trustworthy ministers

Posted in the Campbellsville Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
where

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 29, 2008
 
where is Brian Rafferty now?
MamaT

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 2, 2008
 
Brian Rafferty is at Liberty Baptist in Russell Springs. He's been in Green County a lot lately. He's a soul-winner.

Here is my list of ministers who have been kind to me and whom I highly respect: Brian Rafferty, Dr. Gary Ervin, Danny Pace, Robby Harmon, Kenny Dotson, Jeff Newton, Matthew Murrell, Don Lee, Earl Rodgers, Clint Graham, John Batcher, Fred Miller, Freddy Thompson, Dickie Rodgers, Shaun Caudill and Jason Castenir. Wonderful, spirit-filled, God-called men.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out!
MamaT

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 2, 2008
 
Oops! I forgot to mention Jody Graham, Brent Godsey, Fella Wilson, Haywood Riner and Kyle Franklin.

Since: Mar 08

Summersville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 2, 2008
 
MamaT wrote:
Oops! I forgot to mention Jody Graham, Brent Godsey, Fella Wilson, Haywood Riner and Kyle Franklin.
Oops, you forgot to mention that Gary Ervin should not be a preacher and that his wife is a criminal.
Blessed at 1st cumberland

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 2, 2008
 
Wayne Brooks, he tells it like it is, does`nt pull any punches because of the leaders of the church getting upset, not afraid to preach the gospel.

Since: Mar 08

Summersville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
May 2, 2008
 
Blessed at 1st cumberland wrote:
Wayne Brooks, he tells it like it is, does`nt pull any punches because of the leaders of the church getting upset, not afraid to preach the gospel.
What is the gospel? Explain what you think the gospel is.
joke

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
May 2, 2008
 
you are all crazy
Blessed at 1st cumberland

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
May 2, 2008
 
whoisu wrote:
<quoted text>What is the gospel? Explain what you think the gospel is.
i see that you are going to try to pick this apart because you have nothing better to do so ok here goes,, when i said the gospel i was talking about the bible Gods word, but for the answer to your question, there are 4 gospels in the bible matthew, mark, luke and john. they are apostalistck,(meaning they came from the source or someone that knew them) this was one of the ways the put the cannon together. The cannon is what we call the bible today. there have been many cannon put together but the bible is the one that is used. there are many other book that have been written that did not make it into what we call the bible today.
Patti

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
May 2, 2008
 
Trustworthy preachers? Paul Patton

Since: Mar 08

Summersville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 2, 2008
 
Blessed at 1st cumberland wrote:
<quoted text> i see that you are going to try to pick this apart because you have nothing better to do so ok here goes,, when i said the gospel i was talking about the bible Gods word, but for the answer to your question, there are 4 gospels in the bible matthew, mark, luke and john. they are apostalistck,(meaning they came from the source or someone that knew them) this was one of the ways the put the cannon together. The cannon is what we call the bible today. there have been many cannon put together but the bible is the one that is used. there are many other book that have been written that did not make it into what we call the bible today.
Actually a cannon is a big gun. A canon is a list or set of Biblical books considered to be authoritative as scripture by a particular religious community, generally in Judaism or Christianity. I hope he is not teaching about cannons. I did not asked if he preached from the bible. I asked what gospel did he teach and to explain the gospel. Maybe I am not making myself clear enough for your simple mind.
Blessed at 1st cumberland

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 2, 2008
 
whoisu wrote:
<quoted text>Actually a cannon is a big gun. A canon is a list or set of Biblical books considered to be authoritative as scripture by a particular religious community, generally in Judaism or Christianity. I hope he is not teaching about cannons. I did not asked if he preached from the bible. I asked what gospel did he teach and to explain the gospel. Maybe I am not making myself clear enough for your simple mind.
you ask me what i thought a gospel was.. not what he was preaching on,,
unhu

Virden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 2, 2008
 
Patti wrote:
Trustworthy preachers? Paul Patton
tee hee hee!
what

Virden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 2, 2008
 
whoisu wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, you forgot to mention that Gary Ervin should not be a preacher and that his wife is a criminal.
lol...do tell!
MamaT

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 2, 2008
 
I have known Dr. Gary over 30 years. My parents took me to all the revivals at BBC when I was a child. He was the first preacher that I prayed with, at the age of 7 or 8. I didn't understand salvation clearly at this time; I just knew I did not want to go to Hell. Over the years, I'd see him out and he would always ask about my family. My dad's family came from that church. My grandfather was a deacon there and many of my deceased relatives on my dad's side are buried there. My husband and I attended there for a few months while I was pregnant with my son. We never joined.

Dr. Gary was the only one who would marry me and my husband when we were searching for a preacher to marry us. Other Baptist preachers wouldn't marry us because I'd been "married" before.(I got married the first time to a pothead/liar/cheater when I was 18 and he'd left me before that fall for his other girlfriend, who was younger than me and kept getting pregnant by him!!!!!) When we went for counseling, Dr.Gary did not judge me or try to talk me into waiting for marriage or talk me out of the marriage altogether.

Dr. Gary has always spoken to my husband and me when we're out in public. He still asks about my parents' well-being.

I repay kindnesses shown me by others by being kind in turn.

Dr. Gary's father just died. Marcella, his wife, had a brain bleed, and has been to the hospital recently.

I've been to BBC in the last few weeks and have noted that that church seems to be on fire for the Lord! Needless to say, that makes Satan MAD. Could it be that he and the church are under spiritual attack? If so, BBC members and prayer warriors, you can pray to break this stronghold.

As for Marcella's incident at Wal-Mart, we don't know the full story. Even so, give her some grace. Preachers cannot always "control" what their wives and children do. I'm sure everyone will learn something from this incident. Let's pray for them instead of laughing at them.
YES THERE IS

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 2, 2008
 
Whois u is wrong!!!! LOL... Brian Rafferty is a wonderful spirit filled man. I have known him before he knew God and am a personal friend of his, you would be hard pressed to find a better man anywhere , preacher or not...They do exist!!! Jason Castiner is also a humble and powerful amn of God, so is James Jones...I am sure their are more...Who are you to say they do not exist?? I say the proofs in the pudding...go listen to one of these men, then come back and tell us they do not exist!!!

“Is truth stranger then fiction”

Since: Oct 07

Campbellsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 2, 2008
 
heart wrote:
Who do you think is the most trustworthy minister in Campbellsville? Who is the most helpful and is true to the Gospel?
As a Christian I find this question very immature. No one here is without sin.

Being a minster is not a easy job and I'm many working and doing the best they can. Some minsters maybe be more talented or gifted then others but they all are equally important.

I try to work and do my best for the Lord, people opinions on how good I'm has no merit with. I only have to seek approval from my Lord and Savior.

I have seen this over and over again...Members lifting up someone only to be let down. Many even quit church. As a Christian our main focus should be on Jesus and doing his will, not so much the preacher and other members actions.
heart

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 2, 2008
 
You're right, Bradley 10, our focus SHOULD be on Jesus.
Gateway

Virden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 2, 2008
 
Sis. Anna Overstreet at the International Gospel Lighthouse, true to God and her sheep.
whattt

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 2, 2008
 
MamaT wrote:
Brian Rafferty is at Liberty Baptist in Russell Springs. He's been in Green County a lot lately. He's a soul-winner.
Here is my list of ministers who have been kind to me and whom I highly respect: Brian Rafferty, Dr. Gary Ervin, Danny Pace, Robby Harmon, Kenny Dotson, Jeff Newton, Matthew Murrell, Don Lee, Earl Rodgers, Clint Graham, John Batcher, Fred Miller, Freddy Thompson, Dickie Rodgers, Shaun Caudill and Jason Castenir. Wonderful, spirit-filled, God-called men.
Hope I didn't leave anyone out!
I hope you are joking. some of this will I would not let in my house around my dogs. Let alone my kids.
heart

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 2, 2008
 
Why not, Whatt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Campbellsville Forum right now

Search the Campbellsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Are we back to this 128,012
Breaking News on Flint 49 min LMS 153
New mural downtown 54 min Historeann 60
mmus ????? 1 hr Temptress 33
Jeff Watson 2 hr LMS 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Le Jimbo 144,934
LMS Down 4 hr LMS 2
•••
•••
•••
Campbellsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Campbellsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Campbellsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Campbellsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••