LeBaNoN ALLSTAR

Campbellsville, KY

#2 May 21, 2008
i guess it should be HAUNTED. sorry for the typo

“iIf honesty hurts. Don't ask!!”

Since: May 08

Greensburg, KY

#3 May 21, 2008
i don't know about c-ville. in greensburg, the old courthouse is suppose to be haunted.
80s lady

Lebanon, KY

#4 May 21, 2008
LeBaNoN ALLSTAR wrote:
tell me
spurlington tunnel.. especially in the fall.. witch named nancy bass is supposed to be buried there.. sometimes you can hear the train whistle or rumbling of a train when you are in it.. beware of nancy take a flash light and mud boots

“All your base are belong to us”

Since: Jan 08

Voice of Reason, USA

#5 May 21, 2008
I have a neat story about the Spurlington Tunnel. My wife , kid and I went in search of the fabled tunnel. After stopping at Wal Mart for supplies, such as 2 new flashlights and fresh batteries, we were off. We stopped at the house near the tunnel, asked permission (which is the right thing to do), and headed in. After a bit of a hike, there it was. We went in with a bit of trepidation, and when it was dark enough, on went the lights...or they should have...Here's where it gets good...The lights, remember, they were brand new with fresh batteries, immediately started to dim. Both of them. Then went completely out. It was very dark now. I grabbed a backup LED light out of my pocket, and we continued, although a little creeped out. We went back as far as a hundred yards or so and looked back at the entrance. A mist had risen in the tunnel behind us. Now this was around July 4 and it was quite warm and dry if you remember last summer. The mist continued to rise, it got cool and then the mist came by us in a rush of wind and went up the "smoke hole" in the center of the tunnel. If you have ever been in there, you know what I'm talking about, there is a hole to let the smoke from the old steam engines escape. After the mist ran by us, the tunnel warmed back up and it was clear again. Satisfied with the trip, we headed back out. When we reached the tunnel's entrance, the flashlights fired back up and we haven't had a problem with them since, and still have the same batteries in them. Weird enough for you?
The Mayor

Campbellsville, KY

#6 May 21, 2008
Thats what you get for buying Neveready batteries. lol
haha

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 May 21, 2008
SeaPhoenix wrote:
I have a neat story about the Spurlington Tunnel. My wife , kid and I went in search of the fabled tunnel. After stopping at Wal Mart for supplies, such as 2 new flashlights and fresh batteries, we were off. We stopped at the house near the tunnel, asked permission (which is the right thing to do), and headed in. After a bit of a hike, there it was. We went in with a bit of trepidation, and when it was dark enough, on went the lights...or they should have...Here's where it gets good...The lights, remember, they were brand new with fresh batteries, immediately started to dim. Both of them. Then went completely out. It was very dark now. I grabbed a backup LED light out of my pocket, and we continued, although a little creeped out. We went back as far as a hundred yards or so and looked back at the entrance. A mist had risen in the tunnel behind us. Now this was around July 4 and it was quite warm and dry if you remember last summer. The mist continued to rise, it got cool and then the mist came by us in a rush of wind and went up the "smoke hole" in the center of the tunnel. If you have ever been in there, you know what I'm talking about, there is a hole to let the smoke from the old steam engines escape. After the mist ran by us, the tunnel warmed back up and it was clear again. Satisfied with the trip, we headed back out. When we reached the tunnel's entrance, the flashlights fired back up and we haven't had a problem with them since, and still have the same batteries in them. Weird enough for you?
You people crack me up with your Spurlington Tunnel stories. I guess someone could walk up behind ya and say "boo" and you'd be scared crapless, right? LOL
brown eyes

Lexington, KY

#8 May 22, 2008
I have walked all the way through the Spurlington Tunnel over to the trussels and looked at the land behind the tunnel it is a beautiful site but didn't see any ghost, or Nancy and didn't have a flash light. In the dark one must pace their self to walk on the tracks not the rails and be careful there R big holes in between the wooden slats that could cause one to spring or break an ankle!
GOWEN PLACES

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 22, 2008
By the SPURLINGTON tunnel My House must haunted. No one will stay Long. LOL... Myspace/travisjoe

Voice of Reason, USA

#10 May 22, 2008
brown eyes wrote:
I have walked all the way through the Spurlington Tunnel over to the trussels and looked at the land behind the tunnel it is a beautiful site but didn't see any ghost, or Nancy and didn't have a flash light. In the dark one must pace their self to walk on the tracks not the rails and be careful there R big holes in between the wooden slats that could cause one to spring or break an ankle!
Uh, there are no tracks in the tunnel. Have you been in there?
fig

Philpot, KY

#11 May 22, 2008
There were tracks in the tunnel. They took them out after they destroyed the tressel. Did not want people to keep going thru because of all the bats. The smoke hole is called the shaft hole. It is scary at night. Love it. Haven't went thru for a long time. You don't have to ask the house in front of it permission to go in, just permission to park at their house. Nice to be polite. Go to the library and read about it.
c vill man

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 May 23, 2008
yes i have went thrue in the dark also
A long time agow even drove thrue right after the tracks were removed. drove over the trussel and drank beer the whole way god I miss the 80 s
BOO

Glasgow, KY

#13 May 23, 2008
Another haunted place is the old house out Tebbs Bend, actually there are a couple there but the one I am referring to is the one on the left as you turn down tebbs bend to the right, coming from Cville.
fig

Philpot, KY

#14 May 23, 2008
c vill man wrote:
yes i have went thrue in the dark also
A long time agow even drove thrue right after the tracks were removed. drove over the trussel and drank beer the whole way god I miss the 80 s
Did the same thing in the late 70's. Good times.:)
oh me

Campbellsville, KY

#15 May 23, 2008
GOWEN PLACES wrote:
By the SPURLINGTON tunnel My House must haunted. No one will stay Long. LOL... Myspace/travisjoe
Do what?
Are you saying "your house is haunted and nobay stays long".
I agree

United States

#16 May 23, 2008
brown eyes wrote:
If your going to talk non-sense, at least be original!

Voice of Reason, USA

#17 May 24, 2008
fig wrote:
There were tracks in the tunnel. They took them out after they destroyed the tressel. Did not want people to keep going thru because of all the bats. The smoke hole is called the shaft hole. It is scary at night. Love it. Haven't went thru for a long time. You don't have to ask the house in front of it permission to go in, just permission to park at their house. Nice to be polite. Go to the library and read about it.
I was in there July of last year...no tracks. Did find some old iron spikes and some blind crayfish, though. Oh, and the CREEPY EVIL MIST...but I digress.
Its me

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 May 24, 2008
down on Tebbs Bend,
where a battle was fought, near the cemetary,
at nighttime, i heard teenage kids tell me
its creepy. But then again, I am all for
a good ghost story.
But many people told me that
its haunted.
rachel

Louisville, KY

#19 Aug 22, 2008
i went in the tunnel when I was 7mos pregnant with two others. It was daytime and there was a hole not too far from the entrance in the top of the tunnel. We all saw the same thing, and saw it clearly. I am one to investigate, to make sure it's real. Very stubborn. I was being impulsive and had no flashlight, and I was going to walk all the way thru the tunnel. Well I was almost to the hole, my friends not too far behind, when outta no where there was a shadow of a man that appeared. It came so sudden, I almost walked right on top of it. Instead of running, I stood there examining it, making sure it connected to nothing or something, examining the shape, etc. It was a lone man-shadow definately. And I was a stubborn aitheist when I saw this. My friends freaked out bc they saw it too, and urged me to get out of the tunnel. I finally did. I am not so sure the soul came from the tunnel. I think he followed us in there and followed us out(my friends cried that he was "chasing us" as we were leaving. I didn't look). Think about it, I was putting my baby in danger with my impulsivity---no flashlight, no knowledge of the tunnel's terrain. And whoever deiced to show themself to me as if to say, "halt it rt there!" sure knew what would scare me and what wouldn't. If I were truly scared, I wouldn't have stayed there to examine, which was good by my baby since being scared is not too good. I believe the whole point of his appearing was to tell me to leave. And so, needless to say---I am no longer aitheist. And my baby is spritely.:)
mad dog

Campbellsville, KY

#20 Aug 23, 2008
go to end of hatcher rd.late at night turn around turn your car off,watch you will see a bright light. ,if you dont belive me go see for your self .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Uncle Tab 154,123
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min NG Duet 5,679
Capt Grider has died. 41 min LMS 14
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 47 min Voter 26,287
Lost Possum 3 hr LMS 10
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr LMS 16,170
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr LMS 131,075
•••
•••

Campbellsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••