Grandview Nursing Home
medco employee

Lexington, KY

#162 Jan 23, 2009
Grandview is just that, a beautiful new facility! Like most nursing homes they are under staffed and the CNAs are under paid. I have worked there, and although a pretty setting, your loved ones will have trouble getting the care they need. They do not provide the best care to their residents. I'm sure their nursing and therapy staff try to do right by them, but they do not have enough staff! I've worked in a lot of nursing homes and nobody does a better job caring for their residents than Medco. Its not perfect. No nursing home is. But it's the best I've worked in. Medicare rates them a 4*, versus Grandview's rating of only 2*'s.
need some info wrote:
I'm getting ready to have to put my mom in a nursing home. Anyone know anything about the Grandview that is out on the water tower bypass???
medco employee

Lexington, KY

#163 Jan 23, 2009
Most nursing homes aren't interested in recruiting long-term patients. Most seak out those who have recently been admitted to a hospital because their paid a higher rate when a patient is Medicare part A. Medicaid as an insurance just doesnt pay out as much. If your family member goes into the hospital for a 3 day stay they will likely fall under Medicare A and will be more desirable by a new nursing home.
I know wrote:
Just make sure that the one you pick is the one you really like because if you place some one in the nursing home and then find out you dont like it there you will have a hard time getting them in another nursing home due to insurance. This happenend to some one in my family. My brother in law was put in a nursing home and all he done was cry all the time. The family was not happy with the way he was being took care of so me and my husband brought him home to live with us. We had him for one year and it got to where we were unable to care for him. There was not a nursing home in C-ville that would take him because he had been in a nursing home before.It was all about what his insurane would pay. I am sure his name is still on there list.There is a nursing home in E-town that took him, and he is very, very happy now.He really loves being there.
medco employee

Lexington, KY

#164 Jan 23, 2009
If you witnessed verbal or any other kind of abuse you were/are obligated to report it either to the management, the facility's ombudsman, or directly to frankfort. Those phone numbers are posted in the facility. Also, if you are looking for a nursing home for your family member, each facility is required to display a copy of that facility's recent "state surveys." It will give you some idea as to the type of problems frankfort has identified in that building.
former worker wrote:
i've worked at medco, the grandview, and village of lebanon. all are HORRIBLE. i've seen patients left wet, wet beds not changed, patients cussed at and talked down to, and many other things. i would not recommend putting your family member in ANY of these places. especially the grandview, this place has had more complaints to frankfort than most of the facilities in the state. they are all very understaffed. dont get me wrong, some of the people that still work at the grandview are wonderful people such as annie huff she's not the director but she's a med tech. but they can't be there all the time. i was a cna. they treated me like crap. i was alone with a WHOLE WING..that's 55 patients when one CNA didn't show up. no one helped me except one nurse and she was the only nurse for the same patients. those who didn't help me included annie (the director) and cindy the administrator. as far as the village goes, they turn off call lights and dont even check on people. medco is ok but the director of nursing is a pain in the...you know. there are good nurses there tho. linda satterly is the best. she used to be at the grandview. something like this is not an easy choice, but just make sure everything is done. check for wetness, bed sores, and make sure that we spots are not covered up by wet pads. pop in at unexpected hours. if you need some hints let me know.
medco employee

Lexington, KY

#165 Jan 23, 2009
Medco does not stink. It's one of the best smelling nursing homes I've been in. Yes, you can occasionally smell BM or urine but the staff does a great job of dealing with that. If Medco stunk 98% of the time when you came in, maybe you should take consider checking the bottom of ur shoe! Your comment about the smell is not credible.
I Care Greensburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Mabel...Mary Anne or whoever you are you started out half decent,because YES we did have a very bad experience with MEDCO,but then YOU called me a liar & that makes me mad,if you can't except the truth without name calling you need to stay off the forum,I have no reason to lie,I'm not there as a patient,don't have any of my family there anymore,& don't need to lie to uphold a place of employment,I was just passing along a very bad experience.Let's establishes three things right off the bat.
# 1 You & I both know that the things I said happened can't be proved,you can't prove wet bed & clothing,nasty things throwed & LEFT in the floor,clothes that were marked getting gone,with only the explanation that they were misplaced & given to someone else during laundry,sores & many other things.Charts are debatable also.
# 2 I AM NOT A LIAR every word I wrote was true.
#3 I am not a DISGRUNTLED or any other kind of an employee,if i was not disabled & unable to work anymore I would have CONTINUED caring for my family member.
I hope this has made you mad.Maybe you'll try to do something about it.Put forth that energy to make a difference.Also I said stink,maybe I should have said stench & NO it wasn't just after a BM.
This was 98 % of the time we ever came through the door & it was at different times of the day & night,everyday unless due to death or illness kept us away.This person was loved,& was only in a nursing facility because we were not able to take care of them.Also it HAS been since 2000 & over a long period of time,because we wanted to get them moved close so we could continue to visit & be there for them & we were as long as they lived,but it took awhile to get them replaced close.
All I wanted was for the person asking about a place for thier mother to know what we went through & the difference in nursing homes,care given and pray they will check for themself.
Just wondering

AOL

#166 Jan 25, 2009
a concerned friend wrote:
Medco is trash!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to say they all anre trash ,to many people ,to few underpaid workers . I would not put a dog in any of them !
Just wondering

AOL

#167 Jan 25, 2009
they are all trash ..sorry for the miss spelling ..
Back Again

United States

#168 Jan 25, 2009
This is getting nowhere! Nursing homes are good places especially IF you do not want to take care of your family. They at least will have someone watching out for them, bathing them, feeding them and cleaning their rooms. Not only that but someone takes charge of their medications to make sure they take want they are suppose to take and at the right time. They have good food to eat now it is not the nursing home's place or fault if your family member lived off junk food and now has to eat home cooked food. Nursing homes for the most part ARE the same, care is about the same, yes some facilities have beautiful new facilities with new updated furniture and so! If there is one person on this site or any topix's site that their BM smells like a rose you most certainly need to donate your butt to science so the scientist can figure out what you do that makes your poop smell so pretty and fresh. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how people go to the toilet, or in a diaper, bed pan or bedside toilet and pass a BM and it does not smell for a while. Truly if your smells so sweet then the whole world would like to know what you do that makes you so special and this goes for your urine, too! The world is waiting for this breaking news! Poop smells and age, nor gender, nor race makes much of a difference. Try to get a good whiff of your own the next time and check yourself out before you go off half cocked to the world about nursing homes and the BM smells!
mandy

Buffalo, TX

#169 Mar 15, 2009
this is the way i see it all nursing homes are about the same ... Some are run better than others , but to me the grandview rsd. are my family and i do love them it takes an angel of god to do a job like this and you have to have a heart of gold to come in every day and give these people your love and affection.. They deseve it , they are like my grand parents and i take care of them as if they were.. i have nothing bad to say about medco because were all in the medical field to do one thing . Love and take care of our elders... Now this is speaking for myself.. Not everyone else....God Bless You....
concerened citizen

AOL

#170 Mar 15, 2009
mandy wrote:
this is the way i see it all nursing homes are about the same ... Some are run better than others , but to me the grandview rsd. are my family and i do love them it takes an angel of god to do a job like this and you have to have a heart of gold to come in every day and give these people your love and affection.. They deseve it , they are like my grand parents and i take care of them as if they were.. i have nothing bad to say about medco because were all in the medical field to do one thing . Love and take care of our elders... Now this is speaking for myself.. Not everyone else....God Bless You....
Mandy sure couldn't of said it any better myself, and back again I love you saying to the other person to donate their butt to scientology so they can study the rose smelling butt that the BM is soooooooo good! Ha ha
Back Again

Lexington, KY

#171 Mar 15, 2009
What amazes me the most is when families bring their family members in a facility to be taken care of for long term care, the patient eats like a dog, almost starved to death, when a nurse tries to give them their medicines they think someone is trying to poison them, they really act difficult not like an Alzhiemiers patient but scared to death and this leads me to think these people were abused in some way before they come into our facilities? This is from the get go, the very first meal or med pass. This people have been treated wrong and it shows. Yes there are homes out there that do not take proper care of their residents but I DO NOT think one could find that in this area and I am speaking about Green Hill, Medco, Grandview,Cedars, the new one in Lebanon. I believe this places are run correctly! Been in them too many times and have never seen a thing that appeared to be whacky about the care or services given! Makes one wonder what kind of life are our older folks having in private home settings or their own home, appartments and ETC! I am not talking about retirement homes either, the homes that are run by the families or the care givers! You can always tell when a person has been forced to take medicines and my heart goes out to them but the ones that did this need a good A$$ whipping for treating an elderly person that way!
Not so sure

Trinity, TX

#172 Apr 7, 2009
My problem with Medco is this.. I personally went to school with some of the girls that have/work there now, and they have been in and out of jail, I know they are NOT the kind of people you want around your loved ones. I don't know if they are paid under the table or what, But I have NO IDEA how they got a job there caring for the elderly. I would never be able to leave them alone.
Back Again

Lexington, KY

#173 Apr 7, 2009
If you know this to be true you need to call Medco and talk to the administrator from a pay phone or whatever. If you really care for the elderly you should do this simply by doing what is right! If their police report came back without felonies then they can hire them! Any place can and will hire unless one takes enough backbone to rat on these sorry a$$ people! Write a letter address it to Medco Center and explain why or how you feel this way or know this stuff!
mandy

Quitman, AR

#174 Apr 12, 2009
The grandview is also a nice place to work i have wporked there for three yrs now and it is a good place to relax and spend time with your family.. We hardly ever have a bad comment.. and that is the way we would like to keep it . i my self go in every morning with one thing on my mind .. taking care of my patients and making them feel as if they were at home ... I guess it just takes good hearted people and some one with the time and patients to do that kind of work....
need a job

Elizabethtown, KY

#175 Apr 13, 2009
are they hiring?
cat

Huntsville, TX

#176 Apr 15, 2009
my grandmother is in the grandview and i was wanding about to put in a job there as SRNA but i heard they work two weekends before they have a weekend off why do they when i was there to see
my grandmother the other day one aide told me
that all other nurse housekeeping cooks have
off everyother weekend why not the aide thy
work the hardest who i need to see i work there
if i had every other weekend off who want to work
just having one weekend off a month
justme

Mundelein, IL

#177 Apr 20, 2009
If you want your loved one in a pretty building Grandview is the place. If you want them to have good care it is NOT the place.
Some nurses care some don't. Not enough staff to care for half the patients they have.
worker

Elizabethtown, KY

#178 Apr 20, 2009
it's not a very good place to put your family i wouldnt do it try the village in lebanon i hear really good things about it
worker

Elizabethtown, KY

#179 Apr 20, 2009
mandy i think your not being to honest i work with you and your not a very good worker,your loud and sometimes be hateful to the patients.don't act like your the best worker you have gotten many complaints i know i work there
worker2

Elizabethtown, KY

#180 Apr 20, 2009
mandy your not being that honest you have gooten a lot of complaints and you yourself has been mean to the patients not give the a shower and not change them when they asked your not the best worker so please don't come on here and make yourself look good.

Since: Jan 09

Greensburg, KY

#181 Apr 21, 2009
cat wrote:
my grandmother is in the grandview and i was wanding about to put in a job there as SRNA but i heard they work two weekends before they have a weekend off why do they when i was there to see
my grandmother the other day one aide told me
that all other nurse housekeeping cooks have
off everyother weekend why not the aide thy
work the hardest who i need to see i work there
if i had every other weekend off who want to work
just having one weekend off a month
Your spelling is pretty bad. Why would they even want you to work there? You would get to see your Grandma a lot more. What is it you are bitching about? Why don't you just keep living off us tax paying people and just stop whining about it lazy ass. It's all about you isn't it. Welcome to real life honey. What is wanding?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Strel 163,536
Who is the best rapper or rap group from Kentucky? (Apr '08) 2 hr DaMan 188
Black Helicopters Flying Over (May '09) 2 hr DaMan 105
Hunter Yates (Sep '16) 6 hr NANANA 3
Joshua Mann 6 hr ConcernedFriend 5
Blake Corbin lawn service 11 hr Walter Sobchek 3
What Is Going On With All The Lawsuits Against ... (May '10) Tue Zookr 88

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages