fast for us. The only time forever that we beat Green County was when we had some speed (Levi was an eighth grader). We have good size and hard working kids - just too slow. Let's get some of the speedsters to play.
Put the speedsters in the backfield and let the slow, strong boys run block for them. It works for Green Co., Larue County, and Marion County. As well as many other successful programs around the state.
G C Parent

Cave City, KY

#14 Nov 11, 2009
To many soccer mom boys not enough boys waunting to play hard football. Looks like TC is getting soft to many soccer mama boys ha ha!!!
No better

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Nov 11, 2009
The kids from Green County are no better or worse than the kids from Taylor. The difference is the youth leagues are free and more kids have the opportunity to play as well as the system they run. Running the ball limits the number of turnovers and is more consistent than passing the ball. Running the ball does not take as many decisions from the teenagers, making it more efficient.
Ben Gates

Hawesville, KY

#16 Nov 12, 2009
The problem is not the system. The problem is the diversion of the talent pool to support two high school football teams when there should only be one.
TCMS football dad

Campbellsville, KY

#17 Nov 12, 2009
We already have a lot more kids than Green (varsity and middle school) and both of our teams got creamed this year by 4 or 5 touchdowns. Since I have a connection to TCMS, I see most of their home games every year and I follow them, and I know that they (GCMS) often beats us worse than that (except for Levi's 8th grade year). Their varsity beats us too. All that combining the schools will do is move the varsity up to 5A competition. It would help middle school, however. We need to figure how to get more athletes out.
Ben Gates

Hawesville, KY

#18 Nov 12, 2009
TCMS football dad wrote:
We already have a lot more kids than Green (varsity and middle school) and both of our teams got creamed this year by 4 or 5 touchdowns. Since I have a connection to TCMS, I see most of their home games every year and I follow them, and I know that they (GCMS) often beats us worse than that (except for Levi's 8th grade year). Their varsity beats us too. All that combining the schools will do is move the varsity up to 5A competition. It would help middle school, however. We need to figure how to get more athletes out.
But all of the good athletes would be on one team instead of a few on both.
Father

Centerville, TX

#19 Nov 12, 2009
Ben Gates wrote:
<quoted text>
But all of the good athletes would be on one team instead of a few on both.
This means that the
percent of the athletes who are presently playing will be left out. What happens to them?
So many of them with no involvement become disinterested in school (and some with life completely).
I'd rather my son be able to play on a team that does not always win than not to get to play at all.
Ben Gates

Hawesville, KY

#20 Nov 12, 2009
Father wrote:
<quoted text>This means that the
percent of the athletes who are presently playing will be left out. What happens to them?
So many of them with no involvement become disinterested in school (and some with life completely).
I'd rather my son be able to play on a team that does not always win than not to get to play at all.
I understand your point from a parent's perspective, but this is exactly the attitude that will continue to keep this town at the bottom of the barrel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min another viewer 167,499
ben begley 2 hr Curiosity Kills ... 1
Open discussion involving DawnaHash aka Gummy 4 hr Mayme Hash 5
Dawna stalking JeffSchwab once again. 6 hr County Clerk 1
in jesus name we pray 7 hr Morris 1
john hinton 9 hr Curious 5
New couples 12 hr Patti 15

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages