DRY

Greenbrier, AR

#155 Nov 2, 2006
git over it.
SAME IN RC

Russell Springs, KY

#156 Nov 2, 2006
Heres your sign wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree with you that as long as the same old same is in office nothing will go right for Columbia.I moved here in 2000 and nothing has changed,no new jobs,no new officials,the same old people running Columbia. All a lot of Columbia is is gossiping and stirring the ship.I am not for or against Columbia going wet but I would like to see it step out of the stone age and join the real world.
Its the same here .THE ONES THAT DO MOST OF THE PISSING AND MOANING THAT WE NEVER HAVE ANYTHING OVER HERE ARE THE SAME ONES WHO WONT VOTE RC WET.WITH LAKE CUMBERLAND IN OUR BACK YARDS THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST BACKWARDS THINKING BUNCH OF PEOPLE ON EARTH.IF THEY WOULD ONLY SIT DOWN AND FIGURE HOW MUCH MONEY RC IS LOSING BY NOT SELLING THOSE PEOPLE BEER. ITS NOT LIKE THEY DONT DRIVE HERE WITH BEER WITH THEM.PLEASE PEOPLE OPEN YOUR EYES AND LETS GET RC VOTED WET .THEY ARE GONNA DRINK IT WHY NOT SELL IT TO THEM HERE INSTEAD OF THE BIG CITIES GETTING ALL THE BENEFITS.
Patsy

Centralia, WA

#157 Mar 30, 2007
Can a person buy beer and wine in the grocery stores in Bowling Green? Or are there regulated liquor stores? Considering a move to Bowling Green and just wondering.
Angie

Russell Springs, KY

#158 Sep 11, 2007
If Adair Co. goes wet nothing will happen, just bars, Somerset KY needs to go wet or some other town with at lest 15,000 people or more and a few major highways Columbia is going to always be behind the shadows of Campbellsville and Somerset and Glasgow they will always have the growth and should be the only ones going wet. not some very small very hick very ignorant town, im supprised with the race riots still going on that you even have a college with such good ratings but even it is filling up with the local ignorant hicks of Adair Co.
Redneck

Conway, AR

#159 Sep 20, 2007
me to
Redneck_Boy

Conway, AR

#160 Sep 20, 2007
Whats up?
ARKANSAS

Conway, AR

#161 Sep 20, 2007
I THINK FAULKNER SHOULD BE WET. MAYBE THERE WOULD BE LESS LONG DISTANCE RECKS
ARKANSAS

Conway, AR

#162 Sep 20, 2007
notwrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree...I'm in my late 20's so it hasn't been that long ago that I was under the legal drinking age. Just because the county goes wet, doesn't automatically mean all the things you talked about. It's not hard for kids to get alcohol now. If it was legalized, it might actually help with the underage drinking. They will get carded at a store selling alcohol whereas now, they can go to the bootleggers and they don't care who they sell to as long as they know for sure the person isn't a cop. As an underage drinker, I pretty much got alcohol anytime I wanted it because kids will always have friends that will supply them. As far as the accidents go, maybe if the county is voted wet, there will be more call for unannounced road blocks by the authorities.(And please don't start bashing the local law enforcement, that's a different forum). Anyway, that's just my opinion. I know it doesn't change yours and that's fine. I just wanted to respond with a little first hand knowledge about the whole "kids buying alcohol" thing. And don't worry, no matter how the vote goes, I'm gonna be paying for my choices later in life because I'm now raising two young children of my own. LOL It's gonna come back to bite me in the butt either way.
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!
user

Gradyville, KY

#163 Sep 21, 2007
you people get on here and say you want columbia wet,well i can say theres not too many of you that do.i started a petition to try to get it voted on and only 1100 people signed it and we needed 1800 so dont fuss about it being dry if you never took the time to sign the petition!!!!
UNKNOWN

Campbellsville, KY

#164 Sep 27, 2007
VOTE DRY.
set back

Russell Springs, KY

#165 Sep 27, 2007
i totally agree,new leadership!!!and i would vote wet!!!!!!!!!!
more revenue wrote:
If Columbia would go wet we might start to see nice resturants move in, shopping and entertainment, and maybe the industries would move in also. As it is now, we all drive to B.G., E-town, etc. which takes our dollars out of Columbia and puts them into there communities. I do think we are moving in the right direction by adding the on/off ramp, however, when it comes to the Super WAL-MART moving in and there are not more jobs in Columbia to generate revenue, this town will dry up quick ($$ dollar wise $$). WAL-MARTS do not put back, they only take out! WAL-MARTS do not even help the local banks, they are only used as a pass-through to the national chain banks. Therefore, the money deposited couldn't be used to loan out to the local people as a source of revenue. That would be a shame to see all the smaller locally owned and operated business lose out to a WAL-MART Super Center (clothing stores, auto stores, tire shops, grocery stores, and the list goes on and on).
wet or dry

Russell Springs, KY

#167 Sep 28, 2007
Wet? or Dry?
titus1

Elizabethtown, KY

#168 Oct 2, 2007
wet or dry wrote:
Wet? or Dry?
wet
VOTE CVILLE WET

Ashburn, VA

#169 Oct 3, 2007
I vote Campbellsville to be wet 100%....wonder if we could begin a petition on here. As long as everyone puts their real name it would be...correct?
hello

Lexington, KY

#170 Oct 4, 2007
You all think Adair Co. should go wet? What about Taylor Co.? We all need a little TURKEY!!
David Bowling Green

Georgetown, IN

#171 Nov 6, 2007
Patsy wrote:
Can a person buy beer and wine in the grocery stores in Bowling Green? Or are there regulated liquor stores? Considering a move to Bowling Green and just wondering.
Yes there are liqour stores. open ?:?? till 11:00 monday through saturday closed on sundays
David BG prev Glasgow

Georgetown, IN

#172 Nov 6, 2007
wet or dry wrote:
Wet? or Dry?
WET, WET, WET!!!!
If you've ever eaten at Red Lobster, O'Charlies, Applebee's or any other restaurant that serves alcohol it would be hypocritical to vote dry. I used to live in Glasgow and still work there. I don't want to go get plastered, but I would like to be able to eat at Friday's for lunch or have better choices for our company christmas dinner other than "ugh" shoney's.
user

Gradyville, KY

#173 Nov 8, 2007
someone said that pj's cycle shop is now trying to get the petition going, good luck guys. ill definitely sign for it.maybe youll have better luck than i did.
FYI

Lexington, KY

#174 Nov 8, 2007
WAY TO GO GLASGOW, THIS WILL SAVE THE DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO BOWLING GREEN. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Have a Drink on Me

Hawesville, KY

#175 Nov 8, 2007
Great day for freedom of choice. The citizens of Glasgow have spoken for change and progress. If only Campbellsville would follow suit. Our day will come, just have to be patient.

Oh, better not travel to Glasgow now because it will be the Mecca of murder, drugs, prostitution, etc. because they have alcohol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr LMS 148,361
Do libtards celebrate Memorial Day? (May '15) 1 hr LMS 17
keith mann (May '10) 2 hr LMS 17
LMS has enjoyed his day (Jun '12) 4 hr LMS 2
Where is our depressing news of the day McGruff (Jun '12) 4 hr LMS 2
LMS makes my day (Sep '11) 4 hr LMS 4
Amazon's Attendance Policy (Jan '10) 5 hr LMS 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages