First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The Australian Jesus”

Since: Oct 10

Heaven on a Stick

#1 Aug 10, 2011
Yes like Hooters only without the breasts....but similar saliva reaction from the males.

I'm starting to get the impression some of my American friends don't really like me.

Am I being somewhat judgmental in that belief?
Hmm

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Aug 10, 2011
You have friends?

“The Australian Jesus”

Heaven on a Stick

#3 Aug 10, 2011
Yes I have a few...why?...do you need one?

Or are you gonna tell me you have a huge big family of friends and are only ever on tropix because your bored and needed to save some idiot from themselves?

I'm actually watching a late movie...whats your excuse?

“Stealing cattle since 1681”

Since: Aug 11

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Why do you hate me?

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2011
God hates sin. I think that makes Him a "hater".

I hate Islam.

“The Australian Jesus”

Heaven on a Stick

#6 Aug 10, 2011
Robroy McGregor wrote:
God hates sin. I think that makes Him a "hater".
I hate Islam.
I got no time for organized religion in general but I don't hate any of them as long as they stick to themselves and don't feel a passion to kill me because I don't follow their particular epiphany.

United States

#7 Aug 23, 2011
Crikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no time for organized religion in general but I don't hate any of them as long as they stick to themselves and don't feel a passion to kill me because I don't follow their particular epiphany.
I don't hate muslims. I consider them the most acutely negatively impacted by the teaching of Islam.

It is islam and its teaching that I hate.

“The Australian Jesus”

Heaven on a Stick

#8 Aug 23, 2011
Considering how many Muslims there are and we generally only ever hear the negative of a small fundamentalist proportion then I'm not surprised most people have a negative attitude.

Easy to focus on the negative particularly when you consider it sells news...most people don't want to hear fluffy good news stories.

The Koran no more teaches hate then does the bible...it's the dill's that cherry pick to suit their outrage...Pastor Fred Phelps claims to be a christian and happily waves a bible around quoting those bits that suit his outrage.

This is why I steer clear of the bible full stop and organized religion in general when it comes to spirituality...for every quote you can find support your thought I could find one that discounts it.

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2011
Crikey wrote:
The Koran no more teaches hate then does the bible...
That is an out and out lie. The bible teaches love, not hate. And the violence in the bible is recorded history, not instruction for contemporary readers. In the Koran it is both.

Educate yourself:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Terrorism/peac...
http://www.giveshare.org/islam/violencekoranb...
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/

“The Australian Jesus”

Heaven on a Stick

#11 Aug 23, 2011
"The bible teaches love, not hate. And the violence in the bible is recorded history"

See that's how stupid you are you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

No arguing with stupidity Roy...you just keep posting.
just sayin

White House, TN

#12 Aug 24, 2011
Crikey you failed to completely quote Robroy,and twisted what he said.

He quoted "And the violence in the bible is recorded history, not instruction for contemporary readers."

Meaning that the violence was merely recorded as facts of mistakes made and was not intended for the instruction for more violence in todays generations.

“The Australian Jesus”

Heaven on a Stick

#13 Aug 24, 2011
Quite right...perhaps rob could quote some of the Koran in full context?

Very easy to cherry pick that which suits the agenda.

“Former patriot.”

Since: Jun 11

Australia

#14 Aug 24, 2011
Having educated myself rob I feel I can reply with some knowledge.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Terrorism/peac...

"Originally prepared for and presented at a TV debate, these are the slightly updated notes of the Christian speaker."

No I can't see this chap having a biased opinion could you?

http://www.giveshare.org/islam/violencekoranb...

"Violence in The Koran and The Bible
by Samuele Bacchiocchi, Ph. D.
Retired Professor of Theology, Andrews University
Endtime Issues, No. 85"

Yep another completely unbiased opinion piece no doubt.

At least you included a reference link in case any of us wish to read it in it's entirety..bit sad its seems to be someones attempt at trying to provide a quick reference without any depth.

But I suppose considering it's second and third on google "koran" search then that's not unexpected...you must fill us in rob how far you have read through a real Quran?

I personally recommend a quick look at wiki "Quran"...interestin gly it suggests Muslims (sweeping generalization) consider it "the verbatim word of God and the Final Testament, following the Old and New Testaments."

Let's have quick cherry pick at the bible to balance things out a bit.

Exodus 34:20

English Standard Version

20. The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem. And none shall appear before me empty-handed.

Sounds like a classic mafia standover tatic if you ask me.

Exodus 21:15-17

King James Version

15. And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

16. And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

17. And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Yes sounds like a pretty loving god that champions tolerance and understanding...oh dear...looks like those kkk chaps better watch out for (16)

No wonder all your religious fundamental dills went to whack each other and turn on anyone that has no time for all that nonsense.

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2011
Crikey wrote:
"The bible teaches love, not hate. And the violence in the bible is recorded history"
See that's how stupid you are you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence.
No arguing with stupidity Roy...you just keep posting.
Explain to me how I contradicted myself? I'm not seeing it.

Hint: Violence and hate are not the same thing.

Oh, and God DOES hate sin. That's a fact. Hate is not always a bad thing. But notice that what He hates is an ACTION.

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2011
Gaynuts wrote:
No I can't see this chap having a biased opinion could you?
An educated person will of course have a biased opinion! That is what education does. My opinion is that the earth circles the sun. That is a bias based on knowledge.

That is a good thing.

United States

#17 Aug 24, 2011
Gaynuts wrote:
Let's have quick cherry pick at the bible to balance things out a bit.
Exodus 34:20
English Standard Version
20. The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem. And none shall appear before me empty-handed.
Sounds like a classic mafia standover tatic if you ask me.
Exodus 21:15-17
King James Version
15. And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
16. And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
17. And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Yes sounds like a pretty loving god that champions tolerance and understanding...oh dear...looks like those kkk chaps better watch out for (16)
No wonder all your religious fundamental dills went to whack each other and turn on anyone that has no time for all that nonsense.
Two things:

First, show me where Jesus teaches such things to non-Jews. Second, where is that taught today?

Third, please show me where the old testament (which Jesus completed, by the way), tells you to do harm to those who do not believe?

You see, one big difference between old testament instruction to Jews and the Koran's instruction to its believers is that Judaism is very, VERY non-evangelical. It does NOT attempt to proselytize and, in fact, makes it VERY difficult for one to convert to it's teachings. It's rules are for them only, and actually very loving. It preserves their culture and their internal theocracy. Islam, on the other hand, is very clear about conquering the world and, if necessary, FORCING sharia law on EVERYONE. And it is VERY brutal.

The difference is huge. They are completely different and only appear, at a cursory glance, to be remotely similar.

United States

#18 Aug 24, 2011
Crikey wrote:
Quite right...perhaps rob could quote some of the Koran in full context?
Very easy to cherry pick that which suits the agenda.
That is why I quoted the sites. No sense reinventing the wheel.
Thing is, to commit the mayhem committed by people in the name of Christ you have to actually go AGAINST His word. When Muslims do the things they do, from suicide bombings to beheadings of women for the crime of being raped, they are following the Koran.
And their goal is to foist it upon ALL of us. At least, if they follow the koran it is.

United States

#19 Aug 24, 2011
Gaynuts wrote:
Yep another completely unbiased opinion piece no doubt.

At least you included a reference link in case any of us wish to read it in it's entirety..bit sad its seems to be someones attempt at trying to provide a quick reference without any depth.
I'm thinking you didn't read it. I offered it as one site that offers the koran. There are many others. Just as one can use blueletterbible.org or biblegateway.com to study the bible, there are tons of sites one can use to study the koran as well as the hadith.

From the site above;
"This is an electronic version of The Holy Qur'an, translated by M.H. Shakir and published by Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., in 1983. The text was provided by the Online Book Initiative and subsequently marked up at the HTI in SGML. Like all the versions of this text derived from the Online Book Initiative, it is not free from errors and represents the text as published. We will strive to correct any transcription errors pointed out to us. "

If you don't like that one, read any of the others. Just use google. It's a short book.

“Former patriot.”

Australia

#20 Aug 25, 2011
"Explain to me how I contradicted myself? I'm not seeing it."

Did you ever stop to think I was using your tactic of cherry picking truth to suit your agenda?...perhaps you didn't even crack onto that till "just saying" chimed in?...I thought I better repeat that in case you didn't bother to read that either.

"An educated person will of course have a biased opinion! That is what education does. My opinion is that the earth circles the sun. That is a bias based on knowledge.

That is a good thing."

What kind of ignorant drivel is that...no rob it's not a good thing to have a biased opinion educated or otherwise...education is about an informed understanding and then having an unbiased opinion...you even try to pull the old "I believe in this therefore you should just believe what I say."...well rob I like to think for myself and examine relevant information before I form my own opinion not just blindly follow what someone else tells me to believe.

"Two things:

"First, show me where Jesus teaches such things to non-Jews."

Yes this is the bit where you start subdividing the bible into the bits we follow and reject those bits that don't suit our right way of thinking...nice try rob but even Christians can't agree on anything so I fail to see how you think you solved that one...oh and we mustn't forget Jews as there nearly as good as us but just a few niggles like the fact that reject Jesus as saviour and regard him as just a prophet which I think is the Qurans way of thinking too if memory serves me correctly.

"Second, where is that taught today?"

In a lot of narrow minded little congregations everywhere I would surmise as you seem to be a product of hatred towards other religions. "I hate Islam."...I believe that's one of your worldly wise statements?..yes very educated christian of you rob...your right and you are magnanimous enough to tolerate all those other misguided souls in the hope they will see your light one day but you hate the religion they follow.

"Third, please show me where the old testament (which Jesus completed, by the way), tells you to do harm to those who do not believe?"

Jesus never wrote any of the bible...in fact I think you will find most of it was plagiarized and modified by the various writers to suit their agenda...oh and that was actually three things but we'll over look that.

"That is why I quoted the sites. No sense reinventing the wheel"

Yes that's right rob just cherry pick the first site that suits your agenda...no no point in muddying the waters with real facts and information...hell why bother the bible already told you your right...well the bits that suit your agenda do I suppose...personally I'd call that a lazy blissfully ignorant person that probably would except a square wheel as being fully functional cause their chosen bit of their bible said so.

"If you don't like that one, read any of the others. Just use google. It's a short book."

Another flippant statement suggesting "If you don't care for my truth then you must be ignorant and I shall leave it to you to save yourself but I will be here when you need me".

"It's a short book"...you really don't know anything about it do you?...I think you will find it's at least as long as the bible if not longer...I have actually read enough of the Quran to know that it's pretty much like the bible (again there's plagiarism issues).

“Former patriot.”

Australia

#21 Aug 25, 2011
Now I will take this opportunity to put you straight on some things.

Oh but before I start...your online Koran is at best an abridged version written before the net even existed and probably needed to be that limited to fit on the 256kb floppy and I would suggest you dig deeper for a more comprehensive version.

I didn't start the religious angle rob...it was you whom chose to because you needed share all that new found belief you just found and can't understand why no-one else can see paradise through the same rose colour glasses you have on.

Most religions are based on fundamental truths...yep fine...but I have now time for dweebs like you thinking your get exclusivity on truth and what irks me even more is most of you end up cherry picking to justify your hatred for the other religion and then the crazy fundamentalists of all sides start wanting to kill everyone that doesn't believe there's.

For a christian that claims to have bowed out of society you sure do spend sometime on a pute connected to the world looking for someone to bore to death with your incessant religious justification of why your right and everyone else is wrong.

You need to put that bible down for a while and stop hanging around fervent christian sites and go and feed the ducks or weed the vegie patch.

So in summing up rob...you believe what you wish to believe and I'll believe what I believe...but the moment you claim your belief is more valid then the anothers based on scant knowledge of the others book of beliefs and probably your own...then start trying to ram that down my throat up better have your ducks lined up and all I have seen you do is shuffle them about and play three card monty with truth...perhap's you know my friend "Rick" and his friend "Riddler"? they like to play monty too until they lose and need to run and hide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min usa 151,875
Edward shearer 58 min Eli 3
Jenny Stotts and daymon 2 hr curious 2
gary money (Apr '10) 6 hr Whatever 24
are you married but still lonely? (Sep '09) 7 hr DUCK 96
Carolyn carter 16 hr Hater 1
Taylor - Next Wet County? Fri wine lover 35

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance