Karma

Cecilia, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2012
"Apr 24, 2012 A Texas couple who filed a defamation lawsuit over three years ago against anonymous posters on the Internet forum Topix.com won a $13.8 million judgment.". I wish just one of the people harmed on here would sue - maybe people would think twice about posting libel.
Abe

Lexington, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Karma wrote:
"Apr 24, 2012 A Texas couple who filed a defamation lawsuit over three years ago against anonymous posters on the Internet forum Topix.com won a $13.8 million judgment.". I wish just one of the people harmed on here would sue - maybe people would think twice about posting libel.
Winning a judgement doesn't mean they get $$$$$$$$$$
the courts don't collect it for you. and these people on topix are poor so you may have a legal bill to pay and you still get O
Karma

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Winning a judgement doesn't mean they get $$$$$$$$$$
the courts don't collect it for you. and these people on topix are poor so you may have a legal bill to pay and you still get O
Yes, I agree; however, the judgement would follow them for the rest of their life - the same way some of these malicious posts follow the victims & their families.
Karma

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Plus, I suspect some of these posts are by people that you'd never expect - closet cowards, so-called Christians, "friends" ect, Just being truly outted to the community for what you are - would be repayment enough.
Abe

Lexington, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2012
Karma wrote:
Plus, I suspect some of these posts are by people that you'd never expect - closet cowards, so-called Christians, "friends" ect, Just being truly outted to the community for what you are - would be repayment enough.
Very true
projects vs decnt people

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Nov 19, 2012
boy i would love to see any of you all come after me....funny as hell!! you bunch of ray street and halls hill project bunch wouldnt know the first thing on how to get started on sueing someone..much less spell it....or have the money to do so.!!!!! oh i forgot, i guess you could sell your 800.00 a month foodcard for 400.oo cash to help you along!!!!!
Uneducated Resident

Cecilia, KY

#7 Nov 19, 2012
projects vs decnt people wrote:
boy i would love to see any of you all come after me....funny as hell!! you bunch of ray street and halls hill project bunch wouldnt know the first thing on how to get started on sueing someone..much less spell it....or have the money to do so.!!!!! oh i forgot, i guess you could sell your 800.00 a month foodcard for 400.oo cash to help you along!!!!!
Well, since you're obviously in the upper elite - why don't you make it easy on us po Ray Street folks and post your name Big Man?
Karma

Cecilia, KY

#8 Nov 19, 2012
projects vs decnt people wrote:
boy i would love to see any of you all come after me....funny as hell!! you bunch of ray street and halls hill project bunch wouldnt know the first thing on how to get started on sueing someone..much less spell it....or have the money to do so.!!!!! oh i forgot, i guess you could sell your 800.00 a month foodcard for 400.oo cash to help you along!!!!!
Enter closet coward above.
in the works

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Karma wrote:
"Apr 24, 2012 A Texas couple who filed a defamation lawsuit over three years ago against anonymous posters on the Internet forum Topix.com won a $13.8 million judgment.". I wish just one of the people harmed on here would sue - maybe people would think twice about posting libel.
There is one in the works against a Campbellsville couple for defamation, libel and harassment among other things.
Karma

Cecilia, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2012
in the works wrote:
<quoted text>There is one in the works against a Campbellsville couple for defamation, libel and harassment among other things.
Honestly, that's wonderful news - maybe people will second guess comments. Plus, if it goes public - "the couple" can see what it's like to be on the receiving end. If anyone is interested google toxic topix and you can sign a petition to reform topix - plus learn about your legal options if you've been a victim of libel. They also have several heart wrenching stories of people committing suicide after their name was posted in a topix forum - very sad - particuarly the stories about teens killing themselves.

“be happy”

Since: Feb 12

Burdik, Ky.

#11 Nov 23, 2012
Facebook users can sign a petition at "Toxic Topix", this site is strong arming legislation to force Topix to no longer archive all posts.
What

Cecilia, KY

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Jeff Schwab wrote:
Facebook users can sign a petition at "Toxic Topix", this site is strong arming legislation to force Topix to no longer archive all posts.
What do you mean "force topix to no longer archive all post?" how does this effect users? Or people who are victims? Why should someone sign the petition? Not being argumentative - really trying to understand If I should sign this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blow 1 hr Young_Man 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 hr Paul 170,593
Melissa (Jun '17) 15 hr Tom 74
Catherine Doty 15 hr Young_Man 1
Single ladies 15 hr Young_Man 4
Clar correct closing Thu jack mehoff 2
Worst bank people Wed Ipac17 11

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages