taylor county fair
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mad

London, KY

#1 Jun 6, 2009
would someone pls tell me when the tc fair starts and what night the beauty pageant is
test

Danville, KY

#2 Jun 6, 2009
test
PattyTCakes

Prattsville, AR

#3 Jun 7, 2009
i think the fair started last night..not sure of when the pageant is though.
Fair

Greenville, KY

#4 Jun 7, 2009
Pageants are Tuesday night for Miss TC Fair and Thurs night for Miss Teen. Started last night and resumes tomorrow thru Saturday
Need date and time

Mount Washington, KY

#5 Jun 8, 2009
Fair wrote:
Pageants are Tuesday night for Miss TC Fair and Thurs night for Miss Teen. Started last night and resumes tomorrow thru Saturday
Can someone tell me when the pre-teen pageant is? What time do they need to be registered by and what is the registration fee?
does any one know

Lexington, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2009
anyone know if there having a mud sling this year if so what night is it?
Look at

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 8, 2009
The schedule is on CKNJ.com
does any one know

Lexington, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2009
not bein smart but i have looked i can not find it.
Events

Louisville, KY

#9 Jun 9, 2009
No mud sling this year. Pageants tonight, Go Kart Race on Weds, Tractor Pull on Thurs, Demo Derby on Friday, KTPA on Saturday.

Carnival is awesome
Dreamer

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jun 9, 2009
how much is it to get into the carnival this year?
info

Grapeland, TX

#11 Jun 9, 2009
10 bucks, tonight family night 8 bucks, susposed to be a good midway, we'll see.
Last night

Louisville, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2009
it is a pretty good carnival. they got the freak out, orbiter, cliff hanger, yoyo, bumper cars, tornado and a bunch of little rides. better than last year and not bad for a county fair. about the same that adair county gets.
Wondering

Coolidge, TX

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Y did they cancel the racing tonite? It didnt even rain anymore did no one show up or what? Just wondering

Since: Jan 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Jun 11, 2009
Wondering wrote:
Y did they cancel the racing tonite? It didnt even rain anymore did no one show up or what? Just wondering
Just the anticipation of the Taylor County fair, had people wetting their pants. Need I say more? Who could race in that?

“Daggonit, baby.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15 Jun 11, 2009
viking1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the anticipation of the Taylor County fair, had people wetting their pants. Need I say more? Who could race in that?
Remember back in the good old days (70's) when the had the fair in the FALL just after school started? What happened with that?
Bryan Blair

Louisville, KY

#16 Jun 11, 2009
The races were cancelled because we "lost the track". We had a crew work on the track until about 2am on Weds morning. Then when it rained on Weds morning we had a crew working the track after the first rain. They had it to the point it was raceable and then came the big thunderstorm and there was too much water on the track to get it back into racing form. The go karts can't race in the mud and the call to cancel was made by coordinating with the racing promoter. Trust me, the fair board did NOT want to cancel but there wasn't any other choice.

As for the fair after school starts, we tried that back in the late 90's when we started the fair back up and had too many complaints from parents and also saw very few kids at the fair until Friday. Also, several winners at the county level move on to the state fair. The Kentucky State Fair used to run later in August and actually years ago was in September. It now stars in mid-August. Most Kentucky county fairs run from early June to late July, with only a few being the first two weeks of August and only one or two being during or after the state fair itself.
Bryan Blair

Louisville, KY

#17 Jun 11, 2009
Let me clarify...the fair board AND the promoter did not want to cancel the races, but there was too much water on the track and too much mud to get it back into racing form.
i think

Lexington, KY

#18 Jun 11, 2009
my kids loved the carnival this here...its the best we have had in a long time.

Since: Jan 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jun 11, 2009
tenacious m wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember back in the good old days (70's) when the had the fair in the FALL just after school started? What happened with that?
Sorry T, I didn't move here till '82. I don't remember the good ol' days around here. It's been a long time since there has been any good days in c-ville.
Bryan Blair

Louisville, KY

#20 Jun 11, 2009
Comments and suggestions can be sent to [email protected] If you're at the fair this week and see a fair board member, feel free to mention things you'd like to see. We've had very positive comments and several suggestions. It is YOUR fair Taylor County and we want your input and ideas.

We are very pleased with the carnival as well and hope that they'll return next year. The transition from one carnival after 11 years to a new one this year has been very smooth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr ChromiuMan 148,158
doug thompson (Jul '09) 11 hr madeUlook 67
Phillip and Cindy Underwood 17 hr Really 1
Review: Elkhorn Baptist Church (Oct '15) 17 hr Joe 13
Marion Adjustment Center (Jun '13) 17 hr wtf 22
Serco / ESH (Apr '13) 19 hr Letgettothetruth 9
Shooting 21 hr Sadness 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages