29 Straight Months of Job Growth/4.5 ...

29 Straight Months of Job Growth/4.5 Million Jobs Added

Posted in the Campbellsville Forum

KyHorseFly

Paris, KY

#1 Aug 6, 2012
http://www.examiner.com/-----------------The July report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows that private sector establishments added 172,000 jobs, and overall non-farm payroll employment rose by 163,000. The economy has now added private sector jobs for 29 straight months, for a total of 4.5 million jobs during that period. the figure - which is based on the household survey - showed that the unemployment rate ticked up from 8.217% in June to 8.254% in July)- that's just .037, the equivalent of a hand-touch in Olympic swimming. Acting BLS Commissioner John Galvin noted in his statement that the unemployment rate was “essentially unchanged” from June to July.The establishment survey indicated that manufacturing employment continues to expand and manufacturers added 25,000 jobs in July. After losing millions of manufacturing jobs in the years before and during the recession, the economy has added 532,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2010 – the strongest growth for any 30-month period since June 1989. Within manufacturing, motor vehicles and parts added 12,800 jobs in July, its strongest monthly growth since January 2011, partly reflecting fewer seasonal layoffs last month.
The establishment survey indicated that manufacturing employment continues to expand and manufacturers added 25,000 jobs in July. After losing millions of manufacturing jobs in the years before and during the recession, the economy has added 532,000 manufacturing jobs since January 2010 – the strongest growth for any 30-month period since June 1989. Within manufacturing, motor vehicles and parts added 12,800 jobs in July, its strongest monthly growth since January 2011, partly reflecting fewer seasonal layoffs last month.

Other sectors with net job increases included professional and business services (+49,000), education and health services (+38,000), leisure and hospitality (+27,000), and wholesale trade (+9,200). Within leisure and hospitality, restaurant employment rose by 29,400 jobs.
nono

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Those 4.5 million jobs that were added over 29 months averages about 90,000 jobs per state, further broken down to average about 750 jobs per KY county. Taking into consideration these were agricultural and manufacturing jobs, larger cities in KY probably hired more in the manufacturing area than did the smaller counties who, in return, probably did more agricultural hiring than cities. Whatever the case may be, if indeed that many jobs have been added, we still need more jobs. As to the outcry that the unemployment rate is falling...sure, it is. No question about it. Many have fallen off the record because their unemployment ran out and those unfortunate ones who had no unemployment simply got tired of hearing the same old thing at the unemployment office and stopped wasting their time. Thus no record of their lack of emploment. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it probably IS a duck. We all know there are a lot of loose quackers out there. Be thankful if you have a job and dont walk away from it unless you have a signed agreement for your next job. Pray for those who continue to seek employment.
And Now The Truth

Danville, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2012
There are now about 8 million more working age Americans than when Obama became president. With a growing population, more jobs were needed just to keep the economy standing in place.

Since the recovery started in July 2009, the working age population has grown by 213,000 people on average each month. Normally about 60 percent of the working age population is working. Thus, it would have been necessary to add about 128,000 jobs each month just to keep the share of the working age population employed from falling.

That means that a minimum of a little over 4.7 million jobs had to be created during the recovery just to keep us treading water. That growth wouldn't have done anything to make up for the huge job losses that we had suffered up to that point. In fact, only 2.7 million jobs have been added over that time period - 2 million jobs short of what we needed just to keep from falling further behind.

For further reading, the actual truth can be found here:

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2012...
McGruff

Lexington, KY

#5 Sep 23, 2012
There are fewer jobs now than when obammy took office. The work force participation rate is at its lowest level since the early 80's. Black youth are unemployed at a rate of over 43%. There are over 800,000 fewer women working today. The economy has take a permenant plunge. Thanks to obammy
Is it over

AOL

#6 Oct 7, 2012
I'm so ready for election to be over?
just

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Oct 7, 2012
awesome
Happy

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Oct 7, 2012
You and me both
Rip it up

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 7, 2012
Awesome so cool
Nbm

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Fact checker
spose

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Oct 8, 2012
McGruff wrote:
There are fewer jobs now than when obammy took office. The work force participation rate is at its lowest level since the early 80's. Black youth are unemployed at a rate of over 43%. There are over 800,000 fewer women working today. The economy has take a permenant plunge. Thanks to obammy
You poor stupid devoid of facts moron. When your precious Bush left office the DOW was around 6500. It is now over 13,000. The economy under Bush was bleeding 750,000 jobs a month and we have now had 30 months of job increases. Just after Bush left office the unemployment rate was 10.3% and now is 7.8%.

And what kind of fool would want to return to the policies of the Bush era? Damn moron, buy youeself a clue.
McGruff

Trinity, TX

#14 Oct 8, 2012
spose wrote:
<quoted text>You poor stupid devoid of facts moron. When your precious Bush left office the DOW was around 6500. It is now over 13,000. The economy under Bush was bleeding 750,000 jobs a month and we have now had 30 months of job increases. Just after Bush left office the unemployment rate was 10.3% and now is 7.8%.

And what kind of fool would want to return to the policies of the Bush era? Damn moron, buy youeself a clue.
yes I do want to return to pro growth policies that will put people back to work. The Dow has nothing to do with employment. It does have to do with the rich getting richer. Under obammy the gap between rich and poor has widened like no other time. Unemployment hasn't went down because people are back to work but rather because people have instead went on welfare. Welfare is at an all time high. Obammys policies are welfare policies. America is weak because of obammys policies.
spose

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Oct 8, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I do want to return to pro growth policies that will put people back to work. The Dow has nothing to do with employment. It does have to do with the rich getting richer. Under obammy the gap between rich and poor has widened like no other time. Unemployment hasn't went down because people are back to work but rather because people have instead went on welfare. Welfare is at an all time high. Obammys policies are welfare policies. America is weak because of obammys policies.
You poor ignorant fool. You have the phking nerve to accuse Obama of widening the gap between rich and poor when the widening gap is a direct result of the Bush tax cuts.

You are fool enough to want to return to the days of losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush? And your mindless rantings of, "pro growth policies that will put people back to work." George did everything possible to wreck this country and you want to return to that bullshit. You are a damn fool.

If the DOW has nothing to do with employment then why did the DOW plunge to 6,500 when we were losing 700,000 to 800,000 jobs a month. Only a fool would say the DOW has nothing to do with jobs.
McGruff

Trinity, TX

#16 Oct 8, 2012
spose wrote:
<quoted text>You poor ignorant fool. You have the phking nerve to accuse Obama of widening the gap between rich and poor when the widening gap is a direct result of the Bush tax cuts.

You are fool enough to want to return to the days of losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush? And your mindless rantings of, "pro growth policies that will put people back to work." George did everything possible to wreck this country and you want to return to that bullshit. You are a damn fool.

If the DOW has nothing to do with employment then why did the DOW plunge to 6,500 when we were losing 700,000 to 800,000 jobs a month. Only a fool would say the DOW has nothing to do with jobs.
actually it is the result of the average wage dropping 8% in the last four years. It is the fact that most of the jobs that have been created in the last four years have been very low paying jobs. So yes as usual I am right and you are wrong.

The Dow didn't plunge because of job loss.

We had a recession. It wasn't caused by Bush or any of his policies except partly for spending too much money. I want to go back to job growth and encouraging business. We have had the exact opposite from obammy.
McGruff

Trinity, TX

#17 Oct 8, 2012
spose wrote:
<quoted text>You poor ignorant fool. You have the phking nerve to accuse Obama of widening the gap between rich and poor when the widening gap is a direct result of the Bush tax cuts.

You are fool enough to want to return to the days of losing 700,000 jobs a month under Bush? And your mindless rantings of, "pro growth policies that will put people back to work." George did everything possible to wreck this country and you want to return to that bullshit. You are a damn fool.

If the DOW has nothing to do with employment then why did the DOW plunge to 6,500 when we were losing 700,000 to 800,000 jobs a month. Only a fool would say the DOW has nothing to do with jobs.
Princeton Professor Harvey Rosen says that obammys claim that he said Romney's tax plan doesn't add up is untrue. He says that isn't what he said. In fact he says he thinks it will work. Seems obammy been lying. Again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Strel 163,536
Who is the best rapper or rap group from Kentucky? (Apr '08) 2 hr DaMan 188
Black Helicopters Flying Over (May '09) 2 hr DaMan 105
Hunter Yates (Sep '16) 6 hr NANANA 3
Joshua Mann 6 hr ConcernedFriend 5
Blake Corbin lawn service 11 hr Walter Sobchek 3
What Is Going On With All The Lawsuits Against ... (May '10) Tue Zookr 88

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages