Nativity scene at Library
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#1 Dec 1, 2012
The government says "No more", I think its foolish that the government should get involved in something so simple as that. I think there's no harm in a Nativity scene being put up at our public library.
concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Dec 1, 2012
And this is at the Campbellsville Public Library, I think there's a petition being put up for people to sign to have the Nativity scene to remain. I am signing it.
LMS

Greensburg, KY

#3 Dec 1, 2012
Why not your real name concerned if you are trying to make a statement???? Why hide?????
LMS

Greensburg, KY

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Why not use your real name concerned if all you are doing is making a statement about strongly you feel???
LMS

Greensburg, KY

#6 Dec 1, 2012
concerned wrote:
And this is at the Campbellsville Public Library, I think there's a petition being put up for people to sign to have the Nativity scene to remain. I am signing it.
Good for you. Who are you?
concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2012
And I guess LMS is your real name?
LMS

Greensburg, KY

#8 Dec 1, 2012
concerned wrote:
And I guess LMS is your real name?
I have used my real name on here so don't go there!!! This is not my subject that I am posting demanding something be done. It is your's so why not let everyone know who you are????? I might support you in real life but, not on this Forum.
concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Dec 1, 2012
well I have posted my name on here too, and I don't think it matters who I am, and by the reaction I am getting thus far, I guess it doesn't matter if they have one or not.
LMS

Trinity, TX

#10 Dec 1, 2012
Hate to hear you have gave up.
concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Dec 1, 2012
I haven't given up, I am still signing the petition, but I guess cause I was asking something that delt with Jesus, and not about gossip or someone to bad mouth, no one was interested. But thanks LMS for responding to it anyway. Have yourself a wonderful holiday season.
LMS

Trinity, TX

#12 Dec 1, 2012
I agree with your goal but, yes this is not the place to reach out.
You did your best to let everyone know about what is happening but, it is now a real world concern not a cyber Forum matter. Good luck.
Hank

Hodgenville, KY

#13 Dec 1, 2012
I think they should close the whole D--- library.
The majority of legal voters opposed it to begin with, so what they do at x-mas is likely gonna be up to the select few that wanted something for nothing anyhow.
louisville doesnt exist

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Dec 1, 2012
Hank wrote:
I think they should close the whole D--- library.
The majority of legal voters opposed it to begin with, so what they do at x-mas is likely gonna be up to the select few that wanted something for nothing anyhow.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying legal voters are opposed to a library? Maybe building a new one they do. But I'm sure people don't have a problem with a library except for you. I would sign up for keeping the nativity scene. That's the problem in the U.S. now. We allow a select few to rule what we can or can't do because they file a law suit saying it offends them. "F" them!
LMS

Trinity, TX

#16 Dec 2, 2012
concerned wrote:
I haven't given up, I am still signing the petition, but I guess cause I was asking something that delt with Jesus, and not about gossip or someone to bad mouth, no one was interested. But thanks LMS for responding to it anyway. Have yourself a wonderful holiday season.
Sorry that such a serious subject gets treated this way but, that is the way of this Forum.
I am sorry I started off asking for your name but, I feel that if a person is serious about a subject that reflects on his/her City that they should go with their real name on here then people would know who they are supporting???
Bert

Pryor, OK

#17 Dec 2, 2012
Where is the petition at?jy
LMS

Trinity, TX

#18 Dec 2, 2012
louisville doesnt exist wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying legal voters are opposed to a library? Maybe building a new one they do. But I'm sure people don't have a problem with a library except for you. I would sign up for keeping the nativity scene. That's the problem in the U.S. now. We allow a select few to rule what we can or can't do because they file a law suit saying it offends them. "F" them!
You haven't put much thought into your reply!!! How much room is available for the other hundred or so religions that will also want to put up a display??????
Proud Liberal

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Dec 2, 2012
Judging from the language usage, the library is badly needed here. Use it.
bush hog

Greenbrier, AR

#20 Dec 2, 2012
We go through this issue every year. Some people just don't get it. If other religion faiths put their symbols on government property, people may get the big picture. Religion belongs in the church, not on public property. Some people just don't except the laws of this country.
louisville doesnt exist

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 Dec 2, 2012
LMS wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't put much thought into your reply!!! How much room is available for the other hundred or so religions that will also want to put up a display??????
And what religion would object to the nativity scene? NADA!
Hindu

Greensburg, KY

#23 Dec 2, 2012
If a non-Christian religion wanted to put up something on government property, what do you think the reaction would be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huddle House W2's (Jan '10) 8 min Aprilgreenway 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Safeguard 163,265
Old hot dog joint downtown. 11 hr Mick 2
rue21 closing? 12 hr Probably 4
DawnaHash/Jactopus/Patti Grubbins 23 hr Atlanta Moose 2
Teachers at CHS Sat Smh 2
In Campbellsville looking for something fun to do Fri So what 2

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages